Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by Monster »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Camden wrote:I'm sure practically everyone that's been on this forum for a couple years knows that khans and I have a history of getting into heated debates here, but khans does tend to consistently have solid points -- right or wrong -- and plenty of supporting data to back himself up, which is completely respectable. He adds plenty of value to the overall direction of most topics and I feel confident that he knows the game of basketball as well as the overall landscape of the NBA.

Now, take all of what I just said and try to apply it to Jason and you will come up empty. Whether it's a half-assed rebuttal, a weirdly incorrect stance [like Eric Gordon not being a good 3P-shooter] or making up past opinions of the opposing poster in an attempt to gain SOME credibility, you never know what you're going to get with this guy. His activity here is as eradic his basketball takes. Not to mention the uncalled-for passive aggressive insults within the majority of his comments. I could do without another exchange with him and I'm confident that I'm not the only one here that feels that way.

Paint me as the bad guy and argue that I'm attacking someone. That's fine with me. I'll end with this, though. One of the two posters involved in that recent Eric Gordon debate had sound reasoning and a past of being right about some things, and the other person is Jason -- all over the place.

Ok. Let's pump the brakes here. Some guy accuses anyone who disagrees with him as "bitching". I go at him, tell him he 100% full of crap and nowhere near that important, and you chose to...back him up?

As far as I know, you and I are complete strangers. Therefore, there is NOTHING I could have done to make it so you would agree with someone who accuses you of "bitching". If there is, and I feel it's worthy of an apology, I will. Otherwise grow some pride.

"Otherwise grow some pride"

Jason these kinds of statements come across as insults.

Sorry. This whole thing set me off. It's more important to come at me than someone who says you're bitching? I don't get it.

I don't have the numbers in front of me...(ok that's a bad joke) but quite a few of your posts have stuff like I quoted. It can get under people's skin. I'm thinking you are partly trying to be funny. I'd say maybe keep the quirky humor directed more at players organizations situations other than fellow posters. If you feel someone is going at you say "hey man what's the deal I feel attacked" or whatever. That's advice we can all benefit from. I'm trying to be helpful. I think you have some amusing takes (in a good way).
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Jason, Khans can be a bit ornery. We all know that. But he's been a regular poster and generally can make a good argument, even ones I disagree with.

This board is mostly long-time, loyal fans formerly of the ESPN board (as you know). I think most of us have outgrown petty and juvenile insults, not to say there still aren't spats from time to time. Meanwhile, your schtick is the same now as it was 5+ years ago. I will speak for myself, but what you might think of as clever little digs and "going at people" actually comes across pretty lame and immature.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Camden wrote:I'm sure practically everyone that's been on this forum for a couple years knows that khans and I have a history of getting into heated debates here, but khans does tend to consistently have solid points -- right or wrong -- and plenty of supporting data to back himself up, which is completely respectable. He adds plenty of value to the overall direction of most topics and I feel confident that he knows the game of basketball as well as the overall landscape of the NBA.

Now, take all of what I just said and try to apply it to Jason and you will come up empty. Whether it's a half-assed rebuttal, a weirdly incorrect stance [like Eric Gordon not being a good 3P-shooter] or making up past opinions of the opposing poster in an attempt to gain SOME credibility, you never know what you're going to get with this guy. His activity here is as eradic his basketball takes. Not to mention the uncalled-for passive aggressive insults within the majority of his comments. I could do without another exchange with him and I'm confident that I'm not the only one here that feels that way.

Paint me as the bad guy and argue that I'm attacking someone. That's fine with me. I'll end with this, though. One of the two posters involved in that recent Eric Gordon debate had sound reasoning and a past of being right about some things, and the other person is Jason -- all over the place.

Ok. Let's pump the brakes here. Some guy accuses anyone who disagrees with him as "bitching". I go at him, tell him he 100% full of crap and nowhere near that important, and you chose to...back him up?

As far as I know, you and I are complete strangers. Therefore, there is NOTHING I could have done to make it so you would agree with someone who accuses you of "bitching". If there is, and I feel it's worthy of an apology, I will. Otherwise grow some pride.

Sorry. This whole thing set me off. It's more important to come at me than someone who says you're bitching? I don't get it.

I don't have the numbers in front of me...(ok that's a bad joke) but quite a few of your posts have stuff like I quoted. It can get under people's skin. I'm thinking you are partly trying to be funny. I'd say maybe keep the quirky humor directed more at players organizations situations other than fellow posters. If you feel someone is going at you say "hey man what's the deal I feel attacked" or whatever. That's advice we can all benefit from. I'm trying to be helpful. I think you have some amusing takes (in a good way).

I'm not mad at you. I think you're the best guy on this board (no offense to anyone else). But a statement like the one Khans made is throwing down the Gauntlet. And he didn't qualify it. So anyone whose ever disagreed with him (and if you haven't: WOW) needs to address that and not me. Because if that's a thing, we're all done here. We might as well start reading all the books we bought off of Amazon and haven't got around to yet.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Q12543 wrote:Jason, Khans can be a bit ornery. We all know that. But he's been a regular poster and generally can make a good argument, even ones I disagree with.

This board is mostly long-time, loyal fans formerly of the ESPN board (as you know). I think most of us have outgrown petty and juvenile insults, not to say there still aren't spats from time to time. Meanwhile, your schtick is the same now as it was 5+ years ago. I will speak for myself, but what you might think of as clever little digs and "going at people" actually comes across pretty lame and immature.

If "schtick" is having an idea of how to build a good NBA and not wanting to unfairly confronted, then it's schtick.

I hope you don't take (too much) offense at this: I find what you said very high school. Khans is a part of the Clique, Jason isn't, so he gets to call us that. There's nothing impressive about that guy, and I'm not seeing ANY evidence of evolution. Seriously, he's been trumpeting Gordon since, what, '09, one time suggesting he was so clearly awesome that MIN should go get him while he was injured. And then thinking "no way" is "bitching"? Sorry.

Another thing you don't know about me, and there's no reason why you would: I'm a decent sized guy. People just don't address me the way some people on here do IRL. They certainly don't suggest disagreeing is "bitching". At least they don't for long. Like I said to Monster, I think this is a real turning point. I just wish it was over someone better than Eric Gordon.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I started this thread a while back and it has clearly outlived it useful life. So I'll started another one soon as a restart.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

This t
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Jason, Khans can be a bit ornery. We all know that. But he's been a regular poster and generally can make a good argument, even ones I disagree with.

If "schtick" is having an idea of how to build a good NBA and not wanting to unfairly confronted, then it's schtick.

I hope you don't take (too much) offense at this: I find what you said very high school. Khans is a part of the Clique, Jason isn't, so he gets to call us that. There's nothing impressive about that guy, and I'm not seeing ANY evidence of evolution. Seriously, he's been trumpeting Gordon since, what, '09, one time suggesting he was so clearly awesome that MIN should go get him while he was injured. And then thinking "no way" is "bitching"? Sorry.

Another thing you don't know about me, and there's no reason why you would: I'm a decent sized guy. People just don't address me the way some people on here do IRL. They certainly don't suggest disagreeing is "bitching". At least they don't for long. Like I said to Monster, I think this is a real turning point. I just wish it was over someone better than Eric Gordon.

I'm not afraid of Jason.

I'm 88.4% certain I could beat him up.
MikkeMan

Post by MikkeMan »

monsterpile wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:In theory gordon provides what we need. But, i just don't think he will get those looks with teague as the pg and thibs' archaic offense.

At least with richardson, he has some ability to create his own shot.

Otto is the other guy i like, but that guy is spoonfed a lot of his looks and he isnt looking too hot when having to look for his offense. However, all the other things he does for the team is worth it in my books (better if we had a rubio type as our starting pg).

I do think we should give wiggs a little more offense to create, especially his drive and kick game; its the only pass i think he's pretty good at along with feeding the post.

I think Gordon is a better shot creator than you give him credit for. I mean if you are gonna compare him to Josh Richardson...Gordon scored 16ppg as a 20 year old rookie. Yeah Gordon isn't as athletic as he once was but he isn't just some guy that just stands around waiting to get the ball and jack up a 3. As good as Harden and Chris Paul are the guy averaged 18ppg last year.

Monster, I agree that Gordon is much better shot creator than people here are giving him credit. He is not just a product of Harden's passing. I feel pretty confident that Gordon could be volume three point shooter also with Wolves. He has shot much more pull-up three pointers than Porter or Richardson. In 16-17 season Gordon averaged 2.0 pull-up three point attempts per game and shot them 38% accuracy. Last season he wasn't as effective but volume was even higher. He shot 2.9 pull-up 3PA/gm with 30% accuracy.

In comparison only Teague shot more than 2 pull-up three point attempts per game from Wolves squad last season. And both Porter and Richardson had less than 0.5 pull-up three pointers per game, so they are much more dependent on someone to create catch and shoot three pointers for them, which make me worried that they wouldn't improve our three point shooting that much since we don't have players that are able to create good looks for them.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Just had a random thought. Lets say Miami caves on our demands and offers Richardson, Bam, Whiteside and a rfp for Butler and Dieng...but they like we they see in Okogie and demand him as well. Okogie has been one of the few bright spots this year and fun to watch, would he be a sticking point for everyone not to get a deal like this completed?
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

rapsuperstar31 wrote:Just had a random thought. Lets say Miami caves on our demands and offers Richardson, Bam, Whiteside and a rfp for Butler and Dieng...but they like we they see in Okogie and demand him as well. Okogie has been one of the few bright spots this year and fun to watch, would he be a sticking point for everyone not to get a deal like this completed?

Its a nonstarter to include okogie.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

I'm not mad at you. I think you're the best guy on this board (no offense to anyone else). But a statement like the one Khans made is throwing down the Gauntlet. And he didn't qualify it. So anyone whose ever disagreed with him (and if you haven't: WOW) needs to address that and not me. Because if that's a thing, we're all done here. We might as well start reading all the books we bought off of Amazon and haven't got around to yet.

You seem to be blowing the bitching comment way out of proportion as an assault on this board for having any disagreements with me. That's simply not the case and is a projection you are making as my intention when it just wasn't. Sorry you took it way further than it was intended, but I can't control that. I didn't blanket accuse the whole board of bitching. I specifically said it about the people who both ripped Thibs to shreds for two summers for not getting 3pt shooting and then who proceeded to declare the Gordon trade a disaster if made. That's a small group on this board, not the whole board as you seem to think.