trying to stop history wolves vs warriors thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: trying to stop history wolves vs warriors thread

Post by Monster »

I hadn't heard the outcome but when I loaded up the game in my NBA app today I saw it went into OT. I had hope we would win but wasn't expecting it. WOW

So many happy thoughts here but I'll try and remember some of the thoughts I had watching this game.

Wiggins got a bunch of steals and as other people mentioned in this thread guys have gotten into passing lanes making reads and coming up with turnovers. Wiggins has shown the biggest amount of turnaround in the last few games. Is that just him figuring it out or can we give some coaches or KG or Prince or someone older than 25 credit for helping these guys?

Speaking of defense the Wolves overall did some damn nice things. Tyus and Bazz we not liabilities and Bazz was damn rock solid. Sam made a smart decision keeping him in there because there was no GS that was gonna really eat him up and he was doing just fine against Green. Tyus bounced back with a nice game.

Bazz was fantastic. See what he looks like when the rest of the bench doesn't suck? Like someone else said if you move him better get something pretty good back. Bazz has really been struggling lately (so have some other guys) but he did All his Bazz things in this game. He can be such a fun player. I was watching via the GS broadcast and it was a pleasure they actually knew the Wolves players well and even before Bazz was lighting things up the color guy was saying how he likes Bazz and thinks he could be a super 6th man on a good team and hopes he accepts that type of a role.

Bjelica was terrific.

Wiggins and Towns. Wow
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Unrelated to monster's post, but the Warriors broadcast is absolute garbage. They're unbearably homeristic and just sound like they don't do their homework.

- Called Andrew Wiggins "Anthony Wiggins" one time.

- Said Shaun Livingston could "easily score 15 PPG" even though he's never eclipsed 10 PPG in his entire career.

- Talked about Antawn Jamison as if he was close to the player Vince Carter was, which is absurd in my view.

- Disagreed with just about every call that went against the Warriors, including ones that were super obvious.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:Unrelated to monster's post, but the Warriors broadcast is absolute garbage. They're unbearably homeristic and just sound like they don't do their homework.

- Said Shaun Livingston could "easily score 15 PPG" even though he's never eclipsed 10 PPG in his entire career.

- Talked about Antawn Jamison as if he was close to the player Vince Carter was, which is absurd in my view.

- Disagreed with just about every call that went against the Warriors, including ones that were super obvious.

Lol maybe I was just excited they actually knew the Wolves players names. That Livinston comment was pretty ridiculous. lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

Also Despite what it may mean beyond this game I think Sam and his staff deserves some props for this game. The rotations and putting guys out there made sense guys seemed to be able to be in spots to succeed. It seems like Sam gave Bazz some opportunities to post up as well.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:Unrelated to monster's post, but the Warriors broadcast is absolute garbage. They're unbearably homeristic and just sound like they don't do their homework.

I think we're spoiled with the the local FSN crew. Heck, the Wolves for as lousy as they've been on the court, they've had good tv guys for the most part.

Last night was reunion night for the TNT game preceding the Wolves. Hearing McHale and Harlan brought back memories.

In all sports, hometown coverage has slanted toward the rubes... some places more than others. Sometimes, it's insufferable.

Quick story...

Last year, I watched the Final Four game between Wisconsin and Kentucky with the Kentucky feed. It was TERRIBLE and ruined a great game for me. They had Rex Chapman as the color guy (he was very green and fresh out of prison?). I had no idea that they had team feeds. I didn't make that mistake this season.

But I have to admit I was so pissed off last season watching the game wondering why they'd put on such homer guys for the Final Four. I should have known better...
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Camden wrote:Unrelated to monster's post, but the Warriors broadcast is absolute garbage. They're unbearably homeristic and just sound like they don't do their homework.

I think we're spoiled with the the local FSN crew. Heck, the Wolves for as lousy as they've been on the court, they've had good tv guys for the most part.

Last night was reunion night for the TNT game preceding the Wolves. Hearing McHale and Harlan brought back memories.

In all sports, hometown coverage has slanted toward the rubes... some places more than others. Sometimes, it's insufferable.

Quick story...

Last year, I watched the Final Four game between Wisconsin and Kentucky with the Kentucky feed. It was TERRIBLE and ruined a great game for me. They had Rex Chapman as the color guy (he was very green and fresh out of prison?). I had no idea that they had team feeds. I didn't make that mistake this season.

But I have to admit I was so pissed off last season watching the game wondering why they'd put on such homer guys for the Final Four. I should have known better...

Ya I am getting sick of Benz, but ya Jim P might be the best in the biz. The only crew that I think can compete is the Nets
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

The best in the business is in Utah. I think they're second to none. I love Benz and Petersen, but sometimes Petersen pisses me off. He says little things that drive me nuts. For instance, how he always professes his love for Matt Barnes and how he thinks Gorgui's a great defender. They're a still a very, very good tandem, but little things like that are annoying.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Utah's crew is good, the Pelicans announce team is really good.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Not to turn this into a one-up contest, but until you have heard Matty Goukas do a Magic game, it is hard to fully fathom what the "homer broadcaster" can truly be. It is like hearing "Nevermind" for the first time: everything else feels like a pale imitation.

My favorite is his "Friendship" with Shaq, when Shaq did an interview with Orlando Sentinel in July of 1993 about how he didn't like playing for Goukas and suggested he played a role in his firing. Good times.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Camden wrote:The best in the business is in Utah. I think they're second to none. I love Benz and Petersen, but sometimes Petersen pisses me off. He says little things that drive me nuts. For instance, how he always professes his love for Matt Barnes and how he thinks Gorgui's a great defender. They're a still a very, very good tandem, but little things like that are annoying.

Aren't those the guys Flip had words with because they accused the Wolves of tanking as they were winning?