I'm just going to leave this here...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537]

I'm just going to leave this here...

Post by 12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537] »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2629150-jimmy-butler-trade-rumors-latest-news-speculation-on-bulls-star
bleedspeed

Re: I'm just going to leave this here...

Post by bleedspeed »

Interesting. I wonder if the Bulls semi blowup the roster this offseason and build around Butler, McDermott, and Portis.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hoiberg is out. Not deserved but I think he wouldn't be to hurt if that happened. I think he could talk Taylor into something with the Wolves.
12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537]

Post by 12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537] »

This is probably a silly idea, but if the Wolves were to sign Thibadeau as the main man, would that provide an interesting turn in Butler trade talks? What was his relationship with Thibs?
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

I doubt the Wolves would be involved in any attempts to get Butler. I haven't really followed his career - so there could be things I don't know. But looking at his stats, I find it interesting that he appears to be another example of a player that took a few years before blooming. All the more reason for us Wolves fans to be excited about our young core.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Interesting. I wonder if the Bulls semi blowup the roster this offseason and build around Butler, McDermott, and Portis.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hoiberg is out. Not deserved but I think he wouldn't be to hurt if that happened. I think he could talk Taylor into something with the Wolves.

Because of the relationship of Hoiberg and Far Forman it's gonna have to be really bad for them to let Hoiberg go. The reality is the Bulls are at a place where they could just flat out decide to rebuild around whatever young players they decide to keep. If they have to trade Butler you can bet they can get a hell of a return for one of the best two way wings in the game. They have some young talent also so it's not like the cupboard is bare.

I don't think the Wolves going after Butler is a good idea and I like Butler. It feels like he wants to be the man among other reasons I am hesitant to give up what it will take to get him for this team.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:Interesting. I wonder if the Bulls semi blowup the roster this offseason and build around Butler, McDermott, and Portis.

Because of the relationship of Hoiberg and Far Forman it's gonna have to be really bad for them to let Hoiberg go. The reality is the Bulls are at a place where they could just flat out decide to rebuild around whatever young players they decide to keep. If they have to trade Butler you can bet they can get a hell of a return for one of the best two way wings in the game. They have some young talent also so it's not like the cupboard is bare.

I don't think the Wolves going after Butler is a good idea and I like Butler. It feels like he wants to be the man among other reasons I am hesitant to give up what it will take to get him for this team.

Wiggins for Butler?

I know the overwhelming majority of us here wouldn't want to give up on Wiggins, and for good reason. But does such a young team need more of a mix of proven players?

Butler is already arguably the best two-way wing this side of K. Leonard in the league. Is Wiggins' ceiling higher than that? How likely is it? Will he reach it while jockeying for his place among Towns and LaVine in the Wolves pecking order?

Of course, we all dig Wiggins contract too. He's probably locked up for at least 5/6 more years right? Is there any noise about changing the CBA though? Currently, it's financially better to sign that first big contract with the team that drafted you. But we're realizing the NBA LOVES player movement. As do the players, obviously. I expect the new CBA encourages that more than ever before...

As for Butler's contract, it's going to look like a bargain as soon as this summer.
I'm not advocating for it. I was just throwing out some discussion points.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Wiggins for Butler?

I know the overwhelming majority of us here wouldn't want to give up on Wiggins, and for good reason. But does such a young team need more of a mix of proven players?

Butler is already arguably the best two-way wing this side of K. Leonard in the league. Is Wiggins' ceiling higher than that? How likely is it? Will he reach it while jockeying for his place among Towns and LaVine in the Wolves pecking order?

Of course, we all dig Wiggins contract too. He's probably locked up for at least 5/6 more years right? Is there any noise about changing the CBA though? Currently, it's financially better to sign that first big contract with the team that drafted you. But we're realizing the NBA LOVES player movement. As do the players, obviously. I expect the new CBA encourages that more than ever before...

As for Butler's contract, it's going to look like a bargain as soon as this summer.
I'm not advocating for it. I was just throwing out some discussion points.

I think the first issue to get past on the possible deal is Butler's health. He has had 1 season his 2nd year where he played all 82 games (rookie year I can assume he was a coaches decision a lot of the game he missed) and Since then has 3 years in a row where he has missed a pretty decent chunk of games and that was when he was/is young.