AP arrested

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Re: AP arrested

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

The Rage Monster wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:your comparison is so outlandish, that it doesn't warrant a response

It is hardly outlandish, injuries happen all the time. You are either incapable of making the simple connection or more likely you don't want to make the connection, either way it's a shame.

of course injuries happen all the time. But if your trying to say that the two situations you presented should count as the same is not only not the same in a legal sense, or even a common sense one.

Hell you could say a kid didn't want to get into the car on the way to the dentist. On the way to the dentist your read ended by a car and your child is injured.

AP didn't hit his kid just once, but reported at least 13 times. Thats comparable to your situation that if after that kid broke his leg, that the parent made him go out and finish the game
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:I'm more proud to be a Vikings fan this morning than I was yesterday. I think the Vikings made the right decision. Time to get out those Matt Asiata jerseys. Lol

Me too, monster. Even if the Vikings were forced into the right move by sponsors backing out and pressure from local pols, I still give them credit for eventually making the right move.

There's plenty of room for compassion here. Certainly for the frightened and scarred little boys, but also for AP. Yeah, I know he's going to get paid almost a million a game while he sits out, but as more stories come out about his abusive dad, we need to recognize that he was once one of those frightened little 4-year-olds too, and he carries the trauma into his misguided, abusive parenting. The cycle needs to stop.

Here's what I hope happens. AP is guided into 6 weeks of intensive therapy, anger management and parenting classes, and after six weeks, he makes a sincere, apologetic public statement (with help from his lawyer, of course) and the Vikings activate him. Everyone wins in that scenario...the NFL, Viking fans, AP and most importantly, all of AP's kids who may eventually be able to trust rather than fear their dad.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

A couple weeks back there was an uproar over that phone conversation AP had with Jerry Jones. Anybody else wondering if AP, knowing of the likelihood of a coming indictment was testing the waters in anticipation of being cut? What else would lead AP into thinking he was going to be free to play for another team while other teams would still want him?
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:I'm more proud to be a Vikings fan this morning than I was yesterday. I think the Vikings made the right decision. Time to get out those Matt Asiata jerseys. Lol

Me too, monster. Even if the Vikings were forced into the right move by sponsors backing out and pressure from local pols, I still give them credit for eventually making the right move.

There's plenty of room for compassion here. Certainly for the frightened and scarred little boys, but also for AP. Yeah, I know he's going to get paid almost a million a game while he sits out, but as more stories come out about his abusive dad, we need to recognize that he was once one of those frightened little 4-year-olds too, and he carries the trauma into his misguided, abusive parenting. The cycle needs to stop.

Here's what I hope happens. AP is guided into 6 weeks of intensive therapy, anger management and parenting classes, and after six weeks, he makes a sincere, apologetic public statement (with help from his lawyer, of course) and the Vikings activate him. Everyone wins in that scenario...the NFL, Viking fans, AP and most importantly, all of AP's kids who may eventually be able to trust rather than fear their dad.

I could see parenting classes, but I haven't heard or read anything that suggests he needs anger management, or intensive therapy. I think he should receive some type of penal punishment, parenting classes as you suggested and then move on. I will never condone the severity of the punishment on a 4 year old boy, but I can't believe how everyone is blowing this out of proportion.

Thank god the Vikings "Got it right". ~