Kevin Garnett Statistics.

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Kevin Garnett Statistics.

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

Happy 50thThread!

I was recently thinking of the great times us fans had watching Kevin Garnett in the past, so I decided to have a little thread on where he ranks in the NBA all-time leaders. This will be based on him playing the next two years and retiring, but he could stay longer.

Points: KG stacks up 15th in points, (25,274) only five from passing Reggie Miller, and 339 points from passing Alex English. I believe it is safe to say that at the end of his career he will be 13th behind John Havlicek. (26,395)

Rebounds: Kevin Garnet pierced the top ten with a great 13,843 boards. He is 398 behind Walt Bellamy. 621 behind Nate Thurmond, and 872 rebounds behind Robert Parish. If he can pull off 500 per season, he will propel himself into the seventh spot on the rebound list. He does have a chance to become sixth if he can average around 575 per season to pass Karl Malone who has 14,968. He has no chance at the top five... (over 16K Moses Malone)

Assists: He is 51st in the assist rankings with 5224, but he is only 24 assists from passing Karl Malone. I see his peak at the 45th spot where he would pass Dennis Johnson. (275 assists away) or 44th where Mike Bibby will stand. (297 away) If he can get 150 a season, he is set for the top 50 for a while.

Steals: He is currently sixteenth on the ladder with 1,742 steals, and only 86 away from Kobe, but we must realize Kobe will get just enough to pass him up. With this in mind, Kevin can still pass Hall of Fame player Isaiah Thomas. He would need to get 60 steals a year on average, but if he did that he would be 1 ahead of Thomas. (119 behind) It will be tough, but it is possible. He will not pass Derek Harper who is 13th with 1,957 steals.

Blocks: Kevin is now 18th on the list with 1,970 blocks! (Almost two thousand! :thumb: ) To enter the top fifteen he will have to get 58 per year. I see this as the most realistic future for the Big Ticket, but he could get to 13th if he really beasts. It would take about 85 blocks a season, but he would be able to pass "Big Ben" Wallace who has 2137 blocks. He will not pass Marcus Camby who has over 2300 blocks.

Edit: I should add I am bored...