Windhorst: Towns and Butler pushing for Irving trade

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Windhorst: Towns and Butler pushing for Irving trade

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q12543 wrote:It's easy to say it's silly of him to do this when it's not our money! I'm just saying I think he has every right to have this discussion with Wiggins if it makes him comfortable with handing the kid $150M. I don't blame him.

Yes, it's his money so he has every right to do it. But exercising his right to do it just seems ridiculous to me.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:It's easy to say it's silly of him to do this when it's not our money! I'm just saying I think he has every right to have this discussion with Wiggins if it makes him comfortable with handing the kid $150M. I don't blame him.

Yes, it's his money so he has every right to do it. But exercising his right to do it just seems ridiculous to me.

I bet most owners have a sit down chat of some kind with their players of this level of potential $$$$ all that kind of stuff. The issue might be how Glen put it out there in public about his expectations of Wiggins and his perceived weaknesses or whatever. Ultimately I don't think this matters but to me saying Glen is unique in sitting down and going through expectations with a max level player...seems somewhat unlikely. Glen likes to have relationships with his players and yet like I said my guess is most owners have some sort of chat with their guys before they sign this type of contract. Like Britt and Jon said on the latest podcast when Glen talks sometimes he can be too candid. I don't think this is all that much about Glen being a headliner either I don't think Glen really has much desire to be in the spotlight I think he responds to requests and is often inconsistent in what type of message he delivers and that gets him in trouble.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

I bet most owners have a sit down chat of some kind with their players of this level of potential $$$$ all that kind of stuff. The issue might be how Glen put it out there in public about his expectations of Wiggins and his perceived weaknesses or whatever. Ultimately I don't think this matters but to me saying Glen is unique in sitting down and going through expectations with a max level player...seems somewhat unlikely. Glen likes to have relationships with his players and yet like I said my guess is most owners have some sort of chat with their guys before they sign this type of contract. Like Britt and Jon said on the latest podcast when Glen talks sometimes he can be too candid. I don't think this is all that much about Glen being a headliner either I don't think Glen really has much desire to be in the spotlight I think he responds to requests and is often inconsistent in what type of message he delivers and that gets him in trouble.

Monster - I think you're probably right about what other owners do. And I think you definitely nailed it in your assessment of Glen.
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

Holy crap, have we gotten thin-skinned. Lip, I expect this type of pushback from millennials, but from the old-timers on this board?

With every promotion I have ever received, expectations of the new role (and increased responsibility) were highlighted very clearly from management to myself and my team. Now, these certainly weren't made "public" as is the argument here, but that is directly related to my line of work vs being a public spectacle in the NBA.

I find nothing wrong with anything that has occurred during this communication. If Wiggins is offended by Glen going "public", then Andrew is a complete sissy that has no business in a public position, let alone a franchise cornerstone of what looks to be an up and coming basketball organization. Nothing Glen has said has belittled or made Andrew look bad. He has casually answered questions about where Andrew needs to improve, and has requested to speak to the man face-to-face before giving him $150MM dollars. All of that seems reasonable to me.

And I find it funny and a bit odd that many here are criticizing Glen for asking the questions of Wiggins that ALL of us have made public on this board over the past year. We have ALL criticized Andrew for many things, and now that the owner reitterates many of these same concerns, he is the bad guy? It would be one thing if Glen came out and bad-mouthed Wiggins, but that simply has not been the case from what I have seen. He has made rationale comments about Wiggins the player and what he expects moving forward. It's a simple statement of accountability. Nothing wrong with this.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Woj with some info on where the Cavs, Lebrun and the Irvin's trade talks are at and how they weave together.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20343088/lebron-future-impacts-cavaliers-kyrie-irving-trades
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Hicks123 wrote:Holy crap, have we gotten thin-skinned. Lip, I expect this type of pushback from millennials, but from the old-timers on this board?

With every promotion I have ever received, expectations of the new role (and increased responsibility) were highlighted very clearly from management to myself and my team. Now, these certainly weren't made "public" as is the argument here, but that is directly related to my line of work vs being a public spectacle in the NBA.

I find nothing wrong with anything that has occurred during this communication. If Wiggins is offended by Glen going "public", then Andrew is a complete sissy that has no business in a public position, let alone a franchise cornerstone of what looks to be an up and coming basketball organization. Nothing Glen has said has belittled or made Andrew look bad. He has casually answered questions about where Andrew needs to improve, and has requested to speak to the man face-to-face before giving him $150MM dollars. All of that seems reasonable to me.

And I find it funny and a bit odd that many here are criticizing Glen for asking the questions of Wiggins that ALL of us have made public on this board over the past year. We have ALL criticized Andrew for many things, and now that the owner reitterates many of these same concerns, he is the bad guy? It would be one thing if Glen came out and bad-mouthed Wiggins, but that simply has not been the case from what I have seen. He has made rationale comments about Wiggins the player and what he expects moving forward. It's a simple statement of accountability. Nothing wrong with this.

Not sure what you mean by thin-skinned here, Hicks. I just disagree with the notion that there's any practical benefit to what Glen is doing, especially when announced publicly. I honestly don't have strong feelings about this. You seem a bit defensive over this one. But that's OK.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Wow

"Cavs agree to deal Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and 2018 Nets pick, source told ESPN."

Do you want the Wolves to get in on the likely Kay Felder sweepstakes?
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

monsterpile wrote:Wow

"Cavs agree to deal Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and 2018 Nets pick, source told ESPN."

Do you want the Wolves to get in on the likely Kay Felder sweepstakes?

I'm looking forward to watching Kyrie knock Lebron out of the playoffs next season in teh ECF
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

If he wasn't coming to the Wolves thankfully he at least remained in the east.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

Cleveland got a very nice haul for Irving. Two proven players and a likely top 5 pick. Don't see any team outside of the Suns that could have given a better return.