Agree or disagree

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheOldMet [enjin:6691545]

Agree or disagree

Post by TheOldMet [enjin:6691545] »

I was looking at the schedule a couple days ago and I was thinking that this team has to go 8 and 2 over their next 10 games. That would put them at 30-24. I think this is the only way the Wolves realistically have a chance to make the playoffs. Does anyone else feel the same way I do?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Agree or disagree

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

An 8-2 record over the next 10 would be huge for our playoff push, but I won't say it's the only way we can get there. We have a rough February, but March looks pretty winnable. If we could survive February a game or two above .500 and then take care of March, we'd be in the playoffs.

January
vs NO: W
vs MEM: L
February
@ ATL: W
vs LAL: W
@ OKC: L
@ NO: W
vs POR: W
vs HOU: L
vs DEN: W
vs IND: L
@ UTA: W
@ POR: L
@ PHO: W

This is about how I see it and I'd gladly take a 30-27 record through February. Every game in March (16 games) looks winnable to me with a few coin flips. That's where our run will come, I think. It didn't happen in January, but hopefully they take care of business the next "easy stretch".
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I don't see any chance of the Wolves going 8-2 with or without Pek, but I also don't see 8-2 as the only path to the playoffs. The playoffs are getting more remote, especially with Memphis playing so well and Phoenix weathering the loss of Bledsoe. That said, this club is potent enough to go on a run at any time, so I think they just have to hang around in Feb and then get hot in March.

The Pek loss is a blow, but I'm going to try a different angle. Was Turiaf's career-best game just random, or does Ricky make a center's job ridiculously easy? I love Pek. but I've commented before that he should give some of his $12 million to Ricky, because Ricky sets him up so well. Turiaf is clumsy to be sure, but he almost looked like a legit NBA offensive player doing the PnR with Rubio. If they can keep it going, and the combo of Dieng/Turiaf really is better defensively than Pek/Turiaf, we may find the next two weeks easier to get through than we might be thinking right now.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I think it is way too difficult to predict based on how even teams in the west seem to be right now. There are six teams that look to be vying for the final three spots in the West. With Memphis surging, they look like one of the likely winners, and certainly GS is another, but none look like locks. Dallas, Phoenix, Denver and us all have significant weaknesses so anything can happen at this point. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a team get in with 44-45 wins.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Jrue Holliday and Ryan Anderson are OUT tonight for New Orleans. We should win tonight.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:Jrue Holliday and Ryan Anderson are OUT tonight for New Orleans. We should win tonight.

They played last night. Then traveled to get to MN.

Davis injured his hand. There are no excuses for not winning tonight for MN.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Yep, there's no reason we shouldn't win by 20. Their injuries are much costlier than ours, they're playing BTB, and we're just better than they are.

But then there was that Sacramento game a few weeks ago...
TheOldMet [enjin:6691545]

Post by TheOldMet [enjin:6691545] »

8-2 may be tough now that Pek is out but I believe its now or never. This team has to start playing with a little more edge. No easy baskets. No layups. The eighth seed is going to need 46 wins.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

OldMet....To your points...its up to Adelman and his coaching and rotational plan for us to win these games. I am one to believe this team, if under a different coach could already have a better record and its Adelmans inability to develop and put the correct players in this season so far is why we are playing .500 ball. We have the talent, we need the coaching to be better.