Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Post by Monster »

Has anyone seen the numbers Greek Freak has put up in his first 3 games?
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:Has anyone seen the numbers Greek Freak has put up in his first 3 games?

I knew he's been putting up great numbers, but I didn't quite fathom how good until looking them up a minute ago. 38.3 points, 9.7 rebounds, 5 assists and 2.7 steals per game. He is indeed a freak!

Watching this guy develop into a future hall-of-famer takes me back to the Wolves 2014 draft. Flip clearly botched that one. Rather than draft McCollum, he traded down for an extra pick. Then with the higher pick he went with Bazz instread of the Greek Freak. He took Gorgui with the extra pick, but then promptly sold our other lower 1st round pick for cash instead of using it to take Rudy Gobert. Enough said.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

https://twitter.com/EBled2/status/922201984211369984

Well then!
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Just so you know... a deal of aldrich and jones and hunt for bledsoe works in the trade machine. Who says no?
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

crazysauce wrote:Just so you know... a deal of aldrich and jones and hunt for bledsoe works in the trade machine. Who says no?

If we could use that as a starting point to flip Bledsoe to another team in a 3 teamer I would do it, but I would say no if it was just him coming here. Bledsoe doesn't fit here. 33% career 3pt shooter. Can't play next to Teague. His contract is up after next year with everyone else's making that an even more difficult offseason. And he quit on his team after 3 games. That's the biggest red flag to me.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

One other deal that would work is dieng for him straight up. Khans i thought he had two years left on his deal? I agree with you a bit on that hes not the best fit. His numbers are eerily very very similar to one jeff teague. Teague actually has been slightly better offensively and more durable. Flipping in a three way and getting something that fits better would be nice. I think he goes to nuggets for mudiay and farried.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

An early season surprise for me is the Grizzlies...now 3-0, including victories over the Warriors and the Rockets. And they're doing it with a roster that just doesn't seem to be at the same level as many other teams. Of the top 7 scorers, only Conley and Evans were first round picks. Every year I think they're done...every year I'm wrong.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:An early season surprise for me is the Grizzlies...now 3-0, including victories over the Warriors and the Rockets. And they're doing it with a roster that just doesn't seem to be at the same level as many other teams. Of the top 7 scorers, only Conley and Evans were first round picks. Every year I think they're done...every year I'm wrong.

And they have been with J Green playing for 4 total minutes this season. It is pretty amazing what they are able to do. They have been able to find some under the radar guys and get something out of them. I'm looking forward to being one of those teams soon.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Dejounte Murray had 16 points 14 rebounds and 6 assists for the Spurs tonight. That's why they're a great franchise. Yes, Pop is a terrific coach and his system's impressive. But they consistently contend because they're great at evaluating talent and get the most of their opportunities, including draft picks. Parker, Manu, Kawai Leonard, Danny Green, Pat Mills and now Murray. None of them top 3 draft picks, most lower first round or 2nd round picks.

My guy, John Collins had 14 points on 6-11 shooting, 11 boards and 1 block in only 18 minutes tonight. Justin Patton better turn out to be really good or I'll never let up on Thibs for passing on Collins. :)
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

lipoli390 wrote:Dejounte Murray had 16 points 14 rebounds and 6 assists for the Spurs tonight. That's why they're a great franchise. Yes, Pop is a terrific coach and his system's impressive. But they consistently contend because they're great at evaluating talent and get the most of their opportunities, including draft picks. Parker, Manu, Kawai Leonard, Danny Green, Pat Mills and now Murray. None of them top 3 draft picks, most lower first round or 2nd round picks.

My guy, John Collins had 14 points on 6-11 shooting, 11 boards and 1 block in only 18 minutes tonight. Justin Patton better turn out to be really good or I'll never let up on Thibs for passing on Collins. :)

Unbelievable. They do this year after year. It just goes to show that you don't need a bundle of lottery picks to be highly competitive. They have had more impactful non-lottery picks in the last 18 years than Minnesota has had impactful lottery picks in their franchise history. Such a contrast!