Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
rapsuperstar31

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

KG4Ever wrote:Its nearly impossible to make any (realistic) Lakers trade work without adding a third team. If they kept Deng on the books, it could have worked. The only one I could get to work was Lakers giving up Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and Hart. Magic would be run out of town if he made that trade.

Yeah a Lakers deal won't work until later on in the season when they can trade players signed this off season. It's too bad all this didn't come out a lot sooner, as it would have been easy to trade with the Lakers if they still had Deng, or before they had wasted cap on Pope and Rondo as they could have absorbed Jimmy for Ingram and Hart.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Zach Lowe has some good analysis on potential deals: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24753362/zach-lowe-trade-market-minnesota-timberwolves-jimmy-butler
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

A McCollom for Butler deal would be too good to be true
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

How about Grayson Allen? Just kidding. Cleveland interested. Ok, who is all in on Butler for KLove?
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

papalrep wrote:How about Grayson Allen? Just kidding. Cleveland interested. Ok, who is all in on Butler for KLove?

Honestly, I'd do that deal. It would be great to fuck Butler for a year, and i always appreciated Love.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

We are not going to get something great out of this trade. But hopefully we can add pieces that will improve the team sans Butler.

3-point shooting has been a weakness for the Wolves. Butler was a contributor to that weakness. Acquiring a decent 3-point shooting wing would be good. Acquiring a defensive big to compliment KAT would be good (as an alternative to Dieng). And of course, adding a 1st round pick is always helpful as well.

Butler and Patton for Snell, Henson and pick is one trade that meets those criteria. I would be happy if that type of deal materialized for Butler. Hopefully they get it done soon.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
papalrep wrote:How about Grayson Allen? Just kidding. Cleveland interested. Ok, who is all in on Butler for KLove?

Honestly, I'd do that deal. It would be great to fuck Butler for a year, and i always appreciated Love.

Love can't be traded until Dec. 15. So it's not an option.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Being reported that Taylor is trying to drive up the price on Butler telling an GM we already have an offer for a better player. Toronto also is interested (OG would be solid)
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

60WinTim wrote:We are not going to get something great out of this trade. But hopefully we can add pieces that will improve the team sans Butler.

3-point shooting has been a weakness for the Wolves. Butler was a contributor to that weakness. Acquiring a decent 3-point shooting wing would be good. Acquiring a defensive big to compliment KAT would be good (as an alternative to Dieng). And of course, adding a 1st round pick is always helpful as well.

Butler and Patton for Snell, Henson and pick is one trade that meets those criteria. I would be happy if that type of deal materialized for Butler. Hopefully they get it done soon.

If that is the trade, fold the franchise. We would be getting 2 overpriced average at best role players. Better options will be out there. Also no reason to give up Patton, I know it is super annoying with his feet but no reason to give up an unknown player for such minimal return. (Now if we are getting quality players back Patton can be traded)
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

If i was the Wolves I'd be focusing on Knox. I might even give away Butler and a #1 for that. Of course we would need some salary filler coming back.