Hummel or Brown?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Hummel or Brown?

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Assuming Flip doesn't make any more moves, it looks like it comes down to these two for the 15th spot. That gives a little more meaning to summer league if the two of them are going head to head to make the team. I have always admired Hummel's game...really hurt the Gophers during what seemed to be his ten years at Purdue... and he looked skilled and versatile in the SL opener. Young Adelman had him playing three positions on offense, and guarding 4 positions, and he handled himself well in every role. I especially liked his smarts and anticipation on defense that resulted in three steals. And he can be a reliable shooter from downtown.

The biggest question is his health. He surprised me Saturday with his quickness, but the wear and tear on his knees can't be ignored. Ultimately the 15th man isn't going to get much burn (barring injuries...knock on wood), so this isn't as critical an issue as who is going to get what minutes. But still, I would like to see Hummel make the team. Brown needs playing time to see if he has NBA potential, and he should look for those minutes in Europe or the D-League. One vote for Hummel here. If nothing else, it will give Ricky one more guy to speak Spanish with!
TAFKASP

Re: Hummel or Brown?

Post by TAFKASP »

If it were my choice I would take Hummel for the simple reason he has greater experience at this point and is more likely to be of use to the Wolves. I think it would be better for Brown to spend a year or two playing overseas and getting floor time than sitting at the end of the Wolves bench.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

I haven't seen his game in 3 years - but Hummel was very physical in college - and if his health holds out I could see him surviving in this league.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498]

Post by Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498] »

Based on the first summer league game it's got to be Hummel
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

I think it comes down to whether Adelman and Flip think Shved can cover the PG position if Rubio or Barea go down injured.

If they think he can then they sign Hummel.

If they don't think he can then they sign Brown.

Personally I prefer Hummel. His shooting numbers playing over in Spain were solid - 10pts, 49%fg, 41%3fg. He's rebounded back well from his ACL injury and a year over in Spain would have done him a world of good, no pun intended. Seems like a player who would fit in well and play the Mikael Gelabale role, not expected to play, but expected to be ready and contibute if injuries happen (touch wood they don't).