Summer League Playoffs Game 1- Sac-Town

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Re: Summer League Playoffs Game 1- Sac-Town

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Bazz had a solid game, but it gets ugly when he puts the ball on the deck and then shoots or tries to pass. Most of his makes came off catch and shoot and transition buckets that weren't greatly contested. He was also hidden on D for most of the game as he was rarely guarding anyone with the ball. As long as he is told to either shoot it or pass it as soon as he gets the ball he'll be fine, but as soon as he puts it on the deck it usually results in a turnover or a missed shot. Stick to what your good at during the games and work on the other stuff during practice. There's room for catch and shoot guys on the team. There isn't room for guys trying to create offense when they are bad at creating offense.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Cool, I agree with your observations about Brown and Dieng. I don't know if you saw much of Brown in college, but his shot was ugly. Someone has been working with him, because his shot looks much better.

Not only is Dieng active, but he is twice the athlete that Steamer was. We have made a major upgrade at back-up center. A lot of upside for the Senegalian I think.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Guys get paid and they just dont care.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Shabazz - 17 points on 6-10 shooting. Played pretty good defense. Hustled for loose rebounds and attempted to set up his teammates. Still had turnovers, but I'd attribute those to trying to improve his passing game. Best game of the Summer League for Shabazz. Really happy he put together a decent game.

My other guy has been Brandon Paul. I root for him every time he touches the basketball. The guy's just gritty and I like it. Hustling everywhere and his defense looks great (especially reading passing lanes). Like I said before, if the last roster spot doesn't go to Hummel, I want it to go to Paul.

Speaking of Hummel, man I hope this guy can stay healthy. They said it was just a mild ankle sprain, but damn, still a bad break in a way.

Overall good effort from our Wolves. For a while there we were up 50. That's insane.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

If today is indicative of Shabazz's potential, that is a good sign for the wolves. He has a nice looking shot and, from what I saw of the game, he runs the floor well. One of his FGs was an easy dunk at the tail end of transition. He seems more effective as a catch and shoot guy. One of his 3pts was a contested 3, but he got the pass and immediately put it up. His effort on D looked pretty good and he pulled 4 boards.

I hope this type of effort and production is what Shabazz can develop into.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Camden wrote:Shabazz - 17 points on 6-10 shooting. Played pretty good defense. Hustled for loose rebounds and attempted to set up his teammates. Still had turnovers, but I'd attribute those to trying to improve his passing game. Best game of the Summer League for Shabazz. Really happy he put together a decent game.

My other guy has been Brandon Paul. I root for him every time he touches the basketball. The guy's just gritty and I like it. Hustling everywhere and his defense looks great (especially reading passing lanes). Like I said before, if the last roster spot doesn't go to Hummel, I want it to go to Paul.

Speaking of Hummel, man I hope this guy can stay healthy. They said it was just a mild ankle sprain, but damn, still a bad break in a way.

Overall good effort from our Wolves. For a while there we were up 50. That's insane.

Yeah, I was impressed with how well the team played together, especially on defense. Our squad kept the defensive intensity in 5th gear nearly the entire time. I realize Sacramento was 0-3 going into this, but they had not lost like this yet.

longstrangetrip wrote:Cool, I agree with your observations about Brown and Dieng. I don't know if you saw much of Brown in college, but his shot was ugly. Someone has been working with him, because his shot looks much better.

Not only is Dieng active, but he is twice the athlete that Steamer was. We have made a major upgrade at back-up center. A lot of upside for the Senegalian I think.

I'm still trying to figure Dieng out a little bit. He hasn't rebounded the ball in the way I would like to see, as he seems to have a very high center of gravity and gets easily pushed out of position. He often ends up sprawled out on the floor, half the time because he's hustling, but the other half because I'm convinced he has balance/core strength issues.

I do like the fact he gets a lot of deflections - both steals and blocks. That's exactly what we'll need from him. But I would like him to be stronger in the paint and stronger with the ball.

khans2k5 wrote:Bazz had a solid game, but it gets ugly when he puts the ball on the deck and then shoots or tries to pass. Most of his makes came off catch and shoot and transition buckets that weren't greatly contested. He was also hidden on D for most of the game as he was rarely guarding anyone with the ball. As long as he is told to either shoot it or pass it as soon as he gets the ball he'll be fine, but as soon as he puts it on the deck it usually results in a turnover or a missed shot. Stick to what your good at during the games and work on the other stuff during practice. There's room for catch and shoot guys on the team. There isn't room for guys trying to create offense when they are bad at creating offense.

Yup, Shabazz's niche can eventually be a catch-and-shoot guy that can defend, IF he puts his mind to it. I do like his effort on defense, but he has a ton to learn in terms of his technique and discipline.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I missed the game tonight. Thanks for all the observations and insights. Sounds like Shabazz had a good game.
jmiller21kg [enjin:6700568]

Post by jmiller21kg [enjin:6700568] »

McLemore 0-8.

Nice game by Shabazz and the team as a whole.