Kevin Love named as an All-Star starter

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
mjs34

Re: Kevin Love named as an All-Star starter

Post by mjs34 »

A funny or disturbing contrast on the BTB thing. I was watching an interview with Terry Stotts, and he was asked about playing 4 games in 5 nights on the gulf coast road trip and he said it didn't matter, and that the team was used to playing in BTB's. Compare that with the constant comments by Adelman about our schedule, and I have to question if that doesn't affect the teams mindset.

If the wolves can either take the ball out of Lillards hands, or hope for him having an off night, they should have a very good chance of pulling out a win. Portland is a very good fourth quarter team, which doesn't exactly play to our strengths.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Anybody think the coaches give Pek a nod? It'd come down to Duncan, Dirk and Pek for the last reserve spot. With how Pek's played, he deserves it over those two, but he won't get it. :(

As for Aldridge getting revenge, I think his comments might/should increase Love and Pek's motivation. I expect Love to play like a top-five player and prove that he's the best PF in the world. As for winning the game, let's hope Rubio plays like he did against Utah and Kevin Martin's finger doesn't affect him. He practiced yesterday and said it's fine and good to go.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Anyone think this has an effect on Love staying?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Anyone think this has an effect on Love staying?

I think it might have a LITTLE effect, but in the end not a major factor I think. I mean, from January 9th to yesterday the votes looked like:

From Jan 9th,
1. Kevin Durant (OKC) 1,054,209
2. Dwight Howard (Hou) 509,116
3. Blake Griffin (LAC) 500,964
4. Kevin Love (Min) 483,031

Yesterday.
1. Kevin Durant (OKC) 1,396,294
2. Blake Griffin (LAC) 688,466
3. Kevin Love (Min) 661,246
4. Dwight Howard (Hou) 653,318

That's a HUGE swing in favor of Love. Has to have shown Kevin that the fan base is all the way behind him.

Quotes from Love:

"I want to sincerely thank all of the fans who voted this year... I am extremely honored to represent the T-Wolves."

"It's very humbling to be starting in the All-Star game. I've got to tip my hat to the fans in the Twin Cities."

"It's not just me, it's a lot of guys on the team. Hopefully in the 2nd half of the year we're going to be able to do some damage."

"I would love to bring Pek with me (to the All-Star game). If he doesn't make the game, maybe he can be my bodyguard down there."