Trade Targets

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Trade Targets

Post by Lipoli390 »

These are the players I'd target as possible trade acquisitions before this month's deadline and I'd be willing to deal anyone except Love, Ricky or Pekovic to het one or two of these guys:

1. Waiters (Cavs) -- I'd offer Martin for Waiters and Miles
2. Alec Burks (Jazz) - I'd offer them their pick of anyone but our main 3
3. Jimmer (Kings) -- I'd offer anyone but our main 3; however I'd expect more back if Martin is part of the deal
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Trade Targets

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Martin for Waiters and Miles would be huge for us. Cavs would actually have a pretty nice core if they made that deal too. Irving-Martin-Deng-Thompson-Varajao with Jack as their sixth man.

Doubt Utah trades Burks, but I wanted him since he entered the draft. Combo guard out of Colorado. Two-way player. Big too.

Not a Jimmer guy. I'd give them Barea tho.

I'll add Gary Neal for DC and Andre Miller for JJ Barea to the list of targets. Miller-Neal-Bud-MaM-Turiaf.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Cam - I think JJ for Jimmer would be a fair deal and, like you, I wouldn't want to give up much more for him. Maybe throw in a 2nd round pick. I also agree on Neal. I like him a lot. Kahn told me last year that he had Neal as one of the guys he might pursue over the summer. I think our only disagreement is Andre Miller. But I'm at the point where I'd like to see almost any reasonable move, so I wouldn't complain about a JJ for Miller deal. I just see better realistic targets out there. My concern is that I don't think Flip's ego will allow him to trade Martin.

I also don't see Flip having the balls to trade one of Adelman's guys while he's still coaching. That pretty much means Martin and DC aren't going anywhere. :undecided:

Would anyone here do an OJ Mayo for Budinger deal straight up?
Loose Goose [enjin:8265301]

Post by Loose Goose [enjin:8265301] »

Camden wrote:Would anyone here do an OJ Mayo for Budinger deal straight up?

Yeah but the Bucks wouldn't do that would they?

Loose Goose wrote:
Camden wrote:Would anyone here do an OJ Mayo for Budinger deal straight up?

Yeah but the Bucks wouldn't do that would they?

They reportedly wanted Budinger this off-season. He's cheaper than Mayo and OJ's been a disappointment for them. It might be something for them to consider.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

How about Budinger and Cunningham for OJ?

Another guy I think would be interesting on this team would be Stuckey. He is a FA. Would you rather have him or Martin on this team?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:Martin for Waiters and Miles would be huge for us. Cavs would actually have a pretty nice core if they made that deal too. Irving-Martin-Deng-Thompson-Varajao with Jack as their sixth man.

Doubt Utah trades Burks, but I wanted him since he entered the draft. Combo guard out of Colorado. Two-way player. Big too.

Not a Jimmer guy. I'd give them Barea tho.

I'll add Gary Neal for DC and Andre Miller for JJ Barea to the list of targets. Miller-Neal-Bud-MaM-Turiaf.

I was disappointed when the LMAM/Williams trade didn't include Fredette.

He was languishing deep on the bench at the time. And he can do at least one thing well above average... shoot three pointers. Those guys will always find a place to play in today's NBA.

In fact, it can be argued that the woeful Kings are using Fredette less than many other teams would.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

A lot of "targeting" is not just the player but also what the team is trying to accomplish. Does CLE's current GM part with Waiters, or is he someone that maybe is a "summer" guy if this current GM gets fired? Why is UTA giving up on Burks? Why is SAC ($67m committed to 10 guys for next season, none of which are Thomas) trading expirings for non-expirings?

SAC is a good target because they want 2nd's to stay under the lux and MIN has 3, to go with DC/Price/Hummel. What would you want back? If you don't like Outlaw, would SAC part with Mclemore, and do you want him? How would a trade where MIN gets Thompson and/or Landry and/or Thornton work, and would it be worth it? MIL works great here because they have expirings, a high 2nd rounder, and maybe MIN ends up with Neal, but who would MIL want?

Is DEN SO deperate to get rid of Miller (TO for next season) they take Barea? I don't know. Maybe a three way with SAC? And who would DEN want from that deal?

I know a lot of guys like Evan Turner, but isn't Perkins/Sefalosa/1st for Hawes/Turner better than anything MIN can offer FOR WHAT PHI IS TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH?

Keep an eye on MIA. If they start trying to move Haslam/Cole, that means one of the big three told them he's gone and they are trying to clear room for Melo or someone else. I can totally see Haslem to BOS for Bogans with a bunch of 2nd's and Cole to MIN for DC, or maybe DC/Price for Cole/Anderson. That's if one of them tells Riley he's leaving.

Other than those, and the NY and BRK clowncars, I just don't see a ton of wholesale changes around the league. There are a lot of teams with cap room this summer and/or don't see themselves as contenders, and they may just want to see what shakes out.

Addendum: I read on Hoopshype that MJ sees CHA as a contender and is looking to deal. If I'm SAC, I'm already on the phone trying to unload as much as I can for Gordon's expiring. Thornton/Landry/Thompson for Gordon/Sessions? Don't count it out. If MJ's standing over a birdie putt, Oakley will ok it.