Jennings to detroit for knight

General NBA News
worldK

Jennings to detroit for knight

Post by worldK »

I like the move for both sides.

Detroit is looking like a playoff team right now. Jennings at 8m a year is good value and a good contract. He will have billups as a backup mentor as well, so thats good for him.

Monroe,smith and drummond is a great frontcourt. All 3 can play together too with smith at sf, that would be a great defnsive fromtcourt but they have to work on spacing on offense if they were to play at the same time. They will have 2 big expiring in stuckey and villanueva so that gives them something to work with in deals down the road.

For the bucks, they are rebuilding, jennings dont want to be there anymore and knight is a solid player and would be a good fit with the ball dominant mayo in the back court.. Knight is a good defender and jump shooter. He might be more known for being posterized by jordan and kyrie irving last season but he is a solid player. Knight-mayo-sanders gives them a good supporting core.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Jennings to detroit for knight

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Ilyasova isn't bad either. If they could flip him for a good wing, they'd be straight. Just think had they kept Tobias Harris like I was screaming.

Knight/Mayo/Harris/Henson/Sanders

That'd be a nice young lineup. Something they could have worked with.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Forgot about ersan. He is pretty good too. Also they added carlos delfino, another solid supporting piece as well as luke playing the backup role he is meant to play.

If the bucks gets lucky in the lottery and draft parker or wiggins to play sf for them, with mayo and knight at the backcourt and sanders and ersan. That would be a solid young group.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Agreed. They're sure to get someone in the lottery. Deep draft.

I wonder who Minnesota will get in the draft next year!

*Hey Cam, Kahn traded our first and Wesley Johnson to Phoenix."

Oh... Nevermind... Thanks Kahn...
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

After years of watching the Bucks while I lived in Wisconsin, I'm happy the Bucks have moved on from Jennings. He was a headache to watch running the point, the only thing I really liked about him was that once in a great while he would catch fire and take over the game with his scoring, but alas he was never able to harness that ability.

Here is a interesting little tidbit. I went to see the Bucks play a preseason game in La Crosse and I bought a program (and a Moute T for my girlfriend which is now worthless). Of the 19 players listed on the program only 4 remain, Udoh, Illy, Sanders, and Henson.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Jennings and Mayo would have been a terrible fit in the backcourt. Neither gets to the rim and both are volume shooters. I dislike Jennings game alot, but Detroit got him on a decent contract and they don't have a volume scorer so I actually like this move for them and like has been mentioned before Billups can mentor Jennings maybe he can tell him what good shots are like. LOL

The Bucks have some nice young pieces, but they are what they have been for years a playoff team at best. They need a star player there and so they have to hope someone they draft or has drafted turns into that or they bring in a FA which may be pretty tough there. They did a pretty good job in the offseason trying to build up a young team while not totally sucking too bad.