Rotation Players

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Rotation Players

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Is it just me, but doesn't it seem like we have too many? I know it sounds strange given our injury history, but how is Rick going to keep all these guys happy? It almost seems like Bazz and Dieng are going to be hard pressed to get on the court. And what about Shved? Where does he play?

One thing I don't want to see is Ricky getting his minutes limited because we have to play JJ and Shved. Ricky needs to be out there for 36 minutes per night. And we all know Love is going to play at least 36. That means Dante is going to be limited. You don't pay Pek 12 million to have him play less than 32 minutes. I think DWill is going to force Rick to play him at least 25 minutes. Bud, Brew, Martin all need to play substantial time. Just seems like we don't have many end of the bench guys, which is a good problem I guess.
worldK

Re: Rotation Players

Post by worldK »

Love, rubio,pek and martin are going to get starter minutes.

Bud will get 20+min and brewer gets 15-18mins. Dante will be love's backup and jj will play behind rubio and play some with rubio as well. I expect Turiaf to get some backup c minutes.

DW and shved seems to be the players that wont have consistent minutes every game and might get some dnp-cd. I expect the rookies to get a good amount of dnp-cd and johnson would be a fixture in our inactive list.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Yes you make a good point but its a good problem to have. We have depth and alot of guys that can play multiple positions, but also have Martian who is actually a true SG which is really neato. LOL Shabazz is a pretty young rookie at 20 so if he doesn't see the floor alot in his rookie year that may be ok. I hope Shved shows improvement and gets some minutes over JJ.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

This is how I would play it out

PG: Rubio (34)/ Barea (12)/ Shved (2)
SG: Martin (32)/ Bazz (12)/ Shved (4)
SF: Dwill (14)/ Bud (20)/Brewer (14)
PF: Love (32)/ Dwill (6)/ Cunningham (8)
C: Pek (32)/ Dieng (10)/Love (4)
worldK

Post by worldK »

kek, i dont think adelman would play a 12 man rotation. Adelman has always prefer a 9man rotation. 10man would be the max for him.

We have good depth this year but a couple of players wont see the court a lot this season.

Love, rubio,pek,martin,bud,jj and corey would have regular minutes.

Dante,Dw,shved,turiaf,bazz and dieng will have to compet for the rest and the 2-3 rotation spots.

Cj would be inactive and collect dnp-cds much of the season. If we sign lorenzon brown, he would be a fixture on the d-league.
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

I think Adelman likes Cunningham too much to let Derrick Williams and a rookie play more than him. I won't believe Derrick Williams playing SF until Adelman plays him there. Really don't think he'd be the worst option but I think Adelman does. Last season even with the injuries Derrick only averaged about 1.7 MPG at SF last season as far as I can tell from 82games
Monster

Post by Monster »

I think it isn't a big deal if a guy plays a couple minutes more or less etc, but it would be nice to not HAVE to play Love 35+ minutes every night same with Rubio. In the past we have HAD to because they were so important and other spots in the roster were so awful we needed those guys to play huge minutes. Same with Pek. He might be the guy that needs to have his minutes watched more than the other 2 actually, but maybe won't have as viable of a backup since we don't know if Dieng is going to actually be worthy of that or not. Hopefully this team has enough depth that we can actually live without the best players on the court for a ton of minutes and the bench can manage to hold leads. It would be nice to have some good blowouts go our way to help with that. There will be some injuries hopefully nothing too major that will give guys a shot here and there.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

The depth helps insulate the team from the Impact of injuries. I also think the organization would like to contain the minutes of Ricky, Love, Martin and Pek to keep them fresh and reduce the risk of injury. It is widely accepted by experts that injuries are more likely when muscles are fatigued and less capable of supporting tendons and ligaments. I'm told that the organization is very high on Shved and I see him logging significant minutes at PG.

Some guys may turn out to be unhappy with their minutes. But I think the door is wide open for Williams, Shabazz and Dieng to compete for significant minutes. It will be interesting to see how Adelman manages this.
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

If there is any team in his history that can actually help him grow into an even better coach it might be this team in particular imo.
worldK

Post by worldK »

lipoli390 wrote:The depth helps insulate the team from the Impact of injuries. I also think the organization would like to contain the minutes of Ricky, Love, Martin and Pek to keep them fresh and reduce the risk of injury. It is widely accepted by experts that injuries are more likely when muscles are fatigued and less capable of supporting tendons and ligaments. I'm told that the organization is very high on Shved and I see him logging significant minutes at PG.

Some guys may turn out to be unhappy with their minutes. But I think the door is wide open for Williams, Shabazz and Dieng to compete for significant minutes. It will be interesting to see how Adelman manages this.