Glen Fires the First Shots at Love

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Glen Fires the First Shots at Love

Post by Monster »

I wish Glenn would have left that comment out, but I think if you look at it in the context of everything else he said its really not ripping on Love that much. Its clear Glenn likes Love alot and hopes everything works out well for him. I thought his points about Love's injury issues were a good point and that was part fo the reason they didn't go 5 years that people forget about. They should have done it, but Love did and still has injury concerns. What he said about Love in those quotes is nothing compared to how he threw KG under the bus. SMH.
Kevin Glasshands [enjin:6642795]

Post by Kevin Glasshands [enjin:6642795] »

I left this part out, but maybe even the bigger low blow was Taylor saying that he thinks Kevin is going to be the third best player on Cavs.

I think most of us can agree that he is probably better than Kyrie.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

was love that injury prone when he got his deal? This was before the broken hand that cost him the year. I don't buy it. Nor has Love ever been foul prone. In fact he was the complete opposite. What an idiot
The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341]

Post by The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341] »

Kevin Glasshands wrote:I left this part out, but maybe even the bigger low blow was Taylor saying that he thinks Kevin is going to be the third best player on Cavs.

I thought it seemed pretty accurate. Irving is team USA's starting PG, he's clearly no slouch. As a PG he's going to have the ball more than Love so even if you want to say Love is a little more talented it's all going to start with Irving (or Lebron) which I think puts Irving slightly ahead of Love in the pecking order

It's going to be interesting to see how Love handles being third in line and how that affects the other aspects of his game.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

The Rage Monster wrote:
Kevin Glasshands wrote:I left this part out, but maybe even the bigger low blow was Taylor saying that he thinks Kevin is going to be the third best player on Cavs.

I thought it seemed pretty accurate. Irving is team USA's starting PG, he's clearly no slouch. As a PG he's going to have the ball more than Love so even if you want to say Love is a little more talented it's all going to start with Irving (or Lebron) which I think puts Irving slightly ahead of Love in the pecking order

It's going to be interesting to see how Love handles being third in line and how that affects the other aspects of his game.

Lol no. Kyrie's not anywhere near as good as Love is right now. Him having a handle doesn't make him a better player or higher on the pecking order either. Love's better at practically everything, not to mention he's extremely efficient, whereas Kyrie has shown that he is not as a No. 1. And if I really need to say this, Kyrie couldn't lift a decently talented team to the playoffs in the weak East. Love would have had his team as a top-four seed.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Heaven forbid this organization learn from its mistakes and be better for it. F n A
The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341]

Post by The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341] »

Camden wrote:
The Rage Monster wrote:

Lol no. Kyrie's not anywhere near as good as Love is right now. Him having a handle doesn't make him a better player or higher on the pecking order either. Love's better at practically everything, not to mention he's extremely efficient, whereas Kyrie has shown that he is not as a No. 1. And if I really need to say this, Kyrie couldn't lift a decently talented team to the playoffs in the weak East. Love would have had his team as a top-four seed.

You've got to be kidding, he is the starting PG for the best team in the world, ahead of Rose and Lillard. Irving isn't as good but to say he is not anywhere near as good as Love is crazy, he's a top level PG. And the quality of player doesn't necessarily determine the pecking order, I see Love getting a bunch of put backs and he'll hit his three's, that doesn't scream #2 player to me. In 6 years Love couldn't lift his team either to better than 40-42, not sure how that argument can be used in Love's favor.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I remember reading somewhere about Love having old man knees. That the guy ices up like crazy. We will see how well he ages.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

The Rage Monster wrote:
Camden wrote:
The Rage Monster wrote:

You've got to be kidding, he is the starting PG for the best team in the world, ahead of Rose and Lillard. Irving isn't as good but to say he is not anywhere near as good as Love is crazy, he's a top level PG. And the quality of player doesn't necessarily determine the pecking order, I see Love getting a bunch of put backs and he'll hit his three's, that doesn't scream #2 player to me. In 6 years Love couldn't lift his team either to better than 40-42, not sure how that argument can be used in Love's favor.

I don't take the FIBA teams too seriously. Win Olympic gold as a serious contributor and then we'll talk. And in all honesty, there's 10 point guards I'd personally rather have over Irving. His game is more flash than actual impact since he's been in the NBA. He doesn't play defense. He takes a ton of poor shots, resulting in low efficiency, and if he's not scoring, what's he doing for the team? He's one of the more overrated "stars" in this league. With that said, he's still a very talented player who does play much better with stars than his actual teammates (FIBA play and All-Star MVP), which is why he'll be a big help to the Cavs this year and for the future. He will be third wheel, though. Make no mistake about it.

And since I know I'm going to get asked about it: Paul, Parker, Westbrook, Wall, Rose, Rondo, Curry, Lowry, Conley and Lillard. If I was making a team to win tomorrow, I'd rather have these 10 over Irving. It is what it is.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Glen is pathetic!! Would someone in the organization please tell him to keep his mouth shut!!!