Keep Ricky in Minnesota

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Phenom

Re: Keep Ricky in Minnesota

Post by Phenom »

alexftbl8181 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:Ricky can keep a defense honest off the dribble. Hopefully the next coach doesn't spot him up all game and run a bunch of iso.

And hopefully he can work on his lower body which should theoretically improve his sliding shooting percentages.

Adlemans system was a lot of ball movement and lack of Iso's and Rubio was the same player in that system as well

Adelman took the ball out of Rickys hands a lot especially towards the end and Love had a good share of iso late in games where so many are worried about Ricky's shot. So is spotting him up a good idea? No its not his strong point. Besides running Love out 35 feet and spacing the floor didn't work either. Same with Wiggins. Should have kept the ball in Ricky's hands. Pull up jumper or beautiful assist to one of our finishers. I prefer those odds.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:Ricky can keep a defense honest off the dribble. Hopefully the next coach doesn't spot him up all game and run a bunch of iso.

And hopefully he can work on his lower body which should theoretically improve his sliding shooting percentages.

Adlemans system was a lot of ball movement and lack of Iso's and Rubio was the same player in that system as well

Adelman took the ball out of Rickys hands a lot especially towards the end and Love had a good share of iso late in games where so many are worried about Ricky's shot. So is spotting him up a good idea? No its not his strong point. Besides running Love out 35 feet and spacing the floor didn't work either. Same with Wiggins. Should have kept the ball in Ricky's hands. Pull up jumper or beautiful assist to one of our finishers. I prefer those odds.

Rubio wouldn't shoot! To be fair, Martin or Brewer didn't want to either, but Adelman taking the ball out of Rubio's hands? Why would he do that? Is there a reason besides "he hates Rubio",which seems to be the go to whenever you speak ill of the man
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

alexftbl8181 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:

Rubio wouldn't shoot! To be fair, Martin or Brewer didn't want to either, but Adelman taking the ball out of Rubio's hands? Why would he do that? Is there a reason besides "he hates Rubio",which seems to be the go to whenever you speak ill of the man

To be fair, I didn't realize Adelman spoke ill of Ricky. Either way Adelmans sets moved Ricky off the ball usually fairly early in the shot clock.

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:

To be fair, I didn't realize Adelman spoke ill of Ricky. Either way Adelmans sets moved Ricky off the ball usually fairly early in the shot clock.

So your assumption is Adelman ran the perfect offense for Ricky the 1st three quarters that led them to huge leads and have one the top offenses in the league, but when the 4th quarter came, he changed everything and took it away from Rubio's hands. Is that what your saying? If not please correct me to what you are saying
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

Twolves GM Milt Newton confirms the team did not make any trades.

Thank G*d. I was worried he'd give Ricky away for MCW and Plumlee. I seriously hope we get a new GM as Milt should have spent more time trying to move our fringe players rather than discussing Ricky.
Monster

Post by Monster »

TeamRicky wrote:Twolves GM Milt Newton confirms the team did not make any trades.

Thank G*d. I was worried he'd give Ricky away for MCW and Plumlee. I seriously hope we get a new GM as Milt should have spent more time trying to move our fringe players rather than discussing Ricky.

I think you like Milt more than you know.

From Jon K

Wolves GM Milt Newton: "While we did field phone calls, we're not in the business of giving players away."
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

alexftbl8181 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:

So your assumption is Adelman ran the perfect offense for Ricky the 1st three quarters that led them to huge leads and have one the top offenses in the league, but when the 4th quarter came, he changed everything and took it away from Rubio's hands. Is that what your saying? If not please correct me to what you are saying

Not at all. As Adelmans tenure here ran on, Ricky s role changed or at least that is what I saw. Unless you are specifically asking about crunch time when Ricky's shots are apparently killing the team. That was Love iso time and was often a contested deep bomb. It wasn't a quarter to quarter evolution.

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:

Not at all. As Adelmans tenure here ran on, Ricky s role changed or at least that is what I saw. Unless you are specifically asking about crunch time when Ricky's shots are apparently killing the team. That was Love iso time and was often a contested deep bomb. It wasn't a quarter to quarter evolution.

Ok Why would Adelman change Ricky's role as he went on?
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Apparently Milt didn't make any calls on our players, only received them.

A Jabari Parker for Rubio + deal would have been fun to talk about
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Apparently Milt didn't make any calls on our players, only received them.

A Jabari Parker for Rubio + deal would have been fun to talk about

The board might have exploded.