2013 Offseason Assessment of Flip

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: 2013 Offseason Assessment of Flip

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

There's a slight difference, though. Denver never had a good halfcourt offense. They relied heavily on fastbreak offense. Also, Golden State doesn't have the creator we have. Steph's nice don't get me wrong, but Rubio does a much better job of making his teammates better.

I get the point you're making. I think Rubio and our dominant rebounding advantage under the rim could set us apart, however.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

I like what flip did but my one problem with it we don't have a shut down wing defender, I mean when it matters late in games is brewer going to be able to contain Durant
Squishypoo [enjin:6648839]

Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

kekgeek1 wrote:I like what flip did but my one problem with it we don't have a shut down wing defender, I mean when it matters late in games is brewer going to be able to contain Durant

Can anyone contain Durant?

kekgeek1 wrote:I like what flip did but my one problem with it we don't have a shut down wing defender, I mean when it matters late in games is brewer going to be able to contain Durant

Deny ball as hard as possible. Maybe flash a double his way and make him pass the ball. Adelman will figure it out when the situation presents itself.

Yeah, pretty good point there from ilMNs. The LBJ/KD/Melo trio is tough to guard with no matter who you have.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Camden wrote:Yeah, pretty good point there from ilMNs. The LBJ/KD/Melo trio is tough to guard with no matter who you have.

I agree with you guys, but do we have anyone who is going to make it difficult on Durnat/Melo/LBJ and company, like AK could or Kawhi or Paul George. I just can't see Brewer being able to make it difficult on those guys all night.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I would say we should try and get a guy like Ronnie Brewer and have him focus completely on that. He could be our Trenton Hassell. Solid one on one defender.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/669792-chicago-bulls-ronnie-brewer-snubbed-in-defensive-player-of-the-year-voting

Ronnie Brewer sucks. Even the thing he's supposed to be good at isn't as good as advertised anymore. I'll pass on him. No thank you.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Camden wrote:Ronnie Brewer sucks. Even the thing he's supposed to be good at isn't as good as advertised anymore. I'll pass on him. No thank you.

I think he would have a role as a defender here even with Corey Brewer. They play a different style defense. I think we could use someone like him over another PG. JJ and Shved can cover backup PG duties.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

I give Flip a A minus for the offseason asuming he resigns Pek.

If you look at what he's done with the roster from this season to last season is he's filled in the holes. We were a terrible 3 point shooting team, now we should be in the top half of this catergory. We had no shooting guards, now we have a very good one in Martin and good depth with Shved, Brewer and Muhammad. All we've really lost is an aging AK and a few irrelevant role players. I did also question the chemistry between AK and Love in the few games I saw them play together last season.

To me Brewer was a great addition. We need players who can run the floor with Rubio and Brewer is a great match next to him. Martin becomes arguably the best SG this team has ever had and gives us pure, efficient shooting, which again is exactly what we needed next to Rubio. The starting trio of Rubio, Martin and Brewer next to our powerhouse front court of Love and Pek has me very excited.

I was fine with the draft. Taking Muhammad at 14 was a no brainer, and moving up to get Dieng allowed us to let Steamer walk. I wasn't too happy about giving away the 26th for cash, but we unloaded Lee's contract which may have been hard to unload with his recent injury struggles. Dieng would not have been available at 26 like some posters have suggested. Lorenzo Brown could become a 2nd round steal.

Sure we've become weaker defensively, but offensively we have become a whole lot better and have surrounded Rubio with versatile scorers. We will have to take the GSW approach, but that got them to the Western Conference Finals this year.