Trade Targets

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

Re: Trade Targets

Post by KiwiMatt »

bleedspeed177 wrote:How about Budinger and Cunningham for OJ?

Another guy I think would be interesting on this team would be Stuckey. He is a FA. Would you rather have him or Martin on this team?

Martin for sure. Stuckey's over rated!
A Friendly Flatulence [enjin:8907904]

Post by A Friendly Flatulence [enjin:8907904] »

Someone I would be interested in is Otto Porter. He has barely seen the floor at all this season and Washington could be gearing up for a playoff push (they are just 1.5 games back of the #3 seed). Maybe we could see if they were interested in some of the players we have. We might be able to buy extremely low here for the #3 pick in the draft? just a thought
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Camden wrote:Martin for Waiters and Miles would be huge for us. Cavs would actually have a pretty nice core if they made that deal too. Irving-Martin-Deng-Thompson-Varajao with Jack as their sixth man.

Doubt Utah trades Burks, but I wanted him since he entered the draft. Combo guard out of Colorado. Two-way player. Big too.

Not a Jimmer guy. I'd give them Barea tho.

I'll add Gary Neal for DC and Andre Miller for JJ Barea to the list of targets. Miller-Neal-Bud-MaM-Turiaf.

Cam you and I think alike!

I've been thinking of ways we could get both Neal and Miller.

Min receive: Andre Miller, Gary Neal
Den receive: J.J Barea
Milwaukee receive: Dante Cunningham (expiring contract) and future 2nd (from Min)
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Miller and Neal for JJ and Dante doesn't do it for me. Cunningham and JJ both have value to a team seeking to make a playoff push late this season. We have to maximize their value. More importantly, I'm thinking bigger. This is the time to deal Martin if we can get a talented young player like Waiters also with someone like Miles. Martin's trade value is questionable because of the length of his contract at age 31, but I think he has bonus value now as a player who could put a contending team in the East into the playoffs yet this season. That's why it's important to trade him now if we can get an acceptable return.

I'd like to see us trade Martin and a 2nd rounder for Waiters and Miles and trade JJ and another second rounder to Milwaukee foe Neal.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Bleed suggested Dante and Budinger for Mayo. I'd do that one.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

lipoli390 wrote:Bleed suggested Dante and Budinger for Mayo. I'd do that one.

I would also do JJ and Cunningham for OJ Mayo. I think they regret signing him. He would still be a fit here. If we could couple that with a trade to the Cavs for Waiter we would be pretty solid.

Waiters would be the 6th man with Mayo and Miles playing the SG/SF.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Can someone tell me why Waiters is so desirable at this point especially considering many of you want to trade our 3rd, sometimes second leading scorer for him? He is a sophomore who already has an attitude issue and hasn't really improved on his rookie year outside of 3pt % which seems fluky to me given how little his total FG% has gone up and his FT % has gone way down. Beyond youth, I can't think of anything because he is an undersized 2 who is a volume scorer, scoring 14-15 points on 13 shots basically for 2 years. I'd be fine trading for him to be our 3rd guard off the bench replacing JJ, but there is no way I give up Martin's offense for him. Martin is simply a better scoring option right now than Waiters. Not to mention Martin is a perfect 6th man if Waiters proves he can be a 3 and D guy with some shot creating abilities. I would rather give up Bud or Brewer for Waiters than Martin. I tried concocting a 4 team deal, but it was too complicated to tie down. The essentials would have been Waiters to MN, Mayo to Cleveland, JJ to Washington and whatever Milwaukee would want for Mayo (I was thinking Brewer and Glen Rice Jr. maybe).
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

khans2k5 wrote:Can someone tell me why Waiters is so desirable at this point especially considering many of you want to trade our 3rd, sometimes second leading scorer for him? He is a sophomore who already has an attitude issue and hasn't really improved on his rookie year outside of 3pt % which seems fluky to me given how little his total FG% has gone up and his FT % has gone way down. Beyond youth, I can't think of anything because he is an undersized 2 who is a volume scorer, scoring 14-15 points on 13 shots basically for 2 years. I'd be fine trading for him to be our 3rd guard off the bench replacing JJ, but there is no way I give up Martin's offense for him. Martin is simply a better scoring option right now than Waiters. Not to mention Martin is a perfect 6th man if Waiters proves he can be a 3 and D guy with some shot creating abilities. I would rather give up Bud or Brewer for Waiters than Martin. I tried concocting a 4 team deal, but it was too complicated to tie down. The essentials would have been Waiters to MN, Mayo to Cleveland, JJ to Washington and whatever Milwaukee would want for Mayo (I was thinking Brewer and Glen Rice Jr. maybe).

I agree 100% about not trading Martin for Waiters. Martin is better than Waiters. If we want another volume shooter with an attitude, Waiters might be perfect, but most of us know that efficient scoring normally wins in the NBA.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Bleed suggested Dante and Budinger for Mayo. I'd do that one.

I would also do JJ and Cunningham for OJ Mayo. I think they regret signing him. He would still be a fit here. If we could couple that with a trade to the Cavs for Waiter we would be pretty solid.

Waiters would be the 6th man with Mayo and Miles playing the SG/SF.

I agree.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Kahn's and Mark -- You make good points on why we shouldn't trade Martin for Waiters and I would love to get Waiters without giving up Martin but I don't think it's realistic. So I'd still do the Martin plus a 2nd rounder for Waiters and Miles deal. Here are my reasons:

1. We get two talented players who have been productive, which this team needs given our lack of depth.

2. Waiters gives us athleticism and dribble penetration scoring that we need and Miles adds even more athleticism and a 2-way player at the wing, which we also need.

3. Waiters' youth compared to Martin makes Waiters a better long term asset.

4. Waiters has a much more team-friendly contract than Martin and I think Martin's contract will prove to be an anchor around the neck of this franchise given it's length and Martin's combination of age and injury history.