No Vikings fans here?

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: No Vikings fans here?

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

TheGrey08 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:Meanwhile, Peterson continues to show his ignorance. The hypocrisy of a guy who has publicly judged and indicated his disapproval of people of the same gender choosing to marry, and then asks others not to judge him for abusing a 4-year-old, is too ironic for words. Every time he opens his mouth, he provides further proof that he just doesn't get it.

https://twitter.com/AdrianPeterson/status/511198837449711616

I don't recall seeing any evidence of him judging anyone based on sexual preference. All he said was that he didn't believe in it and to each their own. That's far from judging.

I think that's a fair comment, grey...disapproval is different than judging, and AP's comment on this issue fell more in the former category. I accept your premise, and withdraw my comment.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

I've always been a Vikings fan, but haven't done much message board stuff since ESPN closed down theirs.

As for Peterson, I think it's total bullshit. No ordinary person would have to worry about their job or have to take time off for a case like this. Sure I believe he took a spanking too far (which he sought counseling for), but that's not something that should interfere with his job. It's a BS double standard that famous people have to deal with. Some PoS leaked pics on the internet making everything public and causing TONS of public opinion & judgement. A lot of people think he did wrong, some even want to see him practically hang for it, but make no mistake about it, if they were to end up releasing him and he gets black balled it will severely blow up in the NFLs face. There's a large portion of the population that whether they feel he was right or wrong with his discipline that would be outraged if he lost his job b/c of it.

Lastly, there's a big difference between straight up punching your gf/fiance in the face and hitting your kid with a switch too hard and too many times.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

longstrangetrip wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:
I don't recall seeing any evidence of him judging anyone based on sexual preference. All he said was that he didn't believe in it and to each their own. That's far from judging.

I think that's a fair comment, grey...disapproval is different than judging, and AP's comment on this issue fell more in the former category. I accept your premise, and withdraw my comment.

I greatly respect that man. I forgot to mention this is coming from someone with a gay mom so I've had to deal with this topic for almost 20 years. I don't tolerate judging or bashing of homosexuality even from the best RB on the planet. lol
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

TheGrey08 wrote:I've always been a Vikings fan, but haven't done much message board stuff since ESPN closed down theirs.

As for Peterson, I think it's total bullshit. No ordinary person would have to worry about their job or have to take time off for a case like this. Sure I believe he took a spanking too far (which he sought counseling for), but that's not something that should interfere with his job. It's a BS double standard that famous people have to deal with. Some PoS leaked pics on the internet making everything public and causing TONS of public opinion & judgement. A lot of people think he did wrong, some even want to see him practically hang for it, but make no mistake about it, if they were to end up releasing him and he gets black balled it will severely blow up in the NFLs face. There's a large portion of the population that whether they feel he was right or wrong with his discipline that would be outraged if he lost his job b/c of it.

Lastly, there's a big difference between straight up punching your gf/fiance in the face and hitting your kid with a switch too hard and too many times.

Disagree with the normal person worrying about their job in the same situation. AP was put in jail but he was able to post the 15k bail money easily. A normal person probably doesn't have that money and is sitting in jail until the trial. I would think normal jobs would let someone go for missing that much time
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

alexftbl8181 wrote:
Disagree with the normal person worrying about their job in the same situation. AP was put in jail but he was able to post the 15k bail money easily. A normal person probably doesn't have that money and is sitting in jail until the trial. I would think normal jobs would let someone go for missing that much time

I doubt it would be 15k bail for the average person. Everything is different when it's a public figure.