2013 Offseason Assessment of Flip

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
mjs34

Re: 2013 Offseason Assessment of Flip

Post by mjs34 »

Flip actually only added Martin for three point range, otherwise we are just hoping our other guys stay healthy. I would of stayed put in the draft, but I can understand the move, I don't get the love for Lorenzo Brown. What has he done that would leave anyone to believe he would ever play a minute during the season if he makes the team?

GS didn't make the finals. It was SA and Memphis I believe. GS beat another no D team in Denver, and then was knocked out in the second round.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Good analysis of the offseason, Matt. You mentioned that we have become weaker on defense, but I would actually take issue with that. Despite his weak defensive reputation, I still see Martin as an upgrade over Ridnour simply because of his length. I admire the effort Luke put in last year, but it was frustrating watching SGs post him up or shoot over him. And I'm not convinced Brewer is a big drop-off defensively from an aging AK. Add another year of experience and better health for our other three starters, and you expect all three to perform better defensively than last year. No, we are not an elite defense by any means, but I believe we are slightly improved over last year to go with a much improved offense.
Squishypoo [enjin:6648839]

Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

sjm34 wrote:Flip actually only added Martin for three point range, otherwise we are just hoping our other guys stay healthy. I would of stayed put in the draft, but I can understand the move, I don't get the love for Lorenzo Brown. What has he done that would leave anyone to believe he would ever play a minute during the season if he makes the team?

GS didn't make the finals. It was SA and Memphis I believe. GS beat another no D team in Denver, and then was knocked out in the second round.

Don't forget GS lost one of there best players in the playoffs,David Lee,Thats like us losing KLove..Just Saying.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Golden State made it to the second round. Not the WCF. Just to clear that up.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Squishypoo wrote:
sjm34 wrote:Flip actually only added Martin for three point range, otherwise we are just hoping our other guys stay healthy. I would of stayed put in the draft, but I can understand the move, I don't get the love for Lorenzo Brown. What has he done that would leave anyone to believe he would ever play a minute during the season if he makes the team?

Don't forget GS lost one of there best players in the playoffs,David Lee,Thats like us losing KLove..Just Saying.

Gallinari was also out of Denver's lineup.

sjm34 wrote:
Squishypoo wrote:

Gallinari was also out of Denver's lineup.

I was thinking they won vs Denver?
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

They did, and Gallinari being out likely had something to do with it!
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

He's saying a healthy Lee would have been more than useful against the Spurs. Golden State would have beat Denver with or without Gallo/Lee being healthy for their respective teams.

Camden wrote:He's saying a healthy Lee would have been more than useful against the Spurs. Golden State would have beat Denver with or without Gallo/Lee being healthy for their respective teams.

Thank You.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

And the spurs would have beat GS with or without Lee!