Trade is done!

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Trade is done!

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Lip, It would be really hard for Flip the Coach to play Shabazz and LaVine over a healthy Bud and Brewer. It just won't happen.

As a result, I agree that Flip might explore deals to move one more wing. Brewer seems like the most likely candidate to yield something of value in return. I'd prefer to keep Martin and Budinger. While neither are the types of two-way players Flip covets, someone needs to be able to hit an outside shot on this squad!
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

lipoli390 wrote:Flip confirmed in his press conference today that he is focused primarily on the long-term horizon. Further, the young guys on the roster are player who Flip wanted, not guys he inherited or acquired to suit Rick Adelman. Put all this together and you can see who Flip will be inclined to place higher on the depth chart. Accordingly, here's what I envision as the initial depth chart Flip has in mind if roster remains exactly as it is right now:

PG: Ricky/Mo Williams/JJ Barea

SG: Martin/LaVine/Budinger

SF: Wiggins/Shabazz/Brewer

PF: Young/Bennett/Dieng

C: Pekovic/Dieng/Turiaf

Players could easily move up or down the depth chart depending on how they look through camp and preseason leading up to the opener.

I also suspect that Flip has some potential deals in mind that would move Brewer, Budinger and/or Martin. I'm guessing Flip would like to turn those three into one or two veteran wings who would be two-way players. I don't have any specific scenarios in mind.

Agree with your depth chart except for Shabazz in front of Brewer
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

bleedsped----Will we have enough salary cap to sign Love as a FA next year after McHale is hired as the coach?

NO NO NO NO

Flip coaches until Fred Hoiberg is ready to make the move
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

papalrep wrote:bleedsped----Will we have enough salary cap to sign Love as a FA next year after McHale is hired as the coach?

NO NO NO NO

I will be surprised if Flip steps down any time soon.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Shabazz isn't going to be above Corey on any depth chart.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

papalrep wrote:bleedsped----Will we have enough salary cap to sign Love as a FA next year after McHale is hired as the coach?

NO NO NO NO

It was a joke. I hope Hoiberg is the coach after Flip gets this team in the playoffs within the next 2 years.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Serious question because I've often wondered this myself: How do you all think KG would be as a head coach? Personally, I think he'd be fantastic and probably in the mold of Thibs. He's arguably the best defensive big in basketball history (Hakeem has a serious argument too). Never shy about being vocal. I know he didn't grasp the leadership role here right away as a player, but he evolved into one of the best leaders in basketball that I've seen during my lifetime. I know he's had moments where he gets insane, but I would argue that a lot of that has to do with a player's competitive fire. Think he could control that better on the bench as a coach, though.

I know that's not the shared opinion on here. Reasons why or why not. And do you think he'd be interested in returning to Minnesota to do something like that in the future? Front office job has been mentioned before, but I see KG being more valuable as a coach. I'm still fairly certain he has a warm spot in his heart for the state and the franchise.

(Could also see Chauncey Billups as a serious head coaching candidate. I mentioned this plenty of times this off-season when we were looking for someone to fill the position.)

Reason why I bring this up is because I noticed the Hoiberg comment. I like him, but don't love him. His teams don't defend as well as I'd like.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

I don't know if KG is ready to be head coach, but I think he could have a positive effect on our young players as either a veteran player or a member of the coaching staff. With all these young athletic players, I want someone who can teach team and individual defense and instill a fire in them.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

I could see KG being some type of coach more than a front office guy, but I think anything is posssssibllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle.

Seriously though, Flip did talk him up a tad in the presser in how KG wanted to be here & never wanted to leave. That he denied trades & the team had to talk him into it while finding a good opportunity for him.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Kevin Love will wear #0 in Cleveland. There is no truth to the rumor that a new NBA rule change requires traded players to wear a number equal to the number of playoffs they led their previous team to, so stop that right now :D .