Kevin Love Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
m4gor [enjin:6667447]

Re: Kevin Love Trade Ideas

Post by m4gor [enjin:6667447] »

what about Bucks? Love for unprotected first rounder + Giannis + thrash to match contract?
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

all bad ideas. This team is still better with Love then anyone we can get for Love

alexftbl8181 wrote:all bad ideas. This team is still better with Love then anyone we can get for Love

And when he walks away for nothing? As we apparently are unable to make playoffs and we dont have assets to get stronger in the offseason other than signing some FAs. And we are definitely not attractive location for anybody meaningful. As what is our perspective? 65yo coach and main star on the move anyway and then many years of struggles

If we not cash in on Love and he walks away for nothing rebuild would be like 5 years longer. Two years in a row our front office fumbled the ball horribly in the offseason.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

alexftbl8181 wrote:all bad ideas. This team is still better with Love then anyone we can get for Love

Sure. But Love is leaving after next season. We can pretend that he won't sign elsewhere. But, he's not resigning in Minnesota.

1) He voiced his displeasure when Kahn refused to give him the max deal... despite being a star and BEGGING to stay with the worst team in the league. That's a bit of a slap.

2) The Wojo article. He wants to play for a winner. The Wolves aren't winning. And, there's no hidden hope on the horizon. Is Martin going to suddenly get better? Brewer? Turiaf? Barea? Pekovic... sure, maybe. But what's his ceiling? Rubio? At this point, that was the ace in the hole... but he'd be bucking NBA history if he turns out to be near an all star.
The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341]

Post by The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341] »

I'd be all for any trade involving Ibaka. I think he'd be a perfect fit offensively and defensively next to Pek. He also has the athleticism to make use of Rubio's passing at the rim.

Based on our record and the fact we're at this record while remaining healthy I don't see any chance this team makes it above a 7/8 seed even next year. With that in mind there is nearly 0 chance Love stays here so at this point we have to seriously consider trading Love for whatever we can get. I think his value is currently at its peak so I'd say trade him while his value is high.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Sure. But Love is leaving after next season. We can pretend that he won't sign elsewhere. But, he's not resigning in Minnesota.

1) He voiced his displeasure when Kahn refused to give him the max deal... despite being a star and BEGGING to stay with the worst team in the league. That's a bit of a slap.

2) The Wojo article. He wants to play for a winner. The Wolves aren't winning. And, there's no hidden hope on the horizon. Is Martin going to suddenly get better? Brewer? Turiaf? Barea? Pekovic... sure, maybe. But what's his ceiling? Rubio? At this point, that was the ace in the hole... but he'd be bucking NBA history if he turns out to be near an all star.

I'm 100% convinced that this is true, and we are better off finding the best deal we can get for Love. Yes, we are better with Love...who wouldn't be, he is a special player. But we will never get a better deal for him than we can get right now, and I hope that Flip is exploring all options. Love is going to do what is best for him, and I don't begrudge him that. Money will not be the driving force...he has already made enough money to put him on easy street forever. But what he doesn't have is a winning team, and that is eating him up inside. So when his obligation to the Wolves is up, he will go to the place that gives him the best chance of getting a ring. Location and money will be far down the list of his criteria...it will only be about chance of winning. And that isn't in Target Center. Get what you can now, Flip.

The Rage Monster wrote:I'd be all for any trade involving Ibaka. I think he'd be a perfect fit offensively and defensively next to Pek. He also has the athleticism to make use of Rubio's passing at the rim.

Based on our record and the fact we're at this record while remaining healthy I don't see any chance this team makes it above a 7/8 seed even next year. With that in mind there is nearly 0 chance Love stays here so at this point we have to seriously consider trading Love for whatever we can get. I think his value is currently at its peak so I'd say trade him while his value is high.

considering Ibaka's contract, i dont think that OKC would even trade Ibaka for Love straight up, Ibaka is 24yo he is improving every single year, and i dont think Love would get his touches and shots next to Westbrook and KD, btw. Ibaka is .340 3pt shooter so adjust his numbers by racking up 6.4 3PTAs per game and you got your 20+ppg player anyway :-D
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

m4gor wrote:
The Rage Monster wrote:I'd be all for any trade involving Ibaka. I think he'd be a perfect fit offensively and defensively next to Pek. He also has the athleticism to make use of Rubio's passing at the rim.

considering Ibaka's contract, i dont think that OKC would even trade Ibaka for Love straight up, Ibaka is 24yo he is improving every single year, and i dont think Love would get his touches and shots next to Westbrook and KD, btw. Ibaka is .340 3pt shooter so adjust his numbers by racking up 6.4 3PTAs per game and you got your 20+ppg player anyway :-D

You're crazy. OKC would boot Ibaka out of their locker room immediately if they could get Love for him. Love's the far superior player and it's not even close. Ibaka can't create his own offense; Love can. Ibaka's not a reliable three-point shooter; Love is. Ibaka's a pretty decent rebounder; Love's the best in the game. Ibaka's not known for passing; Love's a top-three passing big man.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

where is he going to sign that puts him on a winning team?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

alexftbl8181 wrote:where is he going to sign that puts him on a winning team?

A lot of parts can be moved. Quickly.