Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Post by Monster »

If this is the spot to gloat about players after 1 game then how about Dennis Smith Jr with 16 and 10 being the youngest player to have double digit assists in his nba debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKdVEYRd4QI
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

monsterpile wrote:If this is the spot to gloat about players after 1 game then how about Dennis Smith Jr with 16 and 10 being the youngest player to have double digit assists in his nba debut.

That dude is good. He and Dirk already seem to work that pick and pop pretty well.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Markkanen would have been the Wolves pick if not for the Jimmy Butler trade. Last night Markkanen had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 1 block in 33 minutes. Nice start for the rookie in his first NBA game against a really good opponent. With our luck he'll become the next Dirk.

Ugh - I had that guy as a bust, but he has been showing a lot of promise. Will we look back and wonder what a line up of Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Markkanen, and Towns could have done?

How many points would that lineup give up? My question about Markkanen was always the other stuff. I didn't want to draft him but I had faith he would score.

Same here. That's why his 8 boards plus a block were the parts of his stat line that impressed me most. I would have been unhappy if we had drafted Markkenan back in June. But I'm intersted in watching him this season because it will be a measure of our front office's ability to assess talent. So I'm hoping I turn out to be wrong about Markkenan because that would mean Thibs was right about him. Of course, it's far more important for Thibs to be right about Patton. I still think John Collins would have been the better pick. Again, I'm hoping I'm wrong and Thibs was right. :)
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:If this is the spot to gloat about players after 1 game then how about Dennis Smith Jr with 16 and 10 being the youngest player to have double digit assists in his nba debut.

As good a spot as any for gloating after one game. Some on this Board were really high on Smith. I had reservations related to reports about his sporadic lack of intensity. But watching him in Summer League and seeing his stat line from game 1, this might be yet another black mark on my player evaluation record. :)
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Updated ESPN talking points;

1. Lonzo Ball
2. Lavar Ball
3. Lamelo Ball
4. LeBron
5. Warriors
Monster

Post by Monster »

BizarroJerry wrote:Updated ESPN talking points;

1. Lonzo Ball
2. Lavar Ball
3. Lamelo Ball
4. LeBron
5. Warriors

Lol thanks for the update
Monster

Post by Monster »

So apparently CP3 will be out for a few weeks and the Rockets are looking to add a PG.

Meanwhile there is video K Leonard sloooooowly climbing the stairs to get on the plane.

I hope we can stay relatively healthy this year.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Dennis Smith was the guy I wanted. I can imagine just having him as part of the young core. I'm still happy either way.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

BizarroJerry wrote:Updated ESPN talking points;

1. Lonzo Ball
2. Lavar Ball
3. Lamelo Ball
4. LeBron
5. Warriors

Yes, updated indeed. Last week Lavar was #1 and Lonzo was #2.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

I wanted dennis smith as well. I think markkanen will put up meaningless numbers on a terrible bulls team. I wouldnt read too much into it as they will be very bad but someones got to get numbers