Dennis Schroeder

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
SameOldNudityDrew

Dennis Schroeder

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Any of you guys watch him at Summer League? I knew almost nothing about this guy before the draft, but he looks like he could be a real player in the NBA. Seems to defend well, distributes very well, good floor vision, great ballhandler, very quick, good balance, total control of his body and speed and crosses guys over at will, and seems crafty finishing around the basket. He looks a LOT like Rondo, or almost like Parker out there, maybe even a little Sebastian Telfair and honestly Rubio with those passes. As with those guys, the question is always with their shot, and that'll be a question mark for him. And can he overcome his size? But you can see he's got the touch for the floater, which will be ideal for a guy like that. And he's just 19 years old but plays like a veteran, which might be the most impressive thing about him. Really exciting to watch that guy. The Hawks might make my League Pass roster next year! I hope that kid can make it in the league and make some teams regret passing on him. He looks like a fun player to watch.

Check out his passing in this Clippers game, particularly the alley-oops. Big guys are going to love playing with him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ZiMYnLnV8

Poor shooting in this game, but good defense and smart passing.
[youtube]QsqzT18WVMA[/youtube]

Hits some threes and makes some good passes in this game.
[youtube]bPj5BBr5e24[/youtube]

Not bad. Though needs to be careful not to overdribble or get reckless with the ball.
[youtube]rcSLxH4zwOE[/youtube]

This is probably the most-watched video of his from the Nike Hoop Summit.
[youtube]hW2nY2NFBbw[/youtube]

These are practice highlights, but check out his spin move in the open floor at 2:45, which I think was also in the video above. Wow.
[youtube]895hxrNZH4I[/youtube]

And of course, the obligatory DX breakdown. (I don't get "character questions" as a weakness. The guy seems to have a great head on his shoulders in those interviews.) I think the DX guy got lazy on that one.
[youtube]koDAqCWjIcw[/youtube]
worldK

Re: Dennis Schroeder

Post by worldK »

Nice to see you here drew. Look forward to you posting here. Schroeder has gotten some rondo comparison, looks intriguing.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Thanks K. Good to see you here too. I'm still wary about a new site, but with all the old familiar faces, I could get back into the swing of things. What do you think of that kid? Do you think he could become a starter? I'm not sure, but if he does, I think he'd be fun one to watch.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Drew, I think he could be a poormans version of rondo or a rich man version of telfair. He will be one of those fun to watch player, but I'm not ready yet to say he will be a starter in the league, will have to see him against nba competition to make a proper assessment.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

He will not be that good. He will be mediocre at best.

Edit: Sounds harsh, but I think he will struggle with players more athletic and strong than him.
m4gor [enjin:6667447]

Post by m4gor [enjin:6667447] »

he will be great player imho, and big part of this is going to be fact that he was drafted by Mavs, he will play with Dirk who is german sport god and he will work his ass off to please him, i claim that Schroder will be very good starting PG for Mavs in 3-4 years from now, he will add one inch of height and inch and half of wingspan as he is only 19 yo

my guess is that he will be nominated to german national team for euro championship in Slovenia so we could see him play against lets say Tony Parker in group stage
GymRat [enjin:6592663]

Post by GymRat [enjin:6592663] »

I like his style of play and his passing ability, but if you think Rondo and Rubio are bad shooters, you're in for a real treat with DS's. It's more broken than the great depression economy.
m4gor [enjin:6667447]

Post by m4gor [enjin:6667447] »

oh he was drafted by Atlanta not Mavs, sorry for that

what is wrong with his shot? he is quite good spot up shooter definitely better than Ricky ever was
Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498]

Post by Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498] »

worldK wrote:Drew, I think he could be a poormans version of rondo or a rich man version of telfair. He will be one of those fun to watch player, but I'm not ready yet to say he will be a starter in the league, will have to see him against nba competition to make a proper assessment.

So he's kinda like Darren Collison then?