It is the 24th. What is next?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
mjs34

Re: It is the 24th. What is next?

Post by mjs34 »

I would like to see Bud moved, because I have never been a fan of his defense, and I don't think he will ever be truly healthy again. Bud, Brewer, and Martin are the guys standing in the way of having significant cap space next season. Would be nice to have the room to go after a guy like Milsap or Love :) when they hit FA.

JJ is an expiring, and should be an easy move to a PO team at the deadline. He is also the only guy on the team that I see making waves if he isn't getting minutes.
mnhoops [enjin:11017401]

Post by mnhoops [enjin:11017401] »

JJ's definitely the odd man out but I could easily see Lavine and Mo playing primarily together with the 2nd unit to start the season. Mo has played plenty off the ball so it would give them the opportunity to let Lavine work off the ball while also getting time at the point to develop more parts of his game.

I'm with the majority in hoping that JJ gets moved because i'd hate to see his affects on the young players and when he's not playing much watching him pout on the bench or jack up shots when his sub comes to the table. It will be difficult to see what type of trade would be out there that would open a roster spot for us or bring in someone with a non-guaranteed deal.... if the goal is to find GRIII a roster spot.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I'll add one item to my argument for Brewer over guys like Martin and Bud to be traded. Brewer is at his peak value right now. He played pretty much his best overall year for us last year and showed he does have a place in a starting 5 if the right pieces are around him. If you're trying to trade Bud you are selling him at his lowest value in his career and I think we'd be lucky if he could be dumped without needing to send a second asset with him. Given that we gave up the 18th pick in the draft for him that'd be a tough pill to swallow if we didn't get something valuable in return. The ideal would be to package JJ and Brewer in the same trade for me. I don't know who would do that trade, but that is what I would try to do at least.
mnhoops [enjin:11017401]

Post by mnhoops [enjin:11017401] »

I wouldn't be surprised if the only move we make from now until mid-season would be trying to ship out JJ. He seems like the only one on the team that will be a negative to have around if he's not getting his playing time. For how many times he would jack up shots when his sub comes to the scores table and the amount of pouting on the bench.

For the rest of the team I dont see much value for Brewer, Bud, and Martin now and I also dont see them being a distraction if they are getting out played and drop on the depth chart. Brewer's value might be at its highest but everyone knows what he'll give you so even if he doesnt play much I would imagine his value will be the same next year or at the trade deadline. I also don't see the value of Martin or Bud dropping for any reason so the team would only benefit from having them around and getting some minutes one way or another (Beginning of the year, certain roles, injuries, etc.).

I guess I see a more likely scenario that we might get something at the trade deadline from a team looking replace an injury or add a piece and we could possibly get a pick and expiring over just unloading them at this point.
worldK

Post by worldK »

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:I like Martin and think he is a good player and brings value. In the end it will come down to how quickly the kids grow and need court time.

Martin is a SG version of David Lee brings you a lot of good stuff on the court terrible on defense (makes Love look good in this area) and is a lock to miss games. Martin makes less than half as much money and his contract is only 1 year longer. Not that anyone is dying to having David Lee but I'd love to have him for 7 million a year.

The comparison to david lee is way off. Lee not only scores, he is also a very good rebounder and passer. Martin can only score and do nothing well.

I wont mind keeping martin. As others mentioned, he is a good fit next to wiggins but he is no sg version of lee in mu view.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Martin stays unless Flip can get a comparable three-point shooter to replace him through a trade or free-agency.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

khans2k5 wrote:I'll add one item to my argument for Brewer over guys like Martin and Bud to be traded. Brewer is at his peak value right now. He played pretty much his best overall year for us last year and showed he does have a place in a starting 5 if the right pieces are around him. If you're trying to trade Bud you are selling him at his lowest value in his career and I think we'd be lucky if he could be dumped without needing to send a second asset with him. Given that we gave up the 18th pick in the draft for him that'd be a tough pill to swallow if we didn't get something valuable in return. The ideal would be to package JJ and Brewer in the same trade for me. I don't know who would do that trade, but that is what I would try to do at least.

You bring up a good point. But I believe Brewer earned his salary and can be used as a viable assett for us going forward. Budinger has just simply been lackluster, his injury has made him a different player and I truly do not see him raising is value. I say cut him now because i am afraid he wont get better.
PatrickBateman [enjin:8062828]

Post by PatrickBateman [enjin:8062828] »

I would try to dump JJ/Bud.

Add 1 more vet like Brand/Okafor