Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Re: Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

kekgeek1 wrote:Would you guys take the risk of rubio, kmart and rudez for Conley. Rubio would rejoin gasol and they would get 2 shooters they really need. While the wolves get a better player but is a unrestricted FA this offseason

Martin and Rudez aren't positive assets, and Conley is clearly better then Rubio. Mem doesn't do it with a gun to their head
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

PorkChop wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Would you guys take the risk of rubio, kmart and rudez for Conley. Rubio would rejoin gasol and they would get 2 shooters they really need. While the wolves get a better player but is a unrestricted FA this offseason

What's the risk there? It's basically a Rubio for Conley trade. I do that trade every day of the week twice on Sundays.

Conley can leave at the end of the year and the wolves end up getting no value out of rubio or kmart
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

alexftbl8181 wrote:

Martin and Rudez aren't positive assets, and Conley is clearly better then Rubio. Mem doesn't do it with a gun to their head

If Conley leaves at the end of the year I think they might. If the grizzlies max out Conley (what it would take) that is there team and that is not good enough to win a championship
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

kekgeek1 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

What's the risk there? It's basically a Rubio for Conley trade. I do that trade every day of the week twice on Sundays.

Conley can leave at the end of the year and the wolves end up getting no value out of rubio or kmart

Well Martin has no value, and you make that trade with the mind set that you'll do whatever it takes to get Conley resigned. They would have plenty of money freed up from Ricky and Martin to do so .

kekgeek1 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

Kmart has no value, Rubio's value is plummeting with each passing day
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

worldK wrote:Wiggins took a pounding on this board tonight but he had a very go game and was our best player hands down! The game wont be close without wig tonight.

His shot was going down tonight, which yes, made him the best player on the floor. I'd love it if someday we could say he's the best player on the floor when his shot isn't falling, but I'm not sure that will ever be the case with him. He's not a "do shit" kind of player. He had 2 rebounds and 1 assist tonight, plus some lapses defensively.

If he's not scoring efficiently, he's not really helping much.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:Wiggins took a pounding on this board tonight but he had a very go game and was our best player hands down! The game wont be close without wig tonight.

His shot was going down tonight, which yes, made him the best player on the floor. I'd love it if someday we could say he's the best player on the floor when his shot isn't falling, but I'm not sure that will ever be the case with him. He's not a "do shit" kind of player. He had 2 rebounds and 1 assist tonight, plus some lapses defensively.

I have to disagree here. Wiggins efficiency could improve no question. But to say that he isnt helping when he is not scoring efficiently is not true. We are a better and more competitive team with wiggins playing. He is the only guy worth doubling for the opposing team.

Q12543 wrote:

He's like the only person who can score in the 4th quarter. If he doesn't go for 30 it's usually means the Wolves got blown out
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Yeah its really hard for me to get down on Wiggins when he's really the only offensive threat not name KAT .
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

worldK wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

I have to disagree here. Wiggins efficiency could improve no question. But to say that he isnt helping when he is not scoring efficiently is not true. We are a better and more competitive team with wiggins playing. He is the only guy worth doubling for the opposing team.

How does he only get 1 assist tonight? Towns got 3 and he's not getting nearly as many touches. I agree that Wiggins commands a lot of attention defensively, which is a good thing, but that doesn't tend to translate to easy buckets for other people. Harden had way more of an impact on the game because even though he didn't have the best shooting night, he was making plays for others left and right.