What do you think Wiggins will ultimately become?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: What do you think Wiggins will ultimately become?

Post by Monster »

I think Wiggins will make a great father someday. Also I see him partnering up with Jonathon Bender and they will be awesome on infomercials hawking Bender's latest physical therapy inventions.
Woomanchu [enjin:10956828]

Post by Woomanchu [enjin:10956828] »

papalrep wrote:Ok, but can he become Andre Iguadala? I'd be fine with that level of play

I don't see the comparison with Andre beyond their defense. Offensively they are very different players. Comparing Iggy's and Wiggins' freshmen years shows that Wiggins is way ahead of Iggy on an offensive level. Wiggins had better TS%, eFG%, and Offensive WS. The only area that Iggy performed better that Wiggins is in distributing the rock. If Wiggins is able to develop Iggy's handle, I see a McGrady/Pippen upside without the passing ability.

I think/hope that Wiggins takes his experience with the Cavs and LBJ and uses it as motivation to play and work angry. Wiggins potential is tied to his handle. He is unable to utilized his other worldly athleticism in the half court because his handle is so weak. He has a great step back jumper and has a couple of straight-line moves that shows what he has the ability to do, but he really needs to develop some wiggle to get to an elite level. Most of his offense this year will come from the system and having a terrific floor general playing with him. I wouldn't be shocked to see Wiggins average 18 ppg this year and win ROY.
worldK

Post by worldK »

I'll be the first one to say it.

Wiggins will win ROOKIE OF THE YEAR next year.
worldK

Post by worldK »

To get on topic. I see wiggins being a kawhi leonard/ paul george mix of a two way player.

I see him winning the rookie of the year award next season. You hear it here first. #WigginsROY
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Personally, I am not high on Wiggins becoming a superstar. I don't see it in the way he carries himself. He just doesn't have superstar level confidence. He is a shy guy, and I believe he will be the 2nd or 3rd best player on a winning team. 3rd best being most likely, in my opinion. His defense should be great, and he will put up a quiet 15-18 point average a game. He'll show some acrobatic dunking and all that, but I don't see the fire in him that those great players have. A good player with a chance at a few all star games in his prime, but not the superstar franchise changing player that everyone else seems to tout him as.

So yeah, I agree with Volans.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

I also doubt he wins RoY here. Id honestly go with Lavine before him, as he has the edgy side about him. But I think Parker has the best chance to win it as he'll be the go to scorer for the bucks right away.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

worldK wrote:I'll be the first one to say it.

Wiggins will win ROOKIE OF THE YEAR next year.

If Martin or Rubio misses a ton of games I think he could.
Kevin Glasshands [enjin:6642795]

Post by Kevin Glasshands [enjin:6642795] »

Master Summoner wrote:Personally, I am not high on Wiggins becoming a superstar. I don't see it in the way he carries himself. He just doesn't have superstar level confidence. He is a shy guy, and I believe he will be the 2nd or 3rd best player on a winning team. 3rd best being most likely, in my opinion. His defense should be great, and he will put up a quiet 15-18 point average a game. He'll show some acrobatic dunking and all that, but I don't see the fire in him that those great players have. A good player with a chance at a few all star games in his prime, but not the superstar franchise changing player that everyone else seems to tout him as.

Sounds kinda like you're describing Durant's and Lenard's personalities here as well... I understand what you mean by not having that killer instinct, but I think those two guys are proof enough that you don't need it to be or become a star player.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Q has a pretty good grasp on his range. But with a guy like Wiggins, there is always that chance that he blows up in the league. I'll hope for that while expecting him to play in an All star game somewhere along the way
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Kevin Glasshands wrote:
Master Summoner wrote:Personally, I am not high on Wiggins becoming a superstar. I don't see it in the way he carries himself. He just doesn't have superstar level confidence. He is a shy guy, and I believe he will be the 2nd or 3rd best player on a winning team. 3rd best being most likely, in my opinion. His defense should be great, and he will put up a quiet 15-18 point average a game. He'll show some acrobatic dunking and all that, but I don't see the fire in him that those great players have. A good player with a chance at a few all star games in his prime, but not the superstar franchise changing player that everyone else seems to tout him as.

Sounds kinda like you're describing Durant's and Lenard's personalities here as well... I understand what you mean by not having that killer instinct, but I think those two guys are proof enough that you don't need it to be or become a star player.

I was a big Voshon Lenard fan, glass, but calling him a star player is kind of a stretch :)