Derrick Williams Trade

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
petecorcoran [enjin:6658618]

Re: Derrick Williams Trade

Post by petecorcoran [enjin:6658618] »

We need a shooter for the 2nd unit, plain and simple. Shump doesn't fit, neither on shooting or the salaries. Scarily, one Net does... Jason Terry. Pray against that.

Hayward would be a dream, but since he has a qualifying offer price with Utah, I'd think they can do way better, even in a sign and trade, than D-Will. So, I doubt that one, unless we'd take one of their terrible salaries too.

That leaves Thornton... we'd need to add Alexei for salaries to work, but for everyone's complaining about his shooting this year, I can only ask, "What do you expect to get for Williams???" And though he's 8 mil over this year and next, that's less than D-Will is due over 3 years... and Thornton would be done before we need to spend big money on Ricky.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Is this really happening?

I predict an unabashed gunner of some kind. An instant offense guy who will be extremely polarizing on this board.

Holy shit. It's Rashad McCants!

[Note: I've been most critical of the Rashad McCants and Michael Beasleys of the L. Now, I'm sort of clamoring for one. What gives? Well, it's A LOT different when you're counting on them to be a primary option to build around... or an energy guy you can hide on the bench when he's Bareaing it up all over the court.]
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Is this really happening?

I predict an unabashed gunner of some kind. An instant offense guy who will be extremely polarizing on this board.

[Note: I've been most critical of the Rashad McCants and Michael Beasleys of the L. Now, I'm sort of clamoring for one. What gives? Well, it's A LOT different when you're counting on them to be a primary option to build around... or an energy guy you can hide on the bench when he's Bareaing it up all over the court.]

I think it is pretty clear Adelman hates unabashed gunners.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Marshon Brooks?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

thedoper wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Is this really happening?

I think it is pretty clear Adelman hates unabashed gunners.

Didn't Aaron Brooks thrive (relatively speaking) with Adelman?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

"The Kings are actively searching for a small forward, sources said. They would love to trade guard Marcus Thornton and his contract." -- Yahoo

D-Will and Shved for Thornton? I'm still on board. I guess the Kings could have faith that D-Will can play SF for them.
Bayou Wolf [enjin:6635650]

Post by Bayou Wolf [enjin:6635650] »

I have been saying that Thornton would be a good fit for the wolves since he played in New Orleans...he reminds me of Alan Iverson and I would be psyched to have him on the wolves...but just watch the trade be for Fredette.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I don't care if we only get a KitKat bar. I'm sick and tired of watching his unmotivated, low BBIQ play. I would rather watch Dante clanking his mid-range shot all night than watch the Caged One lazily job back and forth. Besides, when he does actually show some energy it is typically misplaced such that it's clear he has no idea what he's doing.

Wait, this was supposed to be discussed at 3 Minny time. I always hated DannyB, bastard.

Stein: Timberwolves, I'm told, are in advanced discussions with Sacramento on a deal that would swap Derrick Williams for Luc Mbah A Moute

Well, at least he's really good at something. Defense. Hopefully there's a draft pick involved...

Stein continued: Not yet known if deal could expand to include more pieces but if sealed would give Williams fresh start & reunite Luc M w/UCLA pal KLove

I'm thinking there's a first rounder involved. If so, I really like this trade. Seems pretty simple. Moute's one of the best defenders that doesn't get enough praise for his play on that end. I think it was Durant that really praised him a season or two ago.