trying to stop history wolves vs warriors thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: trying to stop history wolves vs warriors thread

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

We can all point to the nice collective effort everyone had last night, and I agree with just about all of it. But when the chips were down at the end of regulation and through overtime, the big dog who stepped up and willed us to the win was Wiggins. Wish I had time to rehash each sequence. But let me say this: the opponent knows who is going to have the ball in those situations, and they know basically what he is going to try to do. The fact that Wig can still get to the rim nearly at will, and elevate his game the way he usually does is truly special. And it wasn't just his scoring. He got steals, he grabbed some ridiculously special rebounds, and he won some of those 50/50 balls we talk about. He also played great defense. I was just really impressed. And you can tell that his teammates understand who the alpha is in those situations. Ricky gives up the ball freely, and the rest play their role off the ball. It's hard for me to say this, but Sam deserves some credit for the way he orchestrates things at the end of games.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:We can all point to the nice collective effort everyone had last night, and I agree with just about all of it. But when the chips were down at the end of regulation and through overtime, the big dog who stepped up and willed us to the win was Wiggins. Wish I had time to rehash each sequence. But let me say this: the opponent knows who is going to have the ball in those situations, and they know basically what he is going to try to do. The fact that Wig can still get to the rim nearly at will, and elevate his game the way he usually does is truly special. And it wasn't just his scoring. He got steals, he grabbed some ridiculously special rebounds, and he won some of those 50/50 balls we talk about. He also played great defense. I was just really impressed. And you can tell that his teammates understand who the alpha is in those situations. Ricky gives up the ball freely, and the rest play their role off the ball. It's hard for me to say this, but Sam deserves some credit for the way he orchestrates things at the end of games.

To be fair Rickey did try to take a couple of shots and brick them in crunch time ;) Good thing we had Bazz to grab those rebounds.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

https://soundcloud.com/wolves-radio

Bazz is great. All these kids are great, love hearing their excitement from last night. Good stuff here.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

I have been quiet all year and watching the season from a far. But this win really gives me hopes that the players acquired by Flip were key this late season success. (Shabazz, Dieng, Wiggins, LaVine, KAT)

I have read on here most are not Simmons fans, but I believe his athleticism, size (6'10"+) rebounding strength, ability to dribble attack the court would be key for this team. A lineup of Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Simmons and KAT would be the quickest starting 5 in transition in the NBA, and one of the longest also. Everyone of those players would be able to defensive rebound and then attack with the dribble in transition. Plus after watching all season, this team needs muscle and Simmons is the ideal draft choice if we can get him.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

slimcalhoun27 wrote:I have been quiet all year and watching the season from a far. But this win really gives me hopes that the players acquired by Flip were key this late season success. (Shabazz, Dieng, Wiggins, LaVine, KAT)

I have read on here most are not Simmons fans, but I believe his athleticism, size (6'10"+) rebounding strength, ability to dribble attack the court would be key for this team. A lineup of Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Simmons and KAT would be the quickest starting 5 in transition in the NBA, and one of the longest also. Everyone of those players would be able to defensive rebound and then attack with the dribble in transition. Plus after watching all season, this team needs muscle and Simmons is the ideal draft choice if we can get him.

Simmons is not 6'10. I watched him several times and he did not appear to be 6'10 relative to the guys around him. He got the Beasley bump. Beasley was 6'10 in college and 6'7 at the combine. I think Simmons will come in around 6'8, maybe 6'9 which I know is nitpicking but it does take some of the shine off having a 6'8 ball handler/playmaker vs a 6'10 guy doing it.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

khans2k5 wrote:
slimcalhoun27 wrote:I have been quiet all year and watching the season from a far. But this win really gives me hopes that the players acquired by Flip were key this late season success. (Shabazz, Dieng, Wiggins, LaVine, KAT)

Simmons is not 6'10. I watched him several times and he did not appear to be 6'10 relative to the guys around him. He got the Beasley bump. Beasley was 6'10 in college and 6'7 at the combine. I think Simmons will come in around 6'8, maybe 6'9 which I know is nitpicking but it does take some of the shine off having a 6'8 ball handler/playmaker vs a 6'10 guy doing it.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong because the NBA draft process is most accurate and he hasn't been through that yet, but he has been measured at 6' 10" or 6' 9.5" at three different venues and in pictures where he's standing next to LeBron James, he has two or three inches on him. My opinion is that he's every bit of 6' 10".

khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Camden0916 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong because the NBA draft process is most accurate and he hasn't been through that yet, but he has been measured at 6' 10" or 6' 9.5" at three different venues and in pictures where he's standing next to LeBron James, he has two or three inches on him. My opinion is that he's every bit of 6' 10".

As long as he measures at 6'10 in shoes I'm on board. I guess he just didn't look it in college to me.
worldK

Post by worldK »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFP5F-54Cw

Wiggins best pro game to date.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

worldK wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFP5F-54Cw

Wiggins best pro game to date.

A lot of that was just flat out abuse. The basket at the end of regulation, and the big rebound toward the end of overtime were just wow plays. Not fair really. Thanks for posting.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Anyone else annoyed with Marv during this broadcast? Here is the clip of him ripping Wiggins.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7mnl1II1JA