Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Who starts at PF on opening night

Post by 60WinTim »

I like it. Gonna Be Bad With Thad! :)
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

khans2k5 wrote:I'm not giving them any first round picks for Thad. They can have 1 of Cleveland's late first round picks, but we're still gonna be bad with Thad and we still potentially owe a first to the Suns this year making the pick a future first which I'm not giving up for a guy who could leave after this year.

After trading Love and being in the west I don't think we have to worry about coveying that pick to Phoenix. Its much more likely to become two future 2nds.
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote:I like it. Gonna Be Bad With Thad! :)

Tim getting excited yey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Oifnp4fHa8
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

I am getting so excited for the season!
mnhoops [enjin:11017401]

Post by mnhoops [enjin:11017401] »

I wouldn't be surprised if Turiaf is our starting PF not to Pek for experience, energy and defense. Of course it all depends on what happens with other deals that stem from the Love saga.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

khans2k5 wrote:That's a first from a good team. Any first from us would be from a bad team. There's a huge difference. If we never have the pick to begin with I'm not gonna complain we missed out on a bottom 5 pick. I would think we get Wiggins/Bennett/Miami pick and Philly gets Waiters/Cleveland first.

That would be my guess, Kahns. Although I could see the Sixers only getting Cleveland's Memphis pick, a future Wolves' second rounder, and a few T-Wolf players -- JJ, Luc, Shved and Budinger.
northernhoops [enjin:9491634]

Post by northernhoops [enjin:9491634] »

If we're gonna be bad anyway why trade a first for Thad?
I'd give them
Luc/JJ/Bud/2nd and that's about it
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I'm not a fan of Thad Young. but if we can unload some contracts (JJ, Shved, Luc) that we don't love in exchange, I would be happy to have him for one year. Flip needs to clear a few roster spots, and this might be ay to do it...I don't sense that Philly is too keen on keeping Young. Bennett is coming off a horrible rookie year, and I can understand why Flip may want to start the season with a more experienced starting PF as he monitors Bennett's readiness.

Basically, I want my starting PF to do three things...score efficiently, rebound, and play solid defense. And advanced stats show Thad is substandard in all three areas. His TS% of .512 ranked him 55th among PF's last year, and his rebounding rate of 9.5 ranked him 69th. So in these critical areas, he ranks behind most of the league's backup PF's. And his defensive rating of 108 is not very good.

I enjoyed the highlight video, and do think he is athletic and would fit well offensively with Rubio. But I don't want my PF hanging around the 3-point line and shooting 3.7 threes per game if he's only going to hit around 30% of them (and several of his makes were banked in!). I like the way he uses his left hand, but he doesn't look at all comfortable going to his right (and we already have one guy like that).

But if Flip can unload the three guys I mentioned, and not give up any draft picks, I'd be happy with a deal.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

"Basically, I want my starting PF to do three things...score efficiently, rebound, and play solid defense."

"But I don't want my PF hanging around the 3-point line and shooting 3.7 threes per game if he's only going to hit around 30% of them"

But you love Anthony B... Nevermind. :dizzy:
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

monster - you've changed my mind! I don't think young missed a single shot in that 22 minutes... ;-)

But seriously, I did like what I saw from Young. He really had a down year last year. But if he could bounce back to the mean after being on such an awful team, Young ought to do well with the Wolves.

I wish I could change my vote!