Porckchop

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by Porckchop »

Will Barton, Gary Harris and 1st rd pick for
Teague and Butler
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I suspect the Wolves will end up dealing Butler to the Clippers or Heat.

If the Clippers, it will likely be for T. Harris, A.G-Alexander and a future 2nd round pick. This would seem like a smart move for the Clippers.

If the Heat, it will likely be for Olynyk, Josh Richardson and Miami's 2019 first round pick - top 10 protected. Butler is Pat Riley's kind of guy. And Riley isn't going to be content with the status quo or going all in on a rebuild. Riley would likely conclude that a team built around Butler, Dragic and Whiteside - supplemented by Waiters, Johnson, Bam and Wade and coached by Spol, could compete with Philly and Boston in the East.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:I suspect the Wolves will end up dealing Butler to the Clippers or Heat.

If the Clippers, it will likely be for T. Harris, A.G-Alexander and a future 2nd round pick. This would seem like a smart move for the Clippers.

If the Heat, it will likely be for Olynyk, Josh Richardson and Miami's 2019 first round pick - top 10 protected. Butler is Pat Riley's kind of guy. And Riley isn't going to be content with the status quo or going all in on a rebuild. Riley would likely conclude that a team built around Butler, Dragic and Whiteside - supplemented by Waiters, Johnson, Bam and Wade and coached by Spol, could compete with Philly and Boston in the East.

Waiters injury status might make Riley even more interested in going after Butler.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

lipoli390 wrote:I suspect the Wolves will end up dealing Butler to the Clippers or Heat.

I highly doubt a clippers trade. West runs that show now. He traded Griffen anf let DJ go. Then hand-picked alexander and robinson
He's not making a short-sighted run to fail a competition vs the Warriors.

I also don't want to have to max harris after the season or lose him for nothing.

I know we have to take back salary, but olynyk? No. I'd honestly rather make Jimmy feel like shit for piling on this shit-show and sit him all year and let him walk.

Yes, I'm a vindictive, piece of shit person.

All young players with team control/picks for me.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycu79te6
Butler, Dieng for Otto Porter and J. Smith (salary filler) and lottery protected first.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8wl4vet
Covington, Smith or Korkmaz and salary filler (Bayless 1 year) and lottery protected first.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9wzs9oj

Butler, Dieng and Taj for Richardson, Whiteside, Olynyk
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Its nearly impossible to make any (realistic) Lakers trade work without adding a third team. If they kept Deng on the books, it could have worked. The only one I could get to work was Lakers giving up Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and Hart. Magic would be run out of town if he made that trade.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Rockets are rumored suitor but I see no appealing deal they could make. They won't trade Capela and Gordon and PJ Tucker is what would be offered and that's a hard pass for me.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

The @wojespn bomb is in. Jimmy Butler's list of candidate trade teams include Brooklyn, Detroit, Houston, the LA Clippers, Miami, Philadelphia, and Portland. Seems like it's only a matter of minimal time at this point.

Detroit-probably Reggie Jackson would be involved- I can't see anything good there.
Brooklyn-have no idea and I really don't like anyone that much there. RHJ nice but not great.
Houston-Gordon (too old and product of system) and draft picks are nearly worthless-hard pass
Philly-YES Please if Covington included
Portland-Maybe if McCollum included otherwise hard pass
Miami-Not my favorite trade partner, but Richardson, Whiteside, Olynyk deal would be interesting. If we could add Spoelstra for Thibs this would be my favorite one.
Clippers-Harris, SGA and Gortat for Jimmy and Dieng: Its questionable whether Clippers include SGA and if not, I see this as ok, but not great.