Who starts at PF on opening night

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Who starts at PF on opening night

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

For 6 years, the coach has been able to pencil in Kevin Love, but that is unlikely to be an option this year. Who do you think will be starting at the 2 on opening night?

I think it's a stretch, but my pick is Anthony Bennett. I want to see him grow into the position, and I think he can quickly.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Re: Who starts at PF on opening night

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

LST, I know you meant the 4 and I watched that video. I like his control and his awareness and he can obviously shoot. What's wrong with having a big forward that can shoot 3's? He's never gonna be a shotblocker,

We shouldn't have Young AND Bennett on this team. Make Bennett your starter, bring in someone cheap to back him up.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I'm pretty confident Flip is going to acquire Thad Young either in a three-team trade centered around Kevin Love or in a separate trade after the Love deal. We're about to have young talent everywhere (LaVine, Wiggins, Dieng, Muhammad, GRIII and possibly Bennett too). Need to spash in some veterans and we could still be a competitive team in 2014, which should be the goal. Tanking isn't an option with Rubio leading a team; he just makes players play better than they are. Keep in mind Flip seemed adamant about keeping Kevin Martin, or rather he wasn't looking to trade him, on the Funkadelic a couple weeks ago.

I think we're going to have a nice blend of veterans and young prospects. Let's hope to establish a winning culture while grooming our high potential prospects.

Rubio / Williams
Martin / LaVine
Wiggins / Budinger / Muhammad
Young / Bennett (if he's not moved for Young)
Pekovic / Dieng

Sure, I can be overly optimistic at times, but that doesn't look like a bad team at all. 8th seed contender depending on how good Wiggins is his first year, Rubio's improvement and Dieng's added productivity.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Wheres Dante Cunningham?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:Wheres Dante Cunningham?

He's in court.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Lloyd, thanks for pointing out my error in calling the PF position a 2...I'm having a foggy day!

Cam makes a good point that Flip has never indicated a preference for Bennett, and there are rumors that he may like Young. So Thaddeus is still a solid possibility to be our opening night starter. I worry about his rebounding, so my choice is still Bennett.

Since Dante's name was brought up, it may also be worthwhile to discuss who is likely to back up Bennett or Young (assuming that we will end up with only one of them). This may be controversial, but my choice right now might be Cunningham. I'm not positive, but I think his legal issues are behind him, and he would be a cheap free agent signing. !2 and 8 on a per 40 basis and career 48% shooting doesn't sound like a bad option backing up at PF.

Or do you think Flip sees Robbie Hummel as capable of getting regular minutes at PF? He's exactly the same size as Dante, and would add a stretch element to the backup 4.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

I'm hoping for a Thompson/Bennett duo and taking a stab at ending up with a package we didn't expect. Wiggins/Bennett/Thompson/picks
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:Lloyd, thanks for pointing out my error in calling the PF position a 2...I'm having a foggy day!

Cam makes a good point that Flip has never indicated a preference for Bennett, and there are rumors that he may like Young. So Thaddeus is still a solid possibility to be our opening night starter. I worry about his rebounding, so my choice is still Bennett.

Since Dante's name was brought up, it may also be worthwhile to discuss who is likely to back up Bennett or Young (assuming that we will end up with only one of them). This may be controversial, but my choice right now might be Cunningham. I'm not positive, but I think his legal issues are behind him, and he would be a cheap free agent signing. !2 and 8 on a per 40 basis and career 48% shooting doesn't sound like a bad option backing up at PF.

Or do you think Flip sees Robbie Hummel as capable of getting regular minutes at PF? He's exactly the same size as Dante, and would add a stretch element to the backup 4.

If Luc is on the roster he is basically just about as good as Dante as a backup PF and I do like Dante but I think it may be time to move on. I am not really too concerned with the backup PF spot right now let's see who the starter is first. Lol
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I feel pretty confident it is going to be Young.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

I'm concerned we are going to be stacked at PF with 6' 7" tweeners.