Preseason Bulls vs Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Preseason Bulls vs Wolves

Post by Monster »

papalrep wrote:Ok I'm not going to say Zach is a huge disappointment, but is it fair to say he is not ready to start as an NBA shooting guard?

He did not look the part in the 1st half no doubt. He did have a couple good defensive possessions that I remember.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Volans19 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
Volans19 wrote:Who is everyone pulling for during the MLB Playoffs?

I'm rooting for the Cubs and Astros.

Teams I want to fail the most - Cardinals and Rangers

I always root against the Dodgers, so last night was a good night.

I like the Cubs and Stros too...also like the Mets.

The only reason I like the Dodgers is because Greinke is one of my favorite pitchers (his days as a Brewer made me a big fan) but the Mets rotation is filthy so that series is a bit of a wash for me

I like Greinke too, but hating the Dodgers is in my DNA. I played in the Dodgertown baseball league for three years before moving back to Minny a year ago, and I got a little nauseous every time I had to put on that Dodger uniform.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:Very interesting half...surprising we're just down 10 with the barrage of threes. Some observations.

1) I liked all three rookies in the first half. Towns plays with a lot of passion...funny, I saw some Noah in him tonight. Tyus was terrific...16 points, 3 assists and a steal, and no turnovers. Bjelica continues to impress me offensively, and he even hit the offensive boards in the first half.

2) Muhammad is such an unorthodox players, but he can flat out score the basketball.

3) Does Tay Prince want to play anymore? All of our SFs were poor defensively, but Prince was the worst. Zero effort.

4) Is Wiggins hurt, or do you think Sam is pissed at him? Only played 7 minutes, and showed no fire at all.

5) LaVine...wtf? Just awful the entire half.

6) What terrific ball movement by the Bulls.

Rudez looked much more into it than Prince. Of the vets I think Prince is the most liekly to want out. Kander is the reason he may not want to leave.

Tyus' reputation is that he only scores when he thinks he needs to, and his scoring wasn't needed that often at Apple Valley and Duke. But he always seems to come up big when needed, like in the NCAA championship game. Maybe his 16 points in 11 minutes after the Wolves got down 22 is another example of his style of play. He certainly doesn't look like the most athletic guy out there, but he didn't seem to have too much of a problem beating his man and getting into the lane. His head is always up when he brings the ball up the court too...I like that.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Maybe we should let Zach play with Ricky and not against Butler before we erase his name from the starting lineup. We've played the Bulls and OKC who are both significantly better teams than we are. Looking good is a real positive and looking bad is par for the course against those teams. With people jumping this early on guys I can tell it's gonna be a long season on here.
shahidi124 [enjin:6591729]

Post by shahidi124 [enjin:6591729] »

Lol I thought the game was in Chicago the whole time and was like "Damn, Twolves got a lot of fans at this game..."
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

I wish Wiggins would be like

monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:Very interesting half...surprising we're just down 10 with the barrage of threes. Some observations.

1) I liked all three rookies in the first half. Towns plays with a lot of passion...funny, I saw some Noah in him tonight. Tyus was terrific...16 points, 3 assists and a steal, and no turnovers. Bjelica continues to impress me offensively, and he even hit the offensive boards in the first half.

2) Muhammad is such an unorthodox players, but he can flat out score the basketball.

3) Does Tay Prince want to play anymore? All of our SFs were poor defensively, but Prince was the worst. Zero effort.

4) Is Wiggins hurt, or do you think Sam is pissed at him? Only played 7 minutes, and showed no fire at all.

5) LaVine...wtf? Just awful the entire half.

6) What terrific ball movement by the Bulls.

Rudez looked much more into it than Prince. Of the vets I think Prince is the most liekly to want out. Kander is the reason he may not want to leave.

If that's all he is going to give us on defense, there's no reason for him to make the final roster.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:Maybe we should let Zach play with Ricky and not against Butler before we erase his name from the starting lineup. We've played the Bulls and OKC who are both significantly better teams than we are. Looking good is a real positive and looking bad is par for the course against those teams. With people jumping this early on guys I can tell it's gonna be a long season on here.

Hey there are plenty of preseason games to go but he has to play better than that last half to be a starter. Thats all anyone is saying.

khans2k5 wrote:Maybe we should let Zach play with Ricky and not against Butler before we erase his name from the starting lineup. We've played the Bulls and OKC who are both significantly better teams than we are. Looking good is a real positive and looking bad is par for the course against those teams. With people jumping this early on guys I can tell it's gonna be a long season on here.

I'm not erasing his name...just pointing out how dreadful he was in the first half, And most of it had more to do with Zach than the opponent. Like putting up a long 3-pointer with six seconds still left in the quarter. I'm not faulting his effort though. Wiggins on the other hand...