What do you think Wiggins will ultimately become?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

What do you think Wiggins will ultimately become?

Post by BloopOracle »

I have always been high on him as a prospect and don't see how he is anything less than an lower tier all-star. I think he becomes a 20+ point per game scorer but still mostly because of he out athleticism's everyone else not because he refines his moves. I hope to god Rubio can improve his shooting percentage just a little more and hit that Jason Kidd level to be efficient because he is the PERFECT teammate for Wiggins. He will become the undisputed best lockdown defender in the NBA which has me more excited than anything else. I think he is a top 5 player for multiple years as his peak who is never left out of the conversation because his elite defense stands out so much.

What do you guys think he will become?
Volans19

Re: What do you think Wiggins will ultimately become?

Post by Volans19 »

My hope for what he becomes is similar to what you think he will be.

In reality I think he will be a player who can dazzle with his athleticism and be a defensive guru but a guy who won't be able to score at will and struggle to get the Wolves into the playoffs. I don't think he will become a guy like Durant or Lebron who can put the team on his back and determine their success.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I think he will become a Minnesota Timberwolf! Thats as far as I'm gonna go with that.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

Volans-- I don't think he will become a guy like Durant or Lebron who can put the team on his back and determine their success.

Ok, but can he become Andre Iguadala? I'd be fine with that level of play
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

papalrep wrote:Volans-- I don't think he will become a guy like Durant or Lebron who can put the team on his back and determine their success.

Ok, but can he become Andre Iguadala? I'd be fine with that level of play

If he turns out to be Iguodala, I'll be disappointed. I know that's just me, though.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Volans19 wrote:My hope for what he becomes is similar to what you think he will be.

In reality I think he will be a player who can dazzle with his athleticism and be a defensive guru but a guy who won't be able to score at will and struggle to get the Wolves into the playoffs. I don't think he will become a guy like Durant or Lebron who can put the team on his back and determine their success.

Yup. He will absolutely have to develop an outside shot in my opinion, as his handles and shake aren't good enough to take guys off the dribble. From ceiling to floor, this is the range that makes sense to me:

Paul George
Kawhi Leonard
Nic Batum
Trevor Ariza
Harrison Barnes
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Q12543 wrote:
Volans19 wrote:My hope for what he becomes is similar to what you think he will be.

Yup. He will absolutely have to develop an outside shot in my opinion, as his handles and shake aren't good enough to take guys off the dribble. From ceiling to floor, this is the range that makes sense to me:

Paul George
Kawhi Leonard
Nic Batum
Trevor Ariza
Harrison Barnes

I think those are good comparisons. I think his floor is Nic Batum.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I think Q's list captures Wiggins' range perfectly. I'd say Tracy McGrady if Wiggins had a better handle, but maybe his handle and shake will improve more that we typically see from players already 19-20 years old. Nevertheless, I think Wiggins will end up reaching the high end of his range - i.e., Paul George.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I think Bennett's floor is Charles Barkley.

Just kidding. :)
northernhoops [enjin:9491634]

Post by northernhoops [enjin:9491634] »

lipoli390 wrote:I think Bennett's floor is Charles Barkley.

Just kidding. :)

That's selling him short Lip. Way more potential than Barkley