Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Re: Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Marco Belinelli got bought out, SIGNED TO the Wolves? Is he better MGH? 3 Point shooter. We need more scoring from the bench.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

We need to go all-in for Belinelli. He'd be a big get for us.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:We need to go all-in for Belinelli. He'd be a big get for us.

Absolutely!! Signing Belinelli would be a great move for the Wolves now. If Thibs passes on Belinelli and signs Rose, then I think it's time for an exorcist because it strongly suggest that Thibs is possessed by David Kahn. :)
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Just read that Jon K said the Wolves are not an option for Belinelli. Not sure whether that means he doesn't want to come here or that Thibs wouldn't be interested. Either way it's troubling. It's really troubling if Thibs isn't interested. But it's almost as bad if Belinelli doesn't want to come here. I guess I'll understand if he ends up with the Warriors, Rockets, Celtics or Raptors. But otherwise, why would he have no interest in coming to the 4th place team in the West unless he can't stand the thought of playing for Thibs. I was told that Hill took himself off the Wolves FA radar immediately last summer, indicating to the organization that he didn't want to play for Thibs.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

lipoli390 wrote:Just read that Jon K said the Wolves are not an option for Belinelli. Not sure whether that means he doesn't want to come here or that Thibs wouldn't be interested. Either way it's troubling. It's really troubling if Thibs isn't interested. But it's almost as bad if Belinelli doesn't want to come here. I guess I'll understand if he ends up with the Warriors, Rockets, Celtics or Raptors. But otherwise, why would he have no interest in coming to the 4th place team in the West unless he can't stand the thought of playing for Thibs. I was told that Hill took himself off the Wolves FA radar immediately last summer, indicating to the organization that he didn't want to play for Thibs.

Apparently Thibs was interested in Belinelli before the trade deadline but didn't want to give up that OKC first-round pick that Atlanta wanted. Good on him. But now he should try and scoop him up.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Jazz win 8th straight game. Snyder gets more out of that team that what you see on paper, agree? I mean, they don't have a single star unless you count Gobert, who has missed half the season.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q12543 wrote:Jazz win 8th straight game. Snyder gets more out of that team that what you see on paper, agree? I mean, they don't have a single star unless you count Gobert, who has missed half the season.

I agree. It's obvious. Imagine what the Wolves would be able to do with a coach like Snyder or Stevens.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Just read that Jon K said the Wolves are not an option for Belinelli. Not sure whether that means he doesn't want to come here or that Thibs wouldn't be interested. Either way it's troubling. It's really troubling if Thibs isn't interested. But it's almost as bad if Belinelli doesn't want to come here. I guess I'll understand if he ends up with the Warriors, Rockets, Celtics or Raptors. But otherwise, why would he have no interest in coming to the 4th place team in the West unless he can't stand the thought of playing for Thibs. I was told that Hill took himself off the Wolves FA radar immediately last summer, indicating to the organization that he didn't want to play for Thibs.

Apparently Thibs was interested in Belinelli before the trade deadline but didn't want to give up that OKC first-round pick that Atlanta wanted. Good on him. But now he should try and scoop him up.

Yes, good for Thibs. I like the way he's resisted giving up our OKC pick. But I thought Jon K was saying the Wolves won't be signing Belinelli as a free agent now. So as much as you and I want Thibs to get him, our most reliable NBA reporter when it comes to the Wolves says that is simply not going to happen. Since Thibs was apparently interested in him, it must mean Belinelli doesn't want to play here.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:

And I wonder why Thibs didn't swap Bazz for Luke Babbit. I find it hard to believe that the Hawks wouldn't do that deal given who they ended up getting for him.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Some other interesting story-lines from last night.

1. The Clippers beat the Pistons in the first matchup between these two times since the Pistons acquired Griffin. Also, Gallo is back and he played well. The Clippers look like they're going to be a playoff team this season. The only question is exactly where among the top 8 they'll end up. Talk about good coaching. This season may be one of Doc's best as a head coach.

2. The Pelicans might be in the free-fall in the aftermath of Cousins' injury. They were beaten soundly by the Sixers last night and had a hard time scoring. The Mirotic acquisition was a good one in my view, but it might not be enough to keep them in the top 8 with the Jazz surging and the Clippers continuing to play well. The Nuggets will only get stronger when Millsap returns.

3. Probably the best (though unwelcome) story-lines from last night was in our own game where Zach LaVine put up 35 points to go with 5 boards and 2 steals to lead the Bulls over the Wolves and Jimmy Butler. And that was without Kris Dunn. I was happy for Zach, but frustrated by what I saw.