Things I don't like about Jimmy Butler

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Things I don't like about Jimmy Butler

Post by thedoper »

I just don't like the hypocrisy. You can't sit out the last game of the year and talk about your work ethic. I'm fine with him wanting more out of his team, I overlooking the bad 4th quarter shots last year. But his on court performance doesn't match his bravado. I like what KG said, Jimmy just doesn't have enough juice for what he's doing now, and everyone seems to know it since the offers for him have been relative dogshit.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

khans2k5 wrote:

Part of it is Jimmy can't actually say he wants to be traded. So that's a big time deflection from Glen because he knows Jimmy can't really answer the question directly because he can't say he wants a trade. Yes Jimmy has sent mixed signals, but at the same time he's restricted in what he can actually say without getting fined. I don't get why players are restricted in talking about their own situations. If a guy wants a trade it should be able to come out of his mouth and he just can't comment on where he wants to go.

Jimmy has already stated he wants to be traded. He just can say it publicly, but that doesn't mean he can't publicly complain about why he is unhappy. Glen isn't deflecting anything, but maybe doesn't want to make public what Jimmy has told him in confidence. The only thing that's mixed about Jimmy's messages, is what he can actually say that doesn't make him look bad. TOO LATE!
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

1. He carries a football around with him. Nothing really wrong with that, it's just stupid
2. I'm still bothered by him abandoning the team on the flight home from the playoff loss. It was the ultimate fuck you to his teammates, some of whom played better than he did.
3. His haircut
4. His injury history and sitting out games
5. He wears knee pads. Looks like a kid on a skateboard.
6. Takes zero responsibility on himself for his and the teams failings
7. Consistently says one thing and then demonstrates the opposite.

I think that's enough for now. I agree with most of what has already been said too.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Jimmy is very egomaniacal. He thinks he is better then he is, he is very good but not a top tier player. He is not a team player, as we can see from his time at Chicago and here. If the rumors are true he slept with KAT's GF that only proves my point more. When things get tough, he bails. He's a quitter and a loser.
Monster

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:1. He carries a football around with him. Nothing really wrong with that, it's just stupid
2. I'm still bothered by him abandoning the team on the flight home from the playoff loss. It was the ultimate fuck you to his teammates, some of whom played better than he did.
3. His haircut
4. His injury history and sitting out games
5. He wears knee pads. Looks like a kid on a skateboard.
6. Takes zero responsibility on himself for his and the teams failings
7. Consistently says one thing and then demonstrates the opposite.

I think that's enough for now. I agree with most of what has already been said too.

Now Stupid Butler has ruined wearing knee pads to ball in?!? I gotta still wear them though I can't help myself diving for loose balls etc.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

I think the only thing that annoys me with Jimmy is that he is hypocritical.

Says he wants to win but lists the Clippers, Nets and Knicks as teams he wants to be traded to. Then adds the Heat to that list.

All he wants to do is "hoop", he has missed two games because of "rest"

Talks about the teammates are not the problem. Comes to the game but watches in the back instead of the bench.

In the end he is a damn good basketball player that is a dick.

Of the whole thing in general it annoys me because the rockets are struggling. There is a damn good case to be made the Wolves are the 2nd best team in the west only behind the Warriors. Rumors are that Durant might leave in the offseason. There would be a chance of a 2 to 3 year window of a championship caliber team. But because of Ego and top down leadership, we are where we are and it stinks. We could become a contender because of Jimmy but because of Jimmy we are not close.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

I don't like hero ball guys. At this point everyone else knows he's a bad teammate so get what you can at this point.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I like Jimmy on and off the court. I like his effort and ability on both ends of the court. I like that he's essentially a self-made superstar. I liked when he rejected the Chicago Bulls extension years ago when most fans thought it was a fair offer, bet on himself, and became the Most Improved Player in the league. I like that he didn't let external circumstances when he was growing up restrict him from being a successful person in his life. I like that he's confrontational -- great players often are in some ways. I like the Jimmy haircut -- low skin fade with twists up top; he's famous for it. I like that he has a good sense of humor -- yes, even the "keep that same energy" clap-back at Andrew Wiggins' dope of a brother Nick. I like his friendship with Dwyane Wade. I've met Dwyane in person before and he seemed like a genuinely good person that would only surround himself with good people. I like how Jimmy's presence here created interest from Kyrie Irving. I like that Jimmy Butler loves to play dominoes instead of video games. I like that Jimmy Butler thinks he'd be a great NFL receiver -- and in a different life, maybe he would have been an unstoppable tight end.

I'm sorry, I cannot sit and allow the bashing of Jimmy without throwing in my opposing opinion. I think he's an overall good guy and a great modern day basketball player.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Camden wrote:I like Jimmy on and off the court. I like his effort and ability on both ends of the court. I like that he's essentially a self-made superstar. I liked when he rejected the Chicago Bulls extension years ago when most fans thought it was a fair offer, bet on himself, and became the Most Improved Player in the league. I like that he didn't let external circumstances when he was growing up restrict him from being a successful person in his life. I like that he's confrontational -- great players often are in some ways. I like the Jimmy haircut -- low skin fade with twists up top; he's famous for it. I like that he has a good sense of humor -- yes, even the "keep that same energy" clap-back at Andrew Wiggins' dope of a brother Nick. I like his friendship with Dwyane Wade. I've met Dwyane in person before and he seemed like a genuinely good person that would only surround himself with good people. I like how Jimmy's presence here created interest from Kyrie Irving. I like that Jimmy Butler loves to play dominoes instead of video games. I like that Jimmy Butler thinks he'd be a great NFL receiver -- and in a different life, maybe he would have been an unstoppable tight end.

I'm sorry, I cannot sit and allow the bashing of Jimmy without throwing in my opposing opinion. I think he's an overall good guy and a great modern day basketball player.

You must have missed this part from LST:
One ground rule...NO BUTLER POSITIVITY WELCOME IN THIS THREAD.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

Butler was my favorite player last year. He made me even turn on KAT towards the end of last year because KAT appeared to be more like Wiggins than the savior of the franchise while standing next to Jimmy. KAT who I was so excited for after his rookie year. Didn't mind all the drama, in fact, I laughed and agreed Jimmy quite a bit. That being said, his hero ball at the end of games is getting on my nerves to the level of watching those lonnnnngggggggg Wiggins 2s off the dribble. Plus the stuff after the Rose game.