Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by Monster »

This is a significant development. 4 firsts especially if they are basically unprotected is a bigtime haul even if they eventually have to take on a player like Knight. That means teams have to up their offer if they want Butler. Butler is basically from Houston. Houston is a bigtime organization and Chris Paul and Butler seem to be pretty tight. I'd say the chances are not good of getting Butler if he is dealt to the Rockets AND if he resigns there that takes a guy off the market and gives teams that do have cap money one less option. Where is that GIF of Thibs Chuckling?
Monster

Post by Monster »

I'll add that while Chriss isn't a centerpiece of a trade I like the idea of getting him in a deal if we could. We have no real PF of the future and you can at least squint and hope for Okogie to be the SG of the future.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Can't they only put top 3 protection on picks in this scenario? Man you gotta take that, 2023 and 2025 you have no idea where the Rockets will be, those could be awesome picks.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

BloopOracle wrote:Can't they only put top 3 protection on picks in this scenario? Man you gotta take that, 2023 and 2025 you have no idea where the Rockets will be, those could be awesome picks.

I'd bet those picks will have been traded again by the time they come due.
MikeAz [enjin:6636981]

Post by MikeAz [enjin:6636981] »

I'm not too sure Thibs would be too excited about adding Knight, Chriss and 4 draft picks he may never coach. Best outcome may be that it makes someone else (Heat?) up their offer. What happens if the NBA changes the draft too as has been rumored?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

BloopOracle wrote:Can't they only put top 3 protection on picks in this scenario? Man you gotta take that, 2023 and 2025 you have no idea where the Rockets will be, those could be awesome picks.

Also 2021 might be a double draft meaning they might let HS kids in the draft, so the HS seniors and the 2021 freshman class will be eligible to be drafted meaning deeper draft.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Eric Gordon Chriss and 4 first rounders. 4 possible future pieces and Gordon as a floor spacing SG to keep the Wolves kinda interesting this season...and maybe as a trade asset. That would likely be hard to turn down on November 1st. I don't know if the Rockets would offer that package or not though. Some people are even skeptical about the 4 picks.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Dear Glen,

You don't know me, but I've driven by your wedding invite business on the way to watch training camp for a good pro sports team, and I have actually been to your one-horse hometown, so it's clear we have a strong connection, so please hear me out.

You did good not panicking. I would have panicked, and for the record, you may have out-thought yourself on the Love deal instead of just taking a pic and pupu-platter from Boston, but hindsight is 20/20.

But you aren't topping this one. You call them back, tell them for '19/'21/'23/'25 unprotected, the right to swap '20/'22/'24, '21 thru '25 seconds, and they take Patton, they can have Butler and ANYONE ELSE except KAT and Okogie, and you'll take back anyone they want (as others have pointed out, 11/1 would work best for HOU). I'm sure Khans will go pick up Eric Gordon at the airport if needed.

Then you go hire the world's best scout, take those 9 picks, and build something. And if your Ziggy-looking "POBO" doesn't like it, tell him he can catch a train.

I'm running out of patience.

All the best,
Jason

P.S. Do you ever say out-loud "President of Basketball OPERATIONS" and then burst into laughter? Operations is kind of a strong word as it relates to your "franchise". Maybe "Happenstance" or "Incidentals", but "Operations"? I'm not so sure.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

4 First is like the Herschel Walker trade....oh wrong forum
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

MikeAz wrote:I'm not too sure Thibs would be too excited about adding Knight, Chriss and 4 draft picks he may never coach. Best outcome may be that it makes someone else (Heat?) up their offer. What happens if the NBA changes the draft too as has been rumored?

I agree with your take on what Thibs likely things of their reported Houston offer. I do believe this should push Miami to improve their prior offer. I just don't see Pat Riley passing on the opportunity to get Buter. He's too competitive and his team is stuck in the bottom half of the Eastern Conference playoff picture with no realistic chance of freeing up cap space the next two years and their 2020 first round pick already traded. As always, the question is how far Riley will go and what package from Miami would make the most sense for the Wolves. Previously, I was dead set against taking back Whiteside in a Miami deal. But I've change my mind on that. I could get excited about a deal that landed Richardson, Whiteside and Miami's 2019 pick (even if lottery protected). I like the idea of having Whiteside's length and interior presence next to KAT. I would suspect our outgoing package would consist of Butler and Gorgui.