Kevin Love Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed

Re: Kevin Love Trade Ideas

Post by bleedspeed »

We should try and trade Martin for Waiters before we trade Love.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I remember seeing rumors of a Love for Griffin trade. While I think Love has more value, I would definitely consider something like that. We would have to get something else back in the deal (Crawford). If Love was going to re-sign with us I would stick with him, but I believe Griffin has another 3 years on his deal with an option for a fourth so we wouldn't have to worry about him walking away for quite some time.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

sjm34 wrote:I remember seeing rumors of a Love for Griffin trade. While I think Love has more value, I would definitely consider something like that. We would have to get something else back in the deal (Crawford). If Love was going to re-sign with us I would stick with him, but I believe Griffin has another 3 years on his deal with an option for a fourth so we wouldn't have to worry about him walking away for quite some time.

Bill Simmons proposed it a while back I believe. I'm not the biggest fan of him or that idea, but it's better than getting completely shafted. Griffin would work well with Rubio, but it doesn't fix anything defensively and we don't get a young prospect with good upside either.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Not even going to think about this until the offseason.
worldK

Post by worldK »

We should keep love, rubio and pek until at least trade deadline next season. Those 3 are rare breeds in the league in terms of their skills. All 3 have big holes in their game as well( Rim protection for love+ pek, shooting for rubio) which is why getting quality players around them is key. Currently, the parts dont fit with them. We need length and athleticism at the wings and the front court to compliment the 3.

What we should do is look to trade martin and jj. Dont hesitate to add brewer, dante, mbah a moute,bazz or any other player besides the core 3 of love/rubio/pek. Lets try to build around those 3 one last time before we trade any of them.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Just saw that Griffin gets the 30% max deal, and also has a 15% trade kicker on top of that. That kind of salary would likely cripple the wolves going forward. It would make it even tougher to build around than what we have with Love.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

worldK wrote:We should keep love, rubio and pek until at least trade deadline next season. Those 3 are rare breeds in the league in terms of their skills. All 3 have big holes in their game as well( Rim protection for love+ pek, shooting for rubio) which is why getting quality players around them is key. Currently, the parts dont fit with them. We need length and athleticism at the wings and the front court to compliment the 3.

What we should do is look to trade martin and jj. Dont hesitate to add brewer, dante, mbah a moute,bazz or any other player besides the core 3 of love/rubio/pek. Lets try to build around those 3 one last time before we trade any of them.

World -- I agree with you. My only slight caveat is that I'd be open to a deal involving Love, Pek or Ricky as early as next offseason depending on what we could get in return.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Griffin is not going to stay in MN when his deal is up. He has been a big market player his whole career. Why would he stay in MN just because we trade for him? We would just be postponing a rebuild by a few years. Griffin is guaranteed 2 more years beyond Love. Then he is going to leave just like Love and we will have to make yet another trade. We'd be better off making any current trade with Love for someone on their rookie deal or a high draft pick because then we control that player's destiny for a lot longer. I wouldn't take Love wanting to stay there into consideration either unless it was a situation like the Lakers get the number 1 pick. There has to be a very high lottery team looking for a star over another pick. Milwaukee was not planning to be this bad this year, so why couldn't we do a top 3 pick pretty much guaranteed and Henson (who would fit really well next to Pek) for Love? Both guys we'd get back would be here for at least 6 more years. Love would be able to work next to Sanders (assuming Sanders doesn't have a complete meltdown which appears a possibility at this point) and they have Mayo and Giannis. We'd get Wiggins or Parker to give us a starting 3 and one of the best shot blocking 4's in the game to go next to Pek in Henson. Then we just have to find a taker for one of our overpriced wings and we get back on track. We get a huge salary dump as well to find better supporting pieces to go with that roster hopefully for cheaper. I think the deal would be the end of Adelman's tenure, but at this point we aren't winning a title with him anyway, so it can't hurt to try to rebuild the team a little quicker with two players with as high a potential as Henson and Wiggins or Parker. Milwaukee isn't the only team I could see wanting a better win now player than a higher draft pick as well. We just have to hope one of them is delusional that they can retain Love and we would be good to go.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I don't see Milwaukee being that foolish. If he doesn't wanna stay in Sota, he sure as hell doesn't wanna stay in Milwaukee. I'd like that Henson/pick trade, though. But again, unlikely..
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

khans2k5 wrote:Griffin is not going to stay in MN when his deal is up. He has been a big market player his whole career. Why would he stay in MN just because we trade for him? We would just be postponing a rebuild by a few years. Griffin is guaranteed 2 more years beyond Love. Then he is going to leave just like Love and we will have to make yet another trade. We'd be better off making any current trade with Love for someone on their rookie deal or a high draft pick because then we control that player's destiny for a lot longer. I wouldn't take Love wanting to stay there into consideration either unless it was a situation like the Lakers get the number 1 pick. There has to be a very high lottery team looking for a star over another pick. Milwaukee was not planning to be this bad this year, so why couldn't we do a top 3 pick pretty much guaranteed and Henson (who would fit really well next to Pek) for Love? Both guys we'd get back would be here for at least 6 more years. Love would be able to work next to Sanders (assuming Sanders doesn't have a complete meltdown which appears a possibility at this point) and they have Mayo and Giannis. We'd get Wiggins or Parker to give us a starting 3 and one of the best shot blocking 4's in the game to go next to Pek in Henson. Then we just have to find a taker for one of our overpriced wings and we get back on track. We get a huge salary dump as well to find better supporting pieces to go with that roster hopefully for cheaper. I think the deal would be the end of Adelman's tenure, but at this point we aren't winning a title with him anyway, so it can't hurt to try to rebuild the team a little quicker with two players with as high a potential as Henson and Wiggins or Parker. Milwaukee isn't the only team I could see wanting a better win now player than a higher draft pick as well. We just have to hope one of them is delusional that they can retain Love and we would be good to go.

I understand your point on Griffin leaving, but no matter who we get, we may have to deal with that. At least we have the two additional years, and also have him in his prime. Getting a rookie, who needs a couple seasons to develop is just wasting those two years, and you have to consider Pek's age if we are keeping him. If we go the rookie route, we might as well move Pek too. I think there is zero chance of Love re-signing in Mil, or any rebuilding team for that matter, so getting a top pick is highly unlikely.

I don't understand the six years on Henson and a rookie though.