Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by Lipoli390 »

KG4Ever wrote:I'm on board with a Jaylen Brown for Butler deal and I'd be ok with a Hayward deal too, but prefer Brown as he is younger and plays much better defense.

The only scenario I could come up with to get Jaylen Brown that's remotely realistic with matching salaries would be Butler and Taj for Horford and Brown. I'd also want to get the Memphis pick as part of the deal as well. Why would Boston do this? Because Butler is a big upgrade over Brown for winning now and Boston is currently a title contender. Taj isn't as good as Horford, but he would be solid. And again, getting Butler also enhances Boston's chances of keeping Kyrie next summer. Butler, Tatum, Hayward, Kyrie, Taj and Smart would be a heck of a core for Boston. And they'd still have the Kings first round pick as well as their own first rounder next summer.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

Lip, I know this is all speculation at this point as nobody knows what the market is going to look like for Butler at this stage. But with that said there is zero chance Ainge deals for butler, especially isn't giving up any valuable draft assists. Heyward's Health is arguably better then Butler's when you figure in his age. Ainge knows better, Ainge is smart enough to know signing Butler to a 200 million deal is absolutely dumb, him and Kyrie both signed to 200 million deals would be catastrophic. We won't get Alexander from the Clips or Knox from the Knicks.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

KiwiMatt wrote:Clippers receive - J Butler

T Wolves receive - Tobias Harris, Patrick Beverley, DeMarre Carrol and future 1st round pick (top 10 protected from LAC).

Nets receive - Jeff Teague

Good deal for the Wolves, but doesn't seem realistic to me because I don't see the Nets doing that deal. Also, the Clippers traded their 2019 first rounder, so the best we could do would be the Clippers 2021 pick.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

Ainge and the Celtics are in the perfect position to wait out the warriors, and win at a high level at the same time. What in the last 4 years gives you any indication that Ainge is going to trade young, cheap, high upside players to get older more expensive players??

The most likely deal right now will be Mo Williams, T. Harris and some protected pick.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

lipoli390 wrote:

T Wolves receive - Tobias Harris, Patrick Beverley, DeMarre Carrol and future 1st round pick (top 10 protected from LAC).

Good deal for the Wolves, but doesn't seem realistic to me because I don't see the Nets doing that deal. Also, the Clippers traded their 2019 first rounder, so the best we could do would be the Clippers 2021 pick.

Why do the Nets want Teague?
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

How about the grizzlies.

Grizz get Butler and Dieng.

A starting SF that plays grit and grind and a back up C for Gasol.

Wolves get Parsons, Jackson, and a future first.

Wolves get someone to play SF (that can play when healthy), get the future PF to play behind TAJ, and a pick. We get some salary because of Chandler, but we also unload Diengs deal.

Teague/Tyus
Wiggs/Rose/Okogie
Parsons/Deng/Nunnally
Taj/jackson
KAT/Noah

I think we can still fight for a playoff spot with this line up and we look hella good for the future.

Tyus or teague
Okogie
Wiggs
Jackson
KAT

4 guys would still be under 25 next season when all the ex bulls expire and we'd have 40 mill in expiring with parsons and teague.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Duke13 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

Because Teague is a good player.....
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

S
KiwiMatt wrote:
Duke13 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

Teague is just an average starting point guard and he's overpaid and old. Agewise and capwise, he's a poor fit for a young Nets roster.
Mr. Brightside [enjin:16464947]

Post by Mr. Brightside [enjin:16464947] »

Butler and Dieng to Washington for Otto Porter and Jason Smith

Butler and Dieng to the Clippers for Tobias Harris and Danilo Gallinari

Any Butler deal has to have Dieng involved as well. If that means we don't get a pick back, that's fine.
Monster

Post by Monster »

KiwiMatt wrote:
Duke13 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

Teague is a good player. They already have 2 PGs in Dinwiddie and Russell plus Lavert is a guy that can do some playmaking. All these guys can playoff the ball but Teague makes no sense.

Personally I think Russell is an interesting guy to take a chance on (I think he could be a SG). The Nets have a pick from the Nuggets they could add. That might not be a great pick but it's still a future asset. RHJ could be a nice get as well. Those guys the Nets might be willing to let go since they would have to decide after this season whether or not they are going to pay them. Some of us here like Musa so that could be a guy worth considering getting back in a deal as well. Again I wouldn't hate getting Crabbe back in a deal I think he could actually be useful but his salary (the player option for next year) makes him a negative.