Rubio has had enough chances I am done with him

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Rubio has had enough chances I am done with him

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

This isn't a black or white problem. Is Ricky elite in some areas? Yes. Is he horrific in another area? Yes. Does he help the team while he's on the court in general? Yes. Does he hinder the team in tight games near the end? Perhaps.

All I know is that he's the best PG we have on the squad right now.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Q12543 wrote:This isn't a black or white problem. Is Ricky elite in some areas? Yes. Is he horrific in another area? Yes. Does he help the team while he's on the court in general? Yes. Does he hinder the team in tight games near the end? Perhaps.

All I know is that he's the best PG we have on the squad right now.

AJ Price's mom probably disagrees with you.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Abe, the real question is whether AJ would be an upgrade over JJ? I still favor JJ for the moment, but the fact I'm even asking it with a straight face is somewhat disturbing.....
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I think JJ is better player, but AJ might be ab upgrade over JJ because he might not try to do to much.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

How many minutes does Ricky play without Love and Pek on the floor? Id be curious to see how his +\- is affected by that.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Jason Kidd was a career 400 shooter, and when he came in the league shot 350-360. He couldn't finish at the rim. He also shot .670 in FT's. He's special. I will be patient.

I never believed in Kidd until I saw him play live and saw how defenses had to adjust to him.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

leado01 wrote:Jason Kidd was a career 400 shooter, and when he came in the league shot 350-360. He couldn't finish at the rim. He also shot .670 in FT's. He's special. I will be patient.

I never believed in Kidd until I saw him play live and saw how defenses had to adjust to him.

Well defenses do adjust to Rubio. They completely ignore him on the offensive side of the ball. Did defenses ever do that with Kidd?
m4gor [enjin:6667447]

Post by m4gor [enjin:6667447] »

Rubio is allowing 25pts per 48 minutes at 21 PER to his opponent, that is big drop off from his rookie numbers and it is actually quite a bad number in comparison to other starting PGs around the league, this is what scares me most ..
His offensive game has not improved much if at all, and it is hard to see him as an elite defender either, so why he is starting PG in the NBA? ..
Btw. Any idea why he is so much worse defender? Did he lost some speed/lateral quickness permanently after ACL?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

leado01 wrote:Jason Kidd was a career 400 shooter, and when he came in the league shot 350-360. He couldn't finish at the rim. He also shot .670 in FT's. He's special. I will be patient.

That's not accurate.

Jason Kidd shot 39% his first season. And 70% from the line.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

m4gor wrote:Rubio is allowing 25pts per 48 minutes at 21 PER to his opponent, that is big drop off from his rookie numbers and it is actually quite a bad number in comparison to other starting PGs around the league, this is what scares me most ..
His offensive game has not improved much if at all, and it is hard to see him as an elite defender either, so why he is starting PG in the NBA? ..
Btw. Any idea why he is so much worse defender? Did he lost some speed/lateral quickness permanently after ACL?

I always thought he was overrated as a defender. I wonder how he would fair against SG's.