Two players that can make us great

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Two players that can make us great

Post by kekgeek »

I see the wolves as a playoff team as constructed, I think the wolves are any where from a 5 to an 8 seed. There are two players on this team IMO that can turn this team into a top 4 team in the west and that is DWill and Shved.

If either of these players can take that next step into borderline all star players I think we have a shot. I know it is asking a lot, but Dwill has made improvements and I am predicting he will be named the most imporved player in the NBA this year. There might be a little homer in me there but I believe in Dwill. We have seen the flashes and I think he takes the next step.

Shved, I know at the end of last year he did not look like a NBA player at all. I am going to blame that on injury. Shved was having a great start to his rookie year, being ranked in the top three for rookie of the year occording to ESPN until he got hurt. He got hurt and it fell apart for Shved, he was not even close to the same player, and he lost his confidence also he got worn down, the first time he played a NBA full season and he also played in the Olympics. I mean look at the players who played in the olympics and missed significant time last year. (Love, Westbrook, Kobe, Nene, AK, Deng, Chandler, Melo, Ginobili, Anthony Davis) Also look at Pek it took him to his second year in the league to make a big jump, and I think that will happen to Shved, I do not think he will be a stud but I think he will be the sixth man for the wolves and if he can take the next step I think the wolves can make a run in the western conference
observerII [enjin:6598557]

Re: Two players that can make us great

Post by observerII [enjin:6598557] »

It is indeed encouraging to see that "A Midsummer NIght's Dream" still plays on.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I think the MIP will be Rubio, but not really because of "improvement" like the award calls for. I think it'll be because Rubio's numbers and popularity blossom even further due to his stats increasing. Just like K-Love and Paul George becoming stars in this league, I think this is the year for Rubio to make a mark.

D-Will hopefully takes another step in his growth, but MIP would be crazy. We'd have to see a completely different Derrick Williams than we've seen. I hope you're right though! That'd be awesome if D-Will was doing that as a SF haha.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

My dream senario is.

[list]
[*] Shved wins 6th man of the year
[*] Rubio is MIP
[*] Love is MVP
[*] DWill is an allstar at SF
[*] Shazbazz is ROY at SG (Kevin Martin misses the first 10 games of the season and can't get his spot back)
[*] Dieng is 1st Team Rookie (keeps Turiaf on the bench)
[/list]
Monster

Post by Monster »

I think Bud is a guy that COULD take a step forward over the next couple of years and become the impact type player that has had teams dying to get JJ Redick for a few years. Role player deadeye shooter enough skill to be more than a shooter, but keep from screwing things up too much. Having a guy like that either starting at SF or coming off the bench would be pretty good. I think we overpaid for him but I am ok with it, but I do think there is some reasonable upside to Bud. I am not expecting it, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he got better.
questionaire13 [enjin:6588767]

Post by questionaire13 [enjin:6588767] »

bleed you lost me at Love is MVP, with the likes of Durant & LeBron I don't think Love will ever reach that milestone, 2nd or 3rd in the running possibly but to outright win it would be nearly impossible. I think that is the least likely out of your dream scenario, but hears to hoping cheers
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

If Love averages 26 & 13 again, while the T'Wolves are a top-4 seed, I think he'd have a chance to win. Writers could get bored with giving the MVP to LeBron over and over. Happened to MJ a couple decades ago I believe.
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

It'd be a cold day in well when Love wins MVP with the Wolves. Like questionaire says 2-3 at best. In 2011-2012 he did finish 6th in the voting for a 26-40 team.

1:1,000,000 shot, "So you're saying there's a chance!"
-Wolves would have to be THE top seed in the whole league.
-Love have that same 26 & 13 year
-LeBron/Melo/Rose be relatively subpar for themselves & their teams not be at the top of the east. I don't think Paul George is going to get top tier MVP votes yet and there might be too many chefs in the kitchen in Brooklyn.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I agree foye2smtih, and we now have enough firepower that we don't need Love to put up MVP numbers. We needed those 26 points per game 2 years ago because there weren't many good options offensively. But with the emergence of Pek and even Rubio as a scorer last year, and the addition of a legitimate 18 PPG man in Martin plus more firepower out of the second unit, I would be satisfied with Love averaging 20 and 13 this year. If he does and the other guys perform as they should, we will be a very good offensive club.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Its a dream scenario. Why are you crushing his dream? LOL There are alot of unlikely scenarios there but thats why he said "Dream Scenario" :)