Curry

General NBA News
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Curry

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

40 points in 30 minutes tonight on......gulp....18 shots. He was 14-18 from the field overall, 8-11 from 3, and 4-4 from the line. After tonight's game, his TS% might reach a ridiculous 70%.

He's the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA and I'm not sure it's even close.
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Re: Curry

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

Q12543 wrote:40 points in 30 minutes tonight on......gulp....18 shots. He was 14-18 from the field overall, 8-11 from 3, and 4-4 from the line. After tonight's game, his TS% might reach a ridiculous 70%.

He's the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA and I'm not sure it's even close.

Play some defense on the guy!! Pop will solve the riddle of the Golden State Warriors and the SPURs will beat them in the playoffs this year.

I think you need to guard him with a 6-6 or plus guy that can really move (Ricky/Wiggins.) All of those high screens around the 3 point arc need to be switched to avoid him getting the wide open 3 point shot. Let him drive for 2's if he wants and hit him with hard fouls like the old days of the NBA. Cant wait to see the wolves play the warriors again and see how we defend.

Where's the Chicago Bulls circa 1996? The Bulls of the 90's would kill the Warriors of today.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

maelstrom11 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:40 points in 30 minutes tonight on......gulp....18 shots. He was 14-18 from the field overall, 8-11 from 3, and 4-4 from the line. After tonight's game, his TS% might reach a ridiculous 70%.

Play some defense on the guy!! Pop will solve the riddle of the Golden State Warriors and the SPURs will beat them in the playoffs this year.

I think you need to guard him with a 6-6 or plus guy that can really move (Ricky/Wiggins.) All of those high screens around the 3 point arc need to be switched to avoid him getting the wide open 3 point shot. Let him drive for 2's if he wants and hit him with hard fouls like the old days of the NBA. Cant wait to see the wolves play the warriors again and see how we defend.

Where's the Chicago Bulls circa 1996? The Bulls of the 90's would kill the Warriors of today.

Maelstrom, Here is what I think of the 90s Bulls vs. current Warriors squad thing: If it were played with the rules, officiating, and coaching that was prevalent in the 90s, the Bulls would win. If it were played with the rules, officiating, and coaching prevalent today, the Warriors would win.

But speaking of the Bulls, let me bring you back to the '91 Finals. The Bulls used a strategy where they put Pippen on Magic and he basically guarded him full court, from the time he got the inbounds pass off Bulls makes all they way up the floor. I think Curry needs to be picked up full court all game long, even when without the ball, with multiple guys rotated onto him throughout the game because of how much energy it takes to guard that way. And yeah, he needs to be fouled a lot too.

Pop is in the mix yet again this year. I have to believe he and his staff are thinking long and hard about a potential series with Golden State.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I think Curry is such a good shooter and crafty scorer that also can pass to beat you he may change the way the game is played. the Warriors team is deep (you can't just dare other guys to beat you) and it might actually be deeper than it was last year and the scary thing is they have some possible nice young talent that basically doesn't even play yet. Oh yeah AND they play really good defense.