Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheGrey08

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by TheGrey08 »

monsterpile wrote:I have only watched the Clips of Butler's sit down, but...honestly he is putting on a heck of a show. I'm not saying Town sand Wiggins are some great players (Towns will be) but Jimmy is playin people. Ive seen this type of thing where people show up and tell it straight and then go out and do mostly the same stuff they did before that got themselves in trouble again. If you aren't a vet and you don't do what Jimmy wants the way he wants it...thats not good enough for him. but Jimmy is playin people. Ive seen this type of thing where people show up and tell it straight and then go out and do mostly the same stuff they did before that got themselves in trouble again. If you aren't a vet and you don't do what Jimmy wants the way he wants it...thats not good enough for him.

People want Towns and Wiggins to step up and say something? I get where you are coming from. Yeah maybe both are some version of soft but NOOOOOO. You want them to engage with Jimmy Butler and have him humiliate them? Butler seems to be a person that thrives on conflict. I do not think it would be wise to do that if thats not your thing. Do you want them to start ripping on a player like Butler who does play his ass off and became one of the best players in the league even if he is acting like an ass? no. Probably the best thing they can do is keep their mouth shut especially since this franchise still needs to trade him.

Also despite this looking like a dumpster fire....Jimmy did show up and his comments that I saw makes it sound like its done, btu he also said all kinds of stuff about Wiggins and how "he knows him" and how he thinks it could be fixed but he doesn't think it will be. It did leave the door open a little bit...ok not much but idk there could still actually be some leverage salvaged yet. Also like I think I said before this stuff by Jimmy might be something that gets some people going like a Pat Riley.

A team built around Butler is only going to go so far. That might be the same thing with Towns we don't know yet. They need to trade Butler and let things fall where they may.

I'm no Butler apologist and I was ready to see him gone so this crap can be over, but people acting like they know who Butler is, and everything that goes on behind closed doors is a tad ridiculous. None of us have any idea what kind of person he truly is and lets not forget what the media does with things. In that interview he just didn't sound like he was bullshitting or sugarcoating things. I could tell he wasn't saying everything to keep some stuff internally, but he wasn't really bashing any of them. He flat out said he just wants people to call it like it is, be direct, have accountability and to play hard. None of that is too much to ask from a group of teammates IMO. I also found it interesting when he talked about knowing guys and how he watches tape. Guys who watch that much tape clearly give a damn and want their team/teammates to succeed.

As for Towns & Wiggins, I completely agree they should keep quiet (don't add more drama) and just SHOW US (and their teammates) something besides some offense. I have zero problem with a hard nosed vet like Butler (who completely fits Thibs style of coaching from everything we've heard I might add) being direct and calling shit out when he sees it. He even said in the interview that's what he expects of anyone of his teammates when he does something wrong.

If KAT and Wiggins continue the lackadaisical defensive effort this team is going nowhere. We've heard it time and time again, they have the talent and ability to be GREAT players who play good defense, but they just aren't putting in the effort to do so. It's no surprise it bothers a player like Butler.

All these details tell me he truly does care, wants his teammates to fulfill their potential and to win.

EDIT: I also meant to mention that it was also reported that many including the vets on the team thought it was the best practice this season and what Butler brought to practice was a good thing. That to me is telling.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

KiwiMatt wrote:Both Josh Richardson and Bam Adebayo have big games for the Heat today:

Richardson = 25 points on 9-16 (4-7 from 3), 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Solid.

Adebayo = 26 points on 11-17, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 blocks and 3 steals. Woah!

Yes it's only preseason but surely this bumps up there value and give Miami a bit of leverage at bargaining table.

Wow, that trumps anything Jimmy's done this preseason. I'll take those two guys and call it a day.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Butler is a great basketball player and capable of helping teams win. But he doesn't want to do it in Minnesota so he can fuck off. Splitting hairs about whether he is a top-20 or top10 player doesn't really matter. There are definitely issues about his durability and chemistry approach and yes that can negatively affect winning. But I can't see how on the court he becomes a net minus for a team if he is capable of going. Even if he is calling for his own number at the end of games when he is incapable of getting a good look.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

thedoper wrote:Butler is a great basketball player and capable of helping teams win. But he doesn't want to do it in Minnesota so he can fuck off. Splitting hairs about whether he is a top-20 or top10 player doesn't really matter. There are definitely issues about his durability and chemistry approach and yes that can negatively affect winning. But I can't see how on the court he becomes a net minus for a team if he is capable of going. Even if he is calling for his own number at the end of games when he is incapable of getting a good look.

No one (I don't think) is saying he's a net minus on the court. But he's a terrible teammate and he isn't always available when you need him. I'll say it 100 times.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
thedoper wrote:Butler is a great basketball player and capable of helping teams win. But he doesn't want to do it in Minnesota so he can fuck off. Splitting hairs about whether he is a top-20 or top10 player doesn't really matter. There are definitely issues about his durability and chemistry approach and yes that can negatively affect winning. But I can't see how on the court he becomes a net minus for a team if he is capable of going. Even if he is calling for his own number at the end of games when he is incapable of getting a good look.

No one (I don't think) is saying he's a net minus on the court. But he's a terrible teammate and he isn't always available when you need him. I'll say it 100 times.

I think in today's nba you can still be a lousy teammate and be a top 20 player. Because unlike years past, you're not forced to be a good teammate. You can just keep moving until you find a situation that suits you. I'm sure Jimmy will end up finding some moderate to good success and will influence more players to act like idiots behind him.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

TheSP wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Camden wrote:- Andrew Wiggins is absolutely a bust as far as top overall picks go. He is not a franchise player nor is he even an above average NBA player. Point blank, period.
Why do you always have to look through the lens of his draft position? Other than that i refuse to get in an argument with you over Wiggins
- You can underrate Jimmy Butler all you want to, but the main difference between a 30-win team and contending for the third-seed in the Western Conference last year was the guy from Tomball. His impact is real on both ends of the court and the numbers illustrate this. The guy is a top-10 player in a star-studded league. That's just the truth of it.

You're a beauty. Contending for the 3rd seed, hahahahaha. We made the playoffs by winning the last game of the season in OT. And you know why? Because Butler got hurt like he always does. No availability means less ability. That's the truth. Top 10? Please.

We were 2 games from the 3 seed. We were the clear cut 3rd best team in the West when Jimmy was in the lineup beating everyone below us in the standings contending with us. It's just flat out ignorant to downplay Jimmy's impact and how good we were with him in the lineup. 60% winning percentage with him (3rd best in the conference) and 47% without him (9th or 10th best). It's fine to hate the guy for what he's pulling, but it's absolute bullshit to use the play-in game playoff berth as a reason Jimmy isn't a top 10-15 player. He handled his business on the court and the winning percentage reflects the impact of a top 10-15 player. Add in the fact that this team looks fucking pathetic without him so far this year and it's pretty clear his impact will be missed on this team.

Don't you think this goes well beyond just Jimmy? I think the key young players have quit of Thibs as he's every bit as intense as Jimmy and they clearly don't like being pushed, at least not to my eyes.

If the young guys have quit at all then they need to check themselves at the door. You don't get to quit on the team that's paying you 30 million dollars and get a pass because your coach and teammate are pricks. If they've quit then you should just ship them out because that's bullshit to do when you are 22-23 and that's your first reaction when you've been challenged to be better professionals.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Video of practice

https://twitter.com/BdotAdot5/status/1050136343672582144?s=19

Well kind of
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheGrey08 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:I have only watched the Clips of Butler's sit down, but...honestly he is putting on a heck of a show. I'm not saying Town sand Wiggins are some great players (Towns will be) but Jimmy is playin people. Ive seen this type of thing where people show up and tell it straight and then go out and do mostly the same stuff they did before that got themselves in trouble again. If you aren't a vet and you don't do what Jimmy wants the way he wants it...thats not good enough for him. but Jimmy is playin people. Ive seen this type of thing where people show up and tell it straight and then go out and do mostly the same stuff they did before that got themselves in trouble again. If you aren't a vet and you don't do what Jimmy wants the way he wants it...thats not good enough for him.

People want Towns and Wiggins to step up and say something? I get where you are coming from. Yeah maybe both are some version of soft but NOOOOOO. You want them to engage with Jimmy Butler and have him humiliate them? Butler seems to be a person that thrives on conflict. I do not think it would be wise to do that if thats not your thing. Do you want them to start ripping on a player like Butler who does play his ass off and became one of the best players in the league even if he is acting like an ass? no. Probably the best thing they can do is keep their mouth shut especially since this franchise still needs to trade him.

Also despite this looking like a dumpster fire....Jimmy did show up and his comments that I saw makes it sound like its done, btu he also said all kinds of stuff about Wiggins and how "he knows him" and how he thinks it could be fixed but he doesn't think it will be. It did leave the door open a little bit...ok not much but idk there could still actually be some leverage salvaged yet. Also like I think I said before this stuff by Jimmy might be something that gets some people going like a Pat Riley.

A team built around Butler is only going to go so far. That might be the same thing with Towns we don't know yet. They need to trade Butler and let things fall where they may.

I'm no Butler apologist and I was ready to see him gone so this crap can be over, but people acting like they know who Butler is, and everything that goes on behind closed doors is a tad ridiculous. None of us have any idea what kind of person he truly is and lets not forget what the media does with things. In that interview he just didn't sound like he was bullshitting or sugarcoating things. I could tell he wasn't saying everything to keep some stuff internally, but he wasn't really bashing any of them. He flat out said he just wants people to call it like it is, be direct, have accountability and to play hard. None of that is too much to ask from a group of teammates IMO. I also found it interesting when he talked about knowing guys and how he watches tape. Guys who watch that much tape clearly give a damn and want their team/teammates to succeed.

As for Towns & Wiggins, I completely agree they should keep quiet (don't add more drama) and just SHOW US (and their teammates) something besides some offense. I have zero problem with a hard nosed vet like Butler (who completely fits Thibs style of coaching from everything we've heard I might add) being direct and calling shit out when he sees it. He even said in the interview that's what he expects of anyone of his teammates when he does something wrong.

If KAT and Wiggins continue the lackadaisical defensive effort this team is going nowhere. We've heard it time and time again, they have the talent and ability to be GREAT players who play good defense, but they just aren't putting in the effort to do so. It's no surprise it bothers a player like Butler.

All these details tell me he truly does care, wants his teammates to fulfill their potential and to win.

EDIT: I also meant to mention that it was also reported that many including the vets on the team thought it was the best practice this season and what Butler brought to practice was a good thing. That to me is telling.

The problem I have with Butler's truth telling was it was absolutely set up. This was completely premeditated and he admits twice in this interview it wasn't how he should have handled it and "I can't help it" but it's cause he loves the game so much and ah shucks... my perspective is that's minipalative BS. I'm not saying that a lot of what Butler said isn't true it probably is but I think there is BS there also. This guy seemed to have his mind made up and that doesn't reflect well on Thibs. It makes me wonder if Wiggins and Towns don't have as much of a beef with Butler as we thought it was more Butler being done with those guys. Do I think they liked Butler? Probably not but I think Jimmy is the guy that doesn't want to be here.

Another ridiculous narrative that's being put out there is that the Wolves didn't pay Jimmy and paid Towns. If have heard ZERO reports that the Wolves weren't willing to pay him his 5 years 190million. It seems like he wanted them to move heaven and earth which would include paying a bit of assets dumping Dieng and Teague who he is also friends with. That's such BS and why it gets really frustrating watching some of these media types.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

khans2k5 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Camden wrote:- Andrew Wiggins is absolutely a bust as far as top overall picks go. He is not a franchise player nor is he even an above average NBA player. Point blank, period.
Why do you always have to look through the lens of his draft position? Other than that i refuse to get in an argument with you over Wiggins
- You can underrate Jimmy Butler all you want to, but the main difference between a 30-win team and contending for the third-seed in the Western Conference last year was the guy from Tomball. His impact is real on both ends of the court and the numbers illustrate this. The guy is a top-10 player in a star-studded league. That's just the truth of it.

You're a beauty. Contending for the 3rd seed, hahahahaha. We made the playoffs by winning the last game of the season in OT. And you know why? Because Butler got hurt like he always does. No availability means less ability. That's the truth. Top 10? Please.

We were 2 games from the 3 seed. We were the clear cut 3rd best team in the West when Jimmy was in the lineup beating everyone below us in the standings contending with us. It's just flat out ignorant to downplay Jimmy's impact and how good we were with him in the lineup. 60% winning percentage with him (3rd best in the conference) and 47% without him (9th or 10th best). It's fine to hate the guy for what he's pulling, but it's absolute bullshit to use the play-in game playoff berth as a reason Jimmy isn't a top 10-15 player. He handled his business on the court and the winning percentage reflects the impact of a top 10-15 player. Add in the fact that this team looks fucking pathetic without him so far this year and it's pretty clear his impact will be missed on this team.

Don't you think this goes well beyond just Jimmy? I think the key young players have quit of Thibs as he's every bit as intense as Jimmy and they clearly don't like being pushed, at least not to my eyes.

If the young guys have quit at all then they need to check themselves at the door. You don't get to quit on the team that's paying you 30 million dollars and get a pass because your coach and teammate are pricks. If they've quit then you should just ship them out because that's bullshit to do when you are 22-23 and that's your first reaction when you've been challenged to be better professionals.

So Butler didn't "quit" when he abandoned the team after the playoff loss? If I'm a teammate on that plane, I can't even imagine the anger I would feel.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:

So Butler didn't "quit" when he abandoned the team after the playoff loss? If I'm a teammate on that plane, I can't even imagine the anger I would feel.

How do you quit on the team after the season is already over? He didn't get on a plane for Christ's sake. Oh by the way those same teammates who might have a problem with that didn't even interact with each other this summer at all so don't try to play this he's the bad teammate and they're all dandy. None of them give a shit about each other except for the veterans who actually seem to like Jimmy and not Wiggins and Towns. He hitched his own ride after the season was over. You're just overdramatizing what actually went down. If anyone was actually mad that he didn't take a plane back with them then they need to grow the fuck up. The veterans seem to be fine with Jimmy and actually want him back even after all this shit has gone down. That's what professionals do and how they act. They look past small shit like not riding home with them in the heat of the moment. They show up to work to win games.

If Jimmy was such a bad person and teammate and quit on the team he wouldn't have the support of the coaching staff and his teammates at all and yet there only seem to be 2 who have a problem with him right now. Oh and those 2 just happen to be the spoiled brats not getting their way after they signed 30 million dollar deals. Jimmy and Thibs will be gone soon enough though and you can go back to enjoying a 30 win team run by spoiled brats who have no leadership skills. Just don't come back here bitching about it when it happens.