trying to stop history wolves vs warriors thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: trying to stop history wolves vs warriors thread

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

lipoli390 wrote:
thedoper wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:I can't help myself. We had Andrew Wiggins and the Warriors didn't. Big play after big play. Question his motor tonight.

Definitely no question about Andrew's motor tonight. He was great on both ends, showing intensity, effort and great poise down the stretch. He was forcing turnovers, attaching the boards and diving for loose balls. A performance like this reminds us of what we all know - that Wiggins has the potential to be a star.

But I'm just as thrilled with what Bazz showed tonight. We saw his typical great effort and aggressiveness. But finally his effor and talent came together with opportunity to produce a big number in the scoring column.

Towns was tremendous too. I also lived Zach's defense along with his 4 three-pointers on 7 attempts. He was key as well.

And let's not forget the really solid minutes we got from Tyus off the bench. You have to love his toughness.

I think it's fair to say everyone was great tonight. Even Belly was getting up and blocking shots and grabbing boards. Amazing game. Tonight obviously furthered my love of Bazz. He played some good D on Green as well at the 4. I just want to add a piece. I really don't want to see them move away from any part of this core. Its too unique right now. Add a defender in their prime and get these kids in the playoffs.

I agree completely, Doper. I've liked our core all season and want to keep them together at least another year before seriously considering the possibility of trading any of them. By core I mean Towns, Wiggins, LaVine, Dieng, Ricky and Bazz. I'd keep Belly and Prince too. And I don't see Tyus going anywhere. That's 9 players. Assuming KG comes back as I think he will, that leaves 5 roster spots. Draft the best three-point shooting guard available with our lottery pick - which will be Buddy or [s]Valentine[/s]. Then sign the best available free agent big guy to beef up our front line and help on the boards. Fill in the final 3 spots with cheap free agents, including a vet backup PG, another big body and another shooter.

*Murray, if we go that route, but I agree with most of what you said here. I'd still shop Muhammad this off-season, though. Tonight's game on national TV could help his trade value as he was great, made play after play. He'll have these type of games where he can score in bunches, but we can't forget about the nights where he's a liability. Unfortunately, those nights outweigh the nights where he fills it up. As I said in an earlier post, I absolutely respect his motor and desire to leave it all on the court, but I'd prefer a more well-rounded wing, however, and this summer could be the best chance to sell high.
MikkeMan

Post by MikkeMan »

Great win! Have to watch this game later.

I agree with Cam and Mr. Hockey that hopefully this increases trade value for Shabazz. Next year will be last year of his rookie contract. So it would be possible that we would need to overpay him after next season to keep him.

Since Bazz has not missed single game this season, maybe he will have really some trade value and we could get useful rotation player for him.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

If we can fix the bench we can be a playoff team. The core is very good. It's hard to remember that our big three is so young and will only get better with time. Good things are in store for us. I'm so excited.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

I was gonna start a GDT with something to the effect of "Why bother watching - Wolves at Warriors GDT", and then go to bed. Instead, I just went to bed...

WTF!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden0916 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
thedoper wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:I can't help myself. We had Andrew Wiggins and the Warriors didn't. Big play after big play. Question his motor tonight.

Definitely no question about Andrew's motor tonight. He was great on both ends, showing intensity, effort and great poise down the stretch. He was forcing turnovers, attaching the boards and diving for loose balls. A performance like this reminds us of what we all know - that Wiggins has the potential to be a star.

But I'm just as thrilled with what Bazz showed tonight. We saw his typical great effort and aggressiveness. But finally his effor and talent came together with opportunity to produce a big number in the scoring column.

Towns was tremendous too. I also lived Zach's defense along with his 4 three-pointers on 7 attempts. He was key as well.

And let's not forget the really solid minutes we got from Tyus off the bench. You have to love his toughness.

I think it's fair to say everyone was great tonight. Even Belly was getting up and blocking shots and grabbing boards. Amazing game. Tonight obviously furthered my love of Bazz. He played some good D on Green as well at the 4. I just want to add a piece. I really don't want to see them move away from any part of this core. Its too unique right now. Add a defender in their prime and get these kids in the playoffs.

I agree completely, Doper. I've liked our core all season and want to keep them together at least another year before seriously considering the possibility of trading any of them. By core I mean Towns, Wiggins, LaVine, Dieng, Ricky and Bazz. I'd keep Belly and Prince too. And I don't see Tyus going anywhere. That's 9 players. Assuming KG comes back as I think he will, that leaves 5 roster spots. Draft the best three-point shooting guard available with our lottery pick - which will be Buddy or [s]Valentine[/s]. Then sign the best available free agent big guy to beef up our front line and help on the boards. Fill in the final 3 spots with cheap free agents, including a vet backup PG, another big body and another shooter.

*Murray, if we go that route, but I agree with most of what you said here. I'd still shop Muhammad this off-season, though. Tonight's game on national TV could help his trade value as he was great, made play after play. He'll have these type of games where he can score in bunches, but we can't forget about the nights where he's a liability. Unfortunately, those nights outweigh the nights where he fills it up. As I said in an earlier post, I absolutely respect his motor and desire to leave it all on the court, but I'd prefer a more well-rounded wing, however, and this summer could be the best chance to sell high.

Cam - I'm assuming Murray will won't be available by rather time we pick at # 5 or 6. I have Murray ranked ahead of Buddy on my draft board right now. I think he'll go 3rd or 4th. I can see shopping Bazz this summer, but I'd want a really good return. I'd also say that Bazz isn't just a scorer. He's also a terrific rebounder at his position. I think it's also fair to say that his nonstop hustle/effort/motor is yet another dimension to his game. He's a poor defender, but he's shown improvement in that area.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Maybe already discussed... but there has to be a reason for the call reversal. Right?

Was it just to see if Curry was outside the restricted area? Is that part of it reversible? Even though he was... the call was still iffy. Curry was leaning with the upper body.

There were a couple of questionable calls like that. We've been through that before. At least the Wolves have possible future stars to earn their own fair share of 50/50 calls down the line. In fact, the Wolves got away with one late. Towns touched the rim on one of Wiggins' late turnarounds. It would have been an unfortunate goaltending call because it didn't affect the play, but he clearly grabbed the rim.

[Note: Amazing what a competent bench can do. T. Jones and Muhammad both with career games.]
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Wow. I'm just checking in here this morning, didn't hear the good news last night. Our young guys needed another big win this season. I guess Glen's conversation with Sammich really went well the other night and Sam felt motivated.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Maybe already discussed... but there has to be a reason for the call reversal. Right?

Was it just to see if Curry was outside the restricted area? Is that part of it reversible? Even though he was... the call was still iffy. Curry was leaning with the upper body.

There were a couple of questionable calls like that. We've been through that before. At least the Wolves have possible future stars to earn their own fair share of 50/50 calls down the line. In fact, the Wolves got away with one late. Towns touched the rim on one of Wiggins' late turnarounds. It would have been an unfortunate goaltending call because it didn't affect the play, but he clearly grabbed the rim.

[Note: Amazing what a competent bench can do. T. Jones and Muhammad both with career games.]

This is the first year the call has been able to be reviewed. Apparently they reviewed it because she called a block only because she said Steph was in the restricted area. So they reviewed it and he wasn't in it, so they switched the call.

Just can't wait for this to happen in the playoffs and we see how long this rule keeps in place
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

kekgeek1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Maybe already discussed... but there has to be a reason for the call reversal. Right?

This is the first year the call has been able to be reviewed. Apparently they reviewed it because she called a block only because she said Steph was in the restricted area. So they reviewed it and he wasn't in it, so they switched the call.

Just can't wait for this to happen in the playoffs and we see how long this rule keeps in place

Then, she's a lousy official. There was no debate that Curry was far outside the restricted area. That's pretty basic for an NBA official to spot.

OR... it just gave them an excuse to go to the monitors and reverse a close call that went against a team on the verge of NBA history instead of a team staring at 55 losses. Either way...
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

OR... it just gave them an excuse to go to the monitors and reverse a close call that went against a team on the verge of NBA history instead of a team staring at 55 losses. Either way...

I was watching live and that is what I thought happened....it was a crowd pleasing reversal. But then I think they did make an attempt at a make up call in favor of the Wolves a bit later - but I don't recall specifically. I think that stuff does happen.