Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

TheGrey08 wrote:I really hope the dump Dieng chatter stops. He's a little overpaid, but he is absolutely not a negative contract. Giving up a 1st just to unload him would be the absolute dumbest thing they could do in a Butler deal. Get the extra pick and keep him. Worst case, down the road if you absolutely need to unload his salary, you still have the extra pick to help do so.

Unless the talent coming back for Butler blows them away, the asking price should be 1 good youngish player, and 2 to 3 other solid/good assets like 2 #1s and another solid piece. Richardson, Bam and 2 picks would be a pretty damn good deal imo. All 4 of those assets are also tradeable down the line too. Picks swaps and 2nds are not a bad idea either (especially if that 2nd 1st is a no go).

People are remembering how bad Dieng was last year (and he was). He's off to a good start, and if he keeps it up, he valuable.

monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
crazysauce wrote:https://fastbreakdaily.com/2018/10/27/timberwolves-heat-resume-talks/

Heat have new offer. Looks like its Richardson Bam and a 1st. And trying to get third team to take dieng.

As you know, that's the deal I've always wanted. But that deal wouldn't work under he salary match requirements. The Wolves or a third team would have to take Waiters, Olynyk, James Johnson, Tyler Johnson, Whiteside or Dragic. Obviously, the Heat won't trade Whiteside if they're trading Whiteside. Nor would they trade Dragic, a key piece to the the short-term success they're seeking in trading for Butler. So it would be Waiters, one of the Johnsons or Olynyk.

One deal that would work would be the following:

Wolves Get: Richardson, Adebayo, Waiters & Miami's 2019 first
Miami Gets: Butler & McLemore
Kings Get: Gorgui.

The salaries would work. But the problems is this. What incentive would the Kings have to take Gorgui? I would think he Kings (or any third team) would have to get a pick and I would hope it would not be Miami's 2019 pick. Maybe it would be Miami's 2019 second round pick, which the Wolves own. Or perhaps it would be Miami's 2023 first rounder.

Reading through the article crazy sauce posted and then linked articles...I'm not sure if there is a report of what new offer is or Heatwire is suggesting that Bam was in the original offer that fell apart. Regardless that's all the source there is. I'd guess after what happened last time with talks and something getting out...there is a good chance we won't get any more real info until a deal is done when it comes to who is actually in the deal etc. If Bam was or is in the deal like Lip said you still need someone else with a decent salary to be added to make it work. Dieng going to the Kings isn't going to happen. Neither the Heat or the Wolves is going to give up the assets to make that happen. Including Waiters would work but then the Wolves would have to do some things to get under the lux tax which would probably include letting Nunnally go or trading him tona team that wanted him for nothing.

JB for JR/DW keeps them under the lux. Obviously someone would need to be waived. According to Spotrac, LD and JN are non-guaranteed. I think you waive Deng if you can.

The deal that was discussed here was including Bam so that's what we were talking about the different ways to get there.

Deng's deal is fully guaranteed. If you click on his name in sporttrac it tells you it's is. Not sure why they have him with a different color on the salary chart but I see why you thought what you did.

Also it seems like a simple thing to do to make it easier for readers if you could spell out the names of your trade ideas unless there is an obvious exception like KBD. It doesn't take much longer and it simply is a more effective way to communicate what you are trying to say. I'm making a genuine suggestion not knocking you just saying I think it would be helpful.

I don't use initials to save time. I use them to cover up my poor spelling "skills". LOL. Yes, I can use full names. Is Nunally's fully guaranteed as well?
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Apparently, the Wolves are insisting on Eric Gordon as part of the Rockets package for Butler. I have no doubt the Rockets will including Gordon if that what it takes. I think it's sort of pathetic that the Wolves would be coveting Eric Gordon as a key to the deal.

Eric Gordon has played 10 seasons before this one. He's played at 70+ games in only 2 of those 10 seasons. He's played less than 65 games in 6 of those 10 seasons. He will turn 30 in less than 2 months. Oh, and currently through 5 games this season he's shooting 32.5% from the field and 23.1% from behind the arc. And we thought KAT was performing poorly so far this season.

My view is obvious. I'm not thrilled with the 4 picks over 7 years Houston has purportedly offered. But holding out for Eric Gordon and the 2 years left on his $13+ million per year contract would be ridiculous. If the Wolves are looking to drive a hard bargain with Houston, they should insist that all the picks be unprotected and make sure Chriss is part of the package. The Rockets can keep Gordon or maybe we can find a 3rd team that would take Gordon and give us another draft pick or a younger player. But the notion that would insist on getting Gordon is pathetic.

Woj was speculating that the Sixers might get back in mix for Butler and apparently Miami remains interested. I'm hoping something materializes with the Sixers or that we get an improved deal with Miami.

lipoli390 wrote:Apparently, the Wolves are insisting on Eric Gordon as part of the Rockets package for Butler. I have no doubt the Rockets will including Gordon if that what it takes. I think it's sort of pathetic that the Wolves would be coveting Eric Gordon as a key to the deal.

Eric Gordon has played 10 seasons before this one. He's played at 70+ games in only 2 of those 10 seasons. He's played less than 65 games in 6 of those 10 seasons. He will turn 30 in less than 2 months. Oh, and currently through 5 games this season he's shooting 32.5% from the field and 23.1% from behind the arc. And we thought KAT was performing poorly so far this season.

My view is obvious. I'm not thrilled with the 4 picks over 7 years Houston has purportedly offered. But holding out for Eric Gordon and the 2 years left on his $13+ million per year contract would be ridiculous. If the Wolves are looking to drive a hard bargain with Houston, they should insist that all the picks be unprotected and make sure Chriss is part of the package. The Rockets can keep Gordon or maybe we can find a 3rd team that would take Gordon and give us another draft pick or a younger player. But the notion that would insist on getting Gordon is pathetic.

Woj was speculating that the Sixers might get back in mix for Butler and apparently Miami remains interested. I'm hoping something materializes with the Sixers or that we get an improved deal with Miami.

Right now khans is trying to figure out where you live.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Apparently, the Wolves are insisting on Eric Gordon as part of the Rockets package for Butler. I have no doubt the Rockets will including Gordon if that what it takes. I think it's sort of pathetic that the Wolves would be coveting Eric Gordon as a key to the deal.

Lol.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Yeah Lip I think our interest in Gordon is so we can flip him at the trade deadline

lipoli390 wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Lol.

That being said, if the best MIN can do is Knight/Gordon/Chriss/4 unprotected firsts for Butler/Gibson/Patton, then that's what they got to do. JimmyBricks gotta go.
Monster

Post by Monster »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
crazysauce wrote:https://fastbreakdaily.com/2018/10/27/timberwolves-heat-resume-talks/

Heat have new offer. Looks like its Richardson Bam and a 1st. And trying to get third team to take dieng.

As you know, that's the deal I've always wanted. But that deal wouldn't work under he salary match requirements. The Wolves or a third team would have to take Waiters, Olynyk, James Johnson, Tyler Johnson, Whiteside or Dragic. Obviously, the Heat won't trade Whiteside if they're trading Whiteside. Nor would they trade Dragic, a key piece to the the short-term success they're seeking in trading for Butler. So it would be Waiters, one of the Johnsons or Olynyk.

One deal that would work would be the following:

Wolves Get: Richardson, Adebayo, Waiters & Miami's 2019 first
Miami Gets: Butler & McLemore
Kings Get: Gorgui.

The salaries would work. But the problems is this. What incentive would the Kings have to take Gorgui? I would think he Kings (or any third team) would have to get a pick and I would hope it would not be Miami's 2019 pick. Maybe it would be Miami's 2019 second round pick, which the Wolves own. Or perhaps it would be Miami's 2023 first rounder.

Reading through the article crazy sauce posted and then linked articles...I'm not sure if there is a report of what new offer is or Heatwire is suggesting that Bam was in the original offer that fell apart. Regardless that's all the source there is. I'd guess after what happened last time with talks and something getting out...there is a good chance we won't get any more real info until a deal is done when it comes to who is actually in the deal etc. If Bam was or is in the deal like Lip said you still need someone else with a decent salary to be added to make it work. Dieng going to the Kings isn't going to happen. Neither the Heat or the Wolves is going to give up the assets to make that happen. Including Waiters would work but then the Wolves would have to do some things to get under the lux tax which would probably include letting Nunnally go or trading him tona team that wanted him for nothing.

JB for JR/DW keeps them under the lux. Obviously someone would need to be waived. According to Spotrac, LD and JN are non-guaranteed. I think you waive Deng if you can.

The deal that was discussed here was including Bam so that's what we were talking about the different ways to get there.

Deng's deal is fully guaranteed. If you click on his name in sporttrac it tells you it's is. Not sure why they have him with a different color on the salary chart but I see why you thought what you did.

Also it seems like a simple thing to do to make it easier for readers if you could spell out the names of your trade ideas unless there is an obvious exception like KBD. It doesn't take much longer and it simply is a more effective way to communicate what you are trying to say. I'm making a genuine suggestion not knocking you just saying I think it would be helpful.

I don't use initials to save time. I use them to cover up my poor spelling "skills". LOL. Yes, I can use full names. Is Nunally's fully guaranteed as well?

I'm with you on the spelling skills. Lol

Nunnally isn't fully guaranteed. I think it's like 300k but it's also not fully guaranteed for next year and so if he is actually...you know like kinda useful on the court he is the type of guy you would want to keep around cheap but if he is t you can move on as well.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Lip's passion about Eric Gordon is nearly in paralleled. :) If you read or listen to the reports about this Houston offer the Wolves supposedly didn't even do anything when they got it. Woj said the players involved to make it work was fluid. He also has said he thinks Gordon would have to be in the deal. There is no report of any type of counter offer. So it's not like the wolves are demanding Gordon in return basically it sounds like that wasn't enough. Woj on his podcast with Windhorst brought up and discussed a couple time in the last few years teams offered 4 first round picks and that didn't get it done.

monsterpile wrote:Lip's passion about Eric Gordon is nearly in paralleled. :) If you read or listen to the reports about this Houston offer the Wolves supposedly didn't even do anything when they got it. Woj said the players involved to make it work was fluid. He also has said he thinks Gordon would have to be in the deal. There is no report of any type of counter offer. So it's not like the wolves are demanding Gordon in return basically it sounds like that wasn't enough. Woj on his podcast with Windhorst brought up and discussed a couple time in the last few years teams offered 4 first round picks and that didn't get it done.

Well, I've seen one guy's passion about Gordon in the other direction, so I wouldn't say unparalleled.

HOU is getting 36 wing minutes a game, so they are definitely going to want to trade wing minutes back. That's where MIA really hold an advantage. The wings they would trade are actually kind of good, or definitely not embarrassing.