Big Apple vs. 10,000 Lakes (Wolves vs. Knicks Gamethread)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
SameOldNudityDrew

Re: Big Apple vs. 10,000 Lakes (Wolves vs. Knicks Gamethread)

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Ok, glad we held on, but it sure ended ugly after a nice start. 3-0 though. I like it.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Really big night for OUR Kmart. Love and Rubio battled till the end, but both looked exhausted. I would have played JJ down the stretch. We needed his shot creating in the chaos.

Really disappointed that we still don't realize the importance of getting Pek down low for buckets late in the game. I put that on the coaching staff and Pek. Pek was way too passive in the fourth quarter tonight. He has to use his size to fight for position.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

We saw the real Knicks defense in the 4th quarter, and we lost our composure...but it's going to happen in the Garden. And the Kevins hit the big shots when they needed to.

Derrick looked a little silly trying to guard Melo in the 2nd half, and I think Rick left Corey on the bench too long.

Big win in the Big Apple!
Mstermisty [enjin:6864008]

Post by Mstermisty [enjin:6864008] »

Great win...past teams would have folded under that kind've pressure (even though we almost did lol). K-Mart hit some huge shots and that bank shot by Love falling down was rediculous. I agree with SJM though we looked tired in the end. Ricky especially looked dead and started making some really stupid decisions. But give the Knicks credit, they moved the ball and made open shots.

Tomorrow is going to a very difficult game--in fact I am predicting a loss unless a player like JJ or D-Will has a big night.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I thought DW looked fine guarding him. Melo just got hot on the outside jumpers for a stretch. DW wasn't letting him drive by to the hole, and was contesting his shots. That's all you can do.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Mstermisty wrote:Tomorrow is going to a very difficult game--in fact I am predicting a loss unless a player like JJ or D-Will has a big night.

Outside of the fact the Wolves will be tired what exactly concerns you enough to predict a loss? The Cavs have a lot of young talent but nothing in their first three games suggests they've put together as a team yet. I would not be surprised with a loss given how tired the Wolves looked late tonight, but I would be no more surprised to see a win!
Yosimar

Post by Yosimar »

It wasn't pretty but a win is a win, is a win.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I thought Adelman should have tried Dieng in there. I realize it is a tough environment to get thrown into, but Pek really fell off in the fourth quarter.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

sjm34 wrote:I thought DW looked fine guarding him. Melo just got hot on the outside jumpers for a stretch. DW wasn't letting him drive by to the hole, and was contesting his shots. That's all you can do.

The effort was there and he certainly didn't look lost out there so I agree. It is hard to shut down a guy like Melo, but at least he slowed him down a bit. I don't think anybody expects DW to defend like Brewer at this point, but at least be a pest.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

TheSP wrote:
Mstermisty wrote:Tomorrow is going to a very difficult game--in fact I am predicting a loss unless a player like JJ or D-Will has a big night.

Outside of the fact the Wolves will be tired what exactly concerns you enough to predict a loss? The Cavs have a lot of young talent but nothing in their first three games suggests they've put together as a team yet. I would not be surprised with a loss given how tired the Wolves looked late tonight, but I would be no more surprised to see a win!

You're right that Cleveland is not very good...very bad shooting team...but Irving is the straw that stirs their drink and Rubio is going to have a difficult time with him with his tired legs. Cleveland is 1-0 at home and rested, and I think they will give us all we can handle tomorrow. Agree with misty that someone off the bench is going to have to come up big tomorrow. I think the rookies will play too, and maybe we'll get a surprise from one of them.