The "I Hate These Jerseys" Game Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: The "I Hate These Jerseys" Game Thread

Post by Lipoli390 »

Love's performance tonight had nothing to do with thoughts of playing for the Lakers. If anything, it was the competitive matchup with Griffin that gave Love extra motivation. Love came up big recently against Aldridge for the same reason -- a game that wasn't played in LA.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I'd actually try to move everyone except Love and Pek. Lot of good chemistry there.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Just saw Love's post-game locker room interview. I've never seen him so pissed. He called out Martin without mentioning his name.

What did he say? Don't need an exact quote, but what did he hint?

Cam -- three things stood out and I'm paraphrasing:

1. We have to start taking things seriously

2. We have to execute and take care of the ball

3. When asked to be specific he said, "that's a loaded question but you saw the game." That's almost verbatim what he said. Clearly aimed at Martin.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Love sounded like a guy that wants out. I have never seen him so disappointed.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Cam -- I think you're right about not getting fair value for Pek. And I agree with you about the chemistry between them. Rubio is the guy who could get us a good return, although I hate to give up on him unless we get something really good in return. I think we should focus on shopping Martin, Barea, Shabazz and Dieng.

Remember that deep three from Jamal at the end of the third...? Second time it's been a big factor.

*Still blaiming Martin for tonight's loss. Just reminding everyone how huge that was.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Martin has been struggling over the last couple of weeks, which makes me wonder why we threw the ball into the backcourt to a guy that isn't a particularly good ball handler. It was a bad decision not to pass to the front court when the double team was coming, but after his last pass, I can understand his hesitation.

Add Cunningham as a surprise nominee to my shit list. Remember the big Jared Dudley three ball? Yeah...

Start of the possession:
-Mbah a Moute's on Paul who's driving baseline with no where to go.
-Love's on Jordan, who's rolling to the rim.
-Brewer's on Crawford, staying put on the left wing (arc).
-Rubio's on Collison in the corner.
-Cunningham's on Dudley at the top of the arc.

Paul drives left with Jordan rolling, but no passing lane in sight for Paul. Cunningham crashed down and left Dudley all alone for absolutely no reason. Rubio and Brewer stay at home with their shooters. Paul sees Cunningham and flips a dart over his shoulder to Dudley who has drifted to the right wing for the WIDE OPEN three. Minnesota was up two with 44 seconds left to play in OT. This play was a game-changer.

To be short, Cunningham didn't need to help at all on Jordan rolling to the basket. Left Dudley open and he made us pay. Stupid move from Dante to go along with Martin's blunders.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

lipoli390 wrote:Doper - I was i Italy thinking we should consider dealing Love next summer and try to re-tool. But I've changed my mind. Love is simple too good. We need to do everything possible to improve the supporting cast around him. At this point that means everyone else on this roster should be considered available for the right return. Yes, even Ricky and Pek. But I'd start by shopping Martin along with Barea, Shabazz and Dieng leading up to the Feb trade deadline. All those guys should have trade value to certain contending teams. I don't have anything specific in mind and maybe it would be best to wait until the summer. But maybe we can do something similar to what McHale did when he acquired Cassell and Sprewell to join with KG.

I hope you're enjoying your time in Italy, Lip...gotta love that autocorrect :) .

Missed the game but based on the box and the comments on here. it must have been a barnburner. Gotta agree with Doper that it was a terrible decision to put the ball in Martin's hands just to pick up a few percentage points at the line.

Disappointing loss, but it's a relief to have the 10-game (that became 9) stretch from Hell over. I'm sure must of us would have taken a 4-5 record a couple weeks ago.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

lipoli390 wrote:Cam -- I think you're right about not getting fair value for Pek. And I agree with you about the chemistry between them. Rubio is the guy who could get us a good return, although I hate to give up on him unless we get something really good in return. I think we should focus on shopping Martin, Barea, Shabazz and Dieng.

I'm convinced Rubio would give us great value in return. I'm not completely comfortable with trading him, but also not convinced he will ever be the player we thought he might be. But his boyish charm and propensity to make the flashy pass make him a commodity more valuable than what he can provide on the court. I guess I would be in favor of Flip seeing what kind of return we can get for him. Many more scoreless games like tonight are only going to decrease his trade value.