Miller and Dudley

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
ahughes53 [enjin:6639223]

Miller and Dudley

Post by ahughes53 [enjin:6639223] »

What would it take to get these guys here? Dudley isn't the perfect player for this team as we always need guys who can beat players off the dribble as we have virtually none. But his 3 pt shooting would be welcome. Miller has fell out of favor since an incident with there coach but in my time I can't remember him being a problem with anyone. Would some combination of JJ, DC, and any of our 2nd rounders, plus maybe Shved get it done? I know Denver lost Robinson and the clips are looking for forward depth in the post. I just feel like we'd be making out so there's no way it's enough. At least for Miller, I feel like DC and a 2nd would more than likely be able to get Dudley down. It would open up MRAM to play more which idk if that's a good thing but considering we got rid of Williams for him he might as well get more burn
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Miller and Dudley

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Personally, I have never liked Dudley. He is so ineffective at getting off a shot that he becomes almost irrelevant on offense. And when he is able to create a shot, he's not that effective long range this year...under 36%. We don't need any more SFs...already have too many on the roster...but we need Cunningham to back up Love.

I had to cancel my league pass this year cause quite frankly those games get blacked out or not shown too much to pay for, so my watching has gone down a little, only been able to stream a handful of games this year, so idk how mbah a moute has been. He was a decent defender in the past at the 3/4 spot but he got moved around in recent years for a reason. But it's worth a shot to mix things up, maybe Dudley has dropped off too cause I haven't seen the clippers since a game I watched last season, so maybe I'm going off past impressions a little too much.

In fact, the last Clippers game I believe I watched was where Beas and Williams went off. That was them right? I think so. Maybe there was one last year but I can't think. Damn that was a while ago
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

ahughes53 wrote:I had to cancel my league pass this year cause quite frankly those games get blacked out or not shown too much to pay for, so my watching has gone down a little, only been able to stream a handful of games this year, so idk how mbah a moute has been. He was a decent defender in the past at the 3/4 spot but he got moved around in recent years for a reason. But it's worth a shot to mix things up, maybe Dudley has dropped off too cause I haven't seen the clippers since a game I watched last season, so maybe I'm going off past impressions a little too much.

In fact, the last Clippers game I believe I watched was where Beas and Williams went off. That was them right? I think so.

Ha, I was at that game, ahughes! Terrible seats, back row of the upper deck, but watching with binoculars. Yes, both Williams and Beas couldn't miss, and we won pulling away. It was fun to watch Billy Crystal...he was laughing and joking with everyone while the Clippers were in control, but when Beas and D-will got hot he looked like he was sucking on a lemon!

Mbah a Moute has given us almost nothing on offense, but has been extraordinary at times on defense. Last night, for example, he came in for Corey and the Wolves held Houston without a basket for the next ten minutes. He has unbelievable footwork on defense.

I don't watch that many Clipper games, so I can only give you my impressions of Dudley based on Wolves/clips games I have watched. He just seems too slow to get his shot off with any consistency. He continues to get consistent minutes with a good team, though, so I assume he must contribute a lot on defense.

That's supposedly one of his strengths is just his effort on that end cause he's not a great athlete.

And that's what I thought, I remember watching him a few times in college way back when and once or twice over the years with the Bucks, and even around the league he's regards as a adequate/strong defender. With the small ball that's played now, I could see him being fine in the spot minutes at 4 as long as Turiaf is healthy and Dieng can hold down a few more minutes. If Pek was healthy I could see a move cause our back up 4 wouldn't need that many minutes with love not having to man the 5 spot as much. But like I said I've only been able to see a handful of games so I don't have a full grasp on just how much he's been playing that position.

Regardless of that, it would seem from everyone on this board and the 5 or so games I've seen of JJ that he needs to go. It's sad cause I remember games against the Thunder were he went off and held us in the game, so you see the spark as energy he can bring but on a nightly basis it's just not there. I really wish we would have made a move for Charles Jenkins in the off season... Would have been a nice backup for Rubio I think, a good contrast of styles
worldK

Post by worldK »

longstrangetrip wrote:Personally, I have never liked Dudley. He is so ineffective at getting off a shot that he becomes almost irrelevant on offense. And when he is able to create a shot, he's not that effective long range this year...under 36%. We don't need any more SFs...already have too many on the roster...but we need Cunningham to back up Love.

Agree lst. Not to mention he is pretty bad on d as well. dudley-love-pek frontcourt would be very bad on d.
Tackle [enjin:6628750]

Post by Tackle [enjin:6628750] »

I would take a long look at Dudley for brewer straight up. not sure if I would do it though. it would depend on how Dudley would fit in the corner, elbow, let JJ dribble offense.

I would miss the brewer leak out mystery bag though. And brewer for as much trouble as we give him is not the problem here.