Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

The other thing about Butler's fit with Denver is that they run their offense through Jokic with a ton of motion, hand off action, cutting, etc. That's like the opposite of Butler's game, who seems to prefer having the ball in his hands and isolating. Defensively he'd give them a big lift though. Wing defense has not been their strong suit.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:The other thing about Butler's fit with Denver is that they run their offense through Jokic with a ton of motion, hand off action, cutting, etc. That's like the opposite of Butler's game, who seems to prefer having the ball in his hands and isolating. Defensively he'd give them a big lift though. Wing defense has not been their strong suit.

And remember they dealt away Wilson Chandler. People keep saying the Nuggets got better always have me scratching my head a bit. IT somewhat healthy sounds good but...that's not a sure thing. Yeah a healthy Millsap makes them better but they moved some vets that could play for basically nothing. Another thing to consider for the. Uggets going forward is they drafted Porter Jr. I'm not sure what position they consider his future but if it's SF that makes them less likely to want to deal a good young player for Butler.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

It would be fun hearing about butler and it alienating the young players on that roster.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
Q12543 wrote:The other thing about Butler's fit with Denver is that they run their offense through Jokic with a ton of motion, hand off action, cutting, etc. That's like the opposite of Butler's game, who seems to prefer having the ball in his hands and isolating. Defensively he'd give them a big lift though. Wing defense has not been their strong suit.

And remember they dealt away Wilson Chandler. People keep saying the Nuggets got better always have me scratching my head a bit. IT somewhat healthy sounds good but...that's not a sure thing. Yeah a healthy Millsap makes them better but they moved some vets that could play for basically nothing. Another thing to consider for the. Uggets going forward is they drafted Porter Jr. I'm not sure what position they consider his future but if it's SF that makes them less likely to want to deal a good young player for Butler.

Getting Wilson Chandler out of the starting lineup should not be considered a negative.

Having Milsap for more than 1/2 a season is a positive.
Having a backcourt that has improved every season (with no reason to think they would suddenly stop improving) is a a positive.
Nokic is still improving.

Personally, I thought the Nuggets were going to be better than the Wolves even if Butler was here. Nokic + Milsap + Murray + Harris... those are four good to very good players. And potential/probability to be even more for three of them.

Guys like Thomas are flyers. They're filler. All signs point to that team on the way up.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Getting Wilson Chandler out of the starting lineup should not be considered a negative.

Having Milsap for more than 1/2 a season is a positive.
Having a backcourt that has improved every season (with no reason to think they would suddenly stop improving) is a a positive.
Nokic is still improving.

Personally, I thought the Nuggets were going to be better than the Wolves even if Butler was here. Nokic + Milsap + Murray + Harris... those are four good to very good players. And potential/probability to be even more for three of them.

Guys like Thomas are flyers. They're filler. All signs point to that team on the way up.

Agreeance
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

There is no way the Nuggets will trade Jokic or Murray in any deal for Butler and I doubt they'd trade Harris. I just don't see Denver having any interest in Butler.

I see two only two teams right now with realistic potential for a win-win Butler deal. One is Miami with Richardson as the centerpiece, the other the Sixers with Covington or Saric as the centerpiece. We've already seen reports from reliable reporters that Miami is very interested. While we haven't seen any similar reports about the Sixers, I'm convinced that they would be interested. As I've indicated before, the Sixers interest in KL earlier this summer tells us they'd like to add a player like Butler.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Josh Richardson just isn't a player I'd trade my best player for. I'm sorry, but I think people are putting too much hype there. That's the best singular piece Miami can offer and it's not all that attractive, in my opinion. And on top of that, they're reportedly holding him out of trade offers, which is a simple tactic in order to boost his value when they do in fact include him in offers.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Camden wrote:Josh Richardson just isn't a player I'd trade my best player for. I'm sorry, but I think people are putting too much hype there. That's the best singular piece Miami can offer and it's not all that attractive, in my opinion. And on top of that, they're reportedly holding him out of trade offers, which is a simple tactic in order to boost his value when they do in fact include him in offers.

Yet you would do a Covington or Russell deal (+ other assets of course)? I think Richardson is a better fit than either of those guys. Covington is an elite defender but is very reliant on others for his offense. Russell is a flake and just isn't that good, even though he has some skills. Richardson seems like a nice blend of ball handling, defense, and outside shooting. He's not elite at anything, but he is a plus level two way wing on a very good contract.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Three team deal with Raptors and Kings.

MN: OG Anunoby, Serge Ibaka, WCS

Toronto: Butler

Kings: Dieng, Toronto 1st
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

TheFuture wrote:Three team deal with Raptors and Kings.

MN: OG Anunoby, Serge Ibaka, WCS

Toronto: Butler

Kings: Dieng, Toronto 1st

That's pretty creative. I like it.